NRL Subscription Service Outside Australia To Be Launched

Womer

Given that the restrictions on this streaming service only covers places that already know and love their RL (and have existing TV deals), this makes maximum NRL coverage available to every emerging nation on the planet.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Can’t wait to ditch Premier to be honest. As soon as the World Cup is over, so long and thanks for the fish

Know how you feel. They aren't great for their coverage of anything. Zero production values they just buy in a feed.

Only downside is hassle of whether it's easy to run NRL pass thru the TV.

I would imagine it will be via amazon stick or something.. 

1 minute ago, Southerner80 said:

Know how you feel. They aren't great for their coverage of anything. Zero production values they just buy in a feed.

Only downside is hassle of whether it's easy to run NRL pass thru the TV.

Think I read it’s Airplay compatible, which will do me

On 24/10/2017 at 5:57 PM, Southerner80 said:

An easy method with an Android phone is to use a Chromecast device (£30)

This casts whats on your phone via your wifi router to your TV via your HDMI socket.

These are very popluar and are used for unofficial streaming as well.

The other way is to buy an Android box for about £50 - these use a HDMI connection to stream any content to your TV

• 3 months later...

The RFL need to be prepared to put this online model in place for 2021. These TV deals might be good for one more contract, but after that it will be about online subscribers, cable TV is on it's last legs. The value to teams in SL will be how many paying subscribers they can attract.

32 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

You talking about all of the heartlands?

In the Australian context, a major nationwide free-to-air channel has a couple of live NRL games, some NSW Cup games and some QLD Cup games. This keeps the old guard happy.

Pay-TV has all NRL games plus some games from other competitions here and abroad on their 24 hour RL channel.

As I got rid of pay-TV I get every single NRL game live on my phone as part of my mobile phone package. It’s all streamed data free to my phone wherever I am in the country.

So we have a bit of the old and a bit of the new to keep all cohorts of fans happy.

Until last season I used to be able to watch NRL matches via an official channel on livestream.com for free, which included every single league fixture plus Auckland 9s, City vs Country and SoO. I think this was the case if you resided in any country without an existing TV contract. 

The new NRL service will still be pretty good value for money though. For comparison, a sports package for Premier League and other top-flight European football coverage here in Finland sets you back 35 euros a month.

I really wish that I'd be able to watch British RL live though.

Minä rakastan rugbyliigaa!

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Until last season I used to be able to watch NRL matches via an official channel on livestream.com for free, which included every single league fixture plus Auckland 9s, City vs Country and SoO. I think this was the case if you resided in any country without an existing TV contract. 

The new NRL service will still be pretty good value for money though. For comparison, a sports package for Premier League and other top-flight European football coverage here in Finland sets you back 35 euros a month.

I really wish that I'd be able to watch British RL live though.

Check your messages

10 hours ago, ojx said:

The RFL need to be prepared to put this online model in place for 2021. These TV deals might be good for one more contract, but after that it will be about online subscribers, cable TV is on it's last legs. The value to teams in SL will be how many paying subscribers they can attract.

That's why we're preparing at Bradford for the first streaming contract.

10 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

I registered months ago and not heard Owt since..

Anyone know how much it'll be a month?

Nothing confirmed but I've heard the figure of £124.99 for the year being mentioned. 

£10.41 a month for over 80 live games, I'll be having some of that.

I imagine when Super League is on there will be a "rights not available" message or somesuch

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

5 minutes ago, manu266 said:

I just realised something logical but impossible:

Watch NRL will broadcast Fox League

Fox League broadcasts Super League

Watch NRL will broadcast Super League ???

Will be geo-locked, so geographically no.

8 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

That's why we're preparing at Bradford for the first streaming contract.

Nothing confirmed but I've heard the figure of £124.99 for the year being mentioned. 

Or for seven months really 

13 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

Absolutely!! 

I was paying £9.99 for premier sports!!

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Dont you have to pay in a lump sum for that though? Or can it be payed monthly but a 12m contract?

Unfortunately it will still work out more expensive than premier as you usually got a couple of months with an offer plus to watch NRL you only needed to subscribe for 7 or 8 months (£80 max). The amount of live NRL games you benefit from has reduced too as many will get a couple already on sky and I expect Sky to have things like Origin too.

TWP on premier too.

Im interested to see pricing but for the same as last year I will get fewer NRL games but still a couple plus better TWP games and SL.

To invest an extra between 10 and 22 quid a month may be stretching it a bit.

Look at "doc squiffy" channel on YouTube for details

App is available on Google play store too for updates too

"Doc squiffy kodi and entertainment"

Plenty there for exploring ! Including "swift streams" and "mobdro"

Archived