Complained

Did the same last week. No response yet.

Edit: Just received this. Standard response, not answering any of the questions posed.

"Thanks for getting in touch about ‘Rugby League World Cup’ on 27 October.

I understand you’re unhappy this is to be shown on BBC Two, rather than BBC One and appreciate your feedback about this.

Scheduling decisions are always subject to change and are based on our audience as a whole. However, we’re sorry you’re disappointed with this decision.

There are plans to show the final on BBC one and you may be interested in the following BBC Sport website for further information:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41510260

I’ve put your feedback about this on a report that is made available to all members of the BBC, including the BBC Sport team as well as senior BBC management. This ensures your comments and others we receive are considered across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards"

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

19 minutes ago, roughyedspud said:

Stop being channel snobs!!! Its one button up on the remote and everyone that's has BBC 1 has BBC 2 too!

Bores me to tears this nonsense!

You dot understand that BBC ONE averages 4 times higher share of viewers than BBC TWO don't you?

Us lot pressing 115 on Sky instead of 101 is not the issue here.

Your point about channel snobbery is just outright bizarre.

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

Did the same last week. No response yet.

Edit: Just received this. Standard response, not answering any of the questions posed.

"Thanks for getting in touch about ‘Rugby League World Cup’ on 27 October.

I understand you’re unhappy this is to be shown on BBC Two, rather than BBC One and appreciate your feedback about this.

Scheduling decisions are always subject to change and are based on our audience as a whole. However, we’re sorry you’re disappointed with this decision.

There are plans to show the final on BBC one and you may be interested in the following BBC Sport website for further information:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41510260

I’ve put your feedback about this on a report that is made available to all members of the BBC, including the BBC Sport team as well as senior BBC management. This ensures your comments and others we receive are considered across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards"

How disappointing that my complaint got an identical response. There was me thinking they may treat me like an individual :fie:

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, and again and again.

"We are the BBC. We are never wrong."

The 'based on our audience as a whole' is a great line to a complaint - you literally cannot argue with it.

Keep complaining if you are not happy about anything at the BBC, but don't expect anything to happen. Years and years of watching and listening to Points of View and Feedback and similar progs shows tbat these are just an opporunity for the BBC to insist thry are never wrong. 

They actually rang me after I complained but I couldn't hear them very well as it wasn't such a good line.

When it came to this bit : 

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

'based on our audience as a whole

I thought I heard them say to me "based on our audience asshole".

It certainly put me in my place and left me wondering how they could be such a good judge of character when they don't really know me.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

10 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

They actually rang me after I complained but I couldn't hear them very well as it wasn't such a good line.

When it came to this bit : 

I thought I heard them say to me "based on our audience asshole".

It certainly put me in my place and left me wondering how they could be such a good judge of character when they don't really know me.

Maybe they come on here?

4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Maybe they come on here?

There is that I suppose.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Most worrying for me is 'there are plans to show the final on BBC1'.

That's weasel-speak for 'we will probably change that too'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Just Browny said:

Most worrying for me is 'there are plans to show the final on BBC1'.

That's weasel-speak for 'we will probably change that too'.

Yup. If England are not in it, no chance.

I cant believe that our Semi (if we make it) may be tucked away on bbc 2 as well.

14 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yup. If England are not in it, no chance.

I cant believe that our Semi (if we make it) may be tucked away on bbc 2 as well.

Surprised at you, engaging in channel snobbery.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I think if England progress well in the tournament then a concerted campaign can be put together to get the SF and Final on BBC1. I know we shouldn't have to but hey. The Beeb has proven in the past they can switch as our last minute demotion has shown.

It's all to do with demographics ....

ITV's audience at that time is made of of mainly female C2/D/E's (that's what "This Morning" is aimed at.)

BBC1 caters for ABC1 (mainly middle class, middle Englanders) - who are loath to change (think Radio 4 listeners who moan at the slightest change to a format or scheduling)

BBC2 has nothing to show at that time other than the Victoria Derbyshire "Radio 5 Dead" link up filler, (it's that or a PM5544 test card !).

The BBC will not admit this - but that's why they've done it

My reply (I had a bit more of a general lack of coverage rant too):

Thank you for contacting the BBC.

I understand you feel the BBC is not offering enough coverage from the Rugby League World Cup, in particular you feel there is a lack of coverage of Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

Naturally we regret when any member of our audience is unhappy with any aspect of what we do. The BBC is offering coverage of the Rugby League World Cup on TV, Red Button, Radio and Online. As a publicly funded broadcaster we have finite resources meaning we can not always cover every sporting event in the way some members of our audience may wish us too. There is more information about the coverage being offered on the BBC Media Centre web page here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/rugby-league-world-cup

We appreciate you feel we should be offering more comprehensive covearge and as such I have passed your concerns to the BBC sport teams as well as BBC Management via ur audience feedback report to ensure your concerns are seen by the right people quickly.

Thank you, once again, for contacting the BBC.

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

My reply (I had a bit more of a general lack of coverage rant too):

Thank you for contacting the BBC.

I understand you feel the BBC is not offering enough coverage from the Rugby League World Cup, in particular you feel there is a lack of coverage of Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

Naturally we regret when any member of our audience is unhappy with any aspect of what we do. The BBC is offering coverage of the Rugby League World Cup on TV, Red Button, Radio and Online. As a publicly funded broadcaster we have finite resources meaning we can not always cover every sporting event in the way some members of our audience may wish us too. There is more information about the coverage being offered on the BBC Media Centre web page here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/rugby-league-world-cup

We appreciate you feel we should be offering more comprehensive covearge and as such I have passed your concerns to the BBC sport teams as well as BBC Management via ur audience feedback report to ensure your concerns are seen by the right people quickly.

Thank you, once again, for contacting the BBC.

I'll be contacting the beeb, to congratulate them on the high quality of their coverage.

Archived