League Express this week

phildog

Well, 'somebody in the know' says we're going DR again with Giants. If we do can we have an agreement that just might work in our favour? Someone did mention a decent half back there on another thread so....

that Jermaine McGillvary fella looks quite good.....if he cant get a game for the Giants.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

yep bin it, i know  we were never going to get the likes a minnikin or hitchcock for a full season, but we seem to get players game  ready then when busy part a season comes round there off never to be seen again. lets stick with what we have and keep those lads looked after and fighting fit who play for the dogs shirt. broughy would do thou mind..:shout:

I'd plump for it if we accrue Isaac Farrell.

That's if simba won't raid piggy bank for Briggs or thackeray

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

If I remember correctly the main thing we gained with the Giants was the medical facilities for our players with major injuries, yes we have had some decent players from them McGilvery and Fairbanks for two, I know the club messed up playing Fairbanks in the that play off match that led to that massive spat from Keighley.

4 hours ago, 9' oller said:

I'd plump for it if we accrue Isaac Farrell.

That's if simba won't raid piggy bank for Briggs or thackeray

Well Fev have announced the signing of Ridyard from Leigh so I'd expect Thackeray or Briggs  (or both) to move to pastures new now.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

16 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

Well Fev have announced the signing of Ridyard from Leigh so I'd expect Thackeray or Briggs  (or both) to move to pastures new now.

Although Thackeray does still have a year left on his contract so he won't just go without compensation, and maybe a fee.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Although Thackeray does still have a year left on his contract so he won't just go without compensation, and maybe a fee.

Unless Fev are willing to take the risk of keeping a player on a, presumably, decent salary as back up. They may also have other plans for him. Who knows?

5 hours ago, RogerT said:

If I remember correctly the main thing we gained with the Giants was the medical facilities for our players with major injuries, yes we have had some decent players from them McGilvery and Fairbanks for two, I know the club messed up playing Fairbanks in the that play off match that led to that massive spat from Keighley.

Griffin (J) and Brown (A) did OK for us in 2010 as well.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

On 26/10/2017 at 5:23 PM, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

Griffin (J) and Brown (A) did OK for us in 2010 as well.

I thought Griffin was pretty appalling for us in 2010. Brown was the only real pay-off from our dual registration deal with Huddersfield. Remember the woeful Elliott Hodgson in 2011?

3 hours ago, Tony F said:

I thought Griffin was pretty appalling for us in 2010. Brown was the only real pay-off from our dual registration deal with Huddersfield. Remember the woeful Elliott Hodgson in 2011?

Have to disagree with you there. Griffin certainly started as average that season,  but (in my opinion) was our most improved player by the end.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

On 28/10/2017 at 12:36 AM, ernieone said:

I hope we sign a couple of appalling centres for next season :rtfm:

I didn't say Griffin was an appalling player. That would be silly. What I did say is that I felt he was appalling for us in 2010. The lad couldn't tackle and couldn't keep hold of the ball. He was excellent when he returned four years later. 

38 minutes ago, Dogstew said:

Being so near Jowsbry brings it down

Aye and having to bow to Huddersfield 

Makes it even worse.... 

Just think we could be featherstone 

A little town in Wakefield that has a better ground than both super league neighbours 

:)

18 hours ago, coolie said:

Aye and having to bow to Huddersfield 

Makes it even worse.... 

Just think we could be featherstone 

A little town in Wakefield that has a better ground than both super league neighbours 

:)

Both Batley n Dewsbury own there grounds , Huddersfield doesn't 

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived