Dave woods

iangidds

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Damien said:

There is on Sporting Life. BBC are also showing the world cup,  Sky are not. 

People were bigging up the RLWC coverage on the Sky website earlier in the thread. Found it an interesting comparison. 

22 minutes ago, Damien said:

Only took them nearly 3 hours. 

Sporting Life posted their report 2 hours after the game ended. The Guardian not long before that. Poor response times all round 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

5 hours ago, Damien said:

Only took them nearly 3 hours. 

They got nearly fifty words out of Wayne Bennett. Given that, it's amazing the story appeared so quickly. ;) 

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

On 19/10/2017 at 6:40 PM, Just Browny said:

Did anyone listen to Dave's RL podcast on Monday? It was excellent and covered the new book about the ten greatest RLWC games.

I listened to the podcast but I became too busy cringing at Woods and Phil Kinsella for being unaware that the new Warrington coach didn't used to play for Australia. 

For those that didn't hear it - Woods said something like 'and now we're going to hear from the ex-Australia prop, Steve Price, who's recently become the Warrington coach'. It became even more embarrassing when Kinsella, who was interviewing the new Wolves boss, said something like 'and you, of course, experienced the World Cup as a player in 2008'.

To think that Woods and Kinsella actually earn a living from being RL journalists...

16 minutes ago, Alan Robertson said:

I listened to the podcast but I became too busy cringing at Woods and Phil Kinsella for being unaware that the new Warrington coach didn't used to play for Australia. 

For those that didn't hear it - Woods said something like 'and now we're going to hear from the ex-Australia prop, Steve Price, who's recently become the Warrington coach'. It became even more embarrassing when Kinsella, who was interviewing the new Wolves boss, said something like 'and you, of course, experienced the World Cup as a player in 2008'.

To think that Woods and Kinsella actually earn a living from being RL journalists...

KInsella is a jobbing sports commentator/journalist and not particularly an RL journalist.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

42 minutes ago, Padge said:

KInsella is a jobbing sports commentator/journalist and not particularly an RL journalist.

Think that's slightly disingenuous. Kinsella has covered a hell of a lot of RL in his time and has spent many an hour offering opinions on the Radio Manc phone-in. The slip-up Alan refers to was a bit of a howler.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Think that's slightly disingenuous. Kinsella has covered a hell of a lot of RL in his time and has spent many an hour offering opinions on the Radio Manc phone-in. The slip-up Alan refers to was a bit of a howler.

It wasn't meant as an insult to Kinsella, for me he is the best RL commentator on radio, but he does do other things, he is not a dedicated RL commentator.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

31 minutes ago, Padge said:

It wasn't meant as an insult to Kinsella, for me he is the best RL commentator on radio, but he does do other things, he is not a dedicated RL commentator.

Agree he is a very good commentator. Best on the radio? I think Stuart Pyke is excellent too, and Trevor Hunt has been a superb caller on Manchester down the years. Don't think Woods does much radio commentary these days but also a good one.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Padge said:

Who is, really, in the British media? Dave Woods covers other sports at times too. 

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

8 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Agree he is a very good commentator. Best on the radio? I think Stuart Pyke is excellent too, and Trevor Hunt has been a superb caller on Manchester down the years. Don't think Woods does much radio commentary these days but also a good one.

I don't think Woods has done any radio for a while, he is the best TV commentator and his C.Cup early rounds stuff was brilliant. Trevor Hunt has always been good but does become to rely on cliches  Hunt does do some feature writing and written commentaries on rugby league, Woods does do RL but not totally exclusive. Kinsella pops up in all sorts of places and does knnow his stuff, he even phones in on the radio phone ins.

I don't really listen to 5 live but if Stuart Pyke is anything like as abysmal as the two St.Helens clowns who commentate for Radio Merseyside I will give him a very wide berth. (I suspect he is a lot better than the Mersey clowns).

Advert for the RLWC during Match of the Day just now. Good to see.

Archived