2017 World Cup

Whitworth Yed

Why in God's name have the bbc (sic) been given the rights to the World Cup. The only game they have shown is the Australia vs Us, and a repeat on Sunday Morning. The Freesport channel is not showing any games today, but Premier is. Did the bumpkins at Red Hall only go for the money? They have hardly put the game in the shop window have they? If they (Red Hall) think this is the way to market Rugby League, then they don't have the brains of a tadpole. It's bowlocks.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

1 hour ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Why in God's name have the bbc (sic) been given the rights to the World Cup. The only game they have shown is the Australia vs Us, and a repeat on Sunday Morning. The Freesport channel is not showing any games today, but Premier is. Did the bumpkins at Red Hall only go for the money? They have hardly put the game in the shop window have they? If they (Red Hall) think this is the way to market Rugby League, then they don't have the brains of a tadpole. It's bowlocks.

Totally 100% agree with you on that one.Our governing body is farcical to say the least.

7 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Did Red hall sell the rights?  Or the World cup organisers?

We can't force the BBC to show more games?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

The BBC only wanted the rights to the England games and finals,every game is on premiersports & freesport..

iirc IMG sold the rights on behalf of the RFL/RLIF...the RLIF have done away with IMG for future world cups I believe?

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

You've got to remember the BBC is full to the brim of RU followers who in the whole despise RL. I feel by buying the rights to the World Cup they show RL for what they see it to be a challenge to their game. Give it no coverage so it ceases to exist and B***** Hall are so wrapped up in taking their own fat salaries are so thick they don't see it - or are they covert members of the same RU club?

How's that tinfoil hat doing lad?

The BBC hate RL that much they paid for the 2013 & 2017 world cups at the same time! I love a good conspiracy but Christ almighty have a god damn clue!

The BBC are giving the amount of coverage they paid for!

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Spud how much of a clue do you need! What the BBC is doing is as subtle as a piece of fish slapped into your face.The BBC are southern wallers brought up on RU and us up north are still seen as wearers of cloth caps and having a couple of whippets. Yes I do see a conspiracy and sticking your head in the sand so you don't see it can only make their job easier.

By the way I've changed the tin-foil hat for something stronger so as to take the battle to the BBC and B***** Hall.

Archived