2018 Fixtures

ojx

On 02/11/2017 at 11:50 PM, Krzzystuff said:

Hey let's get the facts straight here....i knew about the Wolfpack like 2 months before the season started...where do I stand as longest serving fan?

One of the longest wolfpacks had congratulations.

On Rugby matters we were told to start in league 1 and work our way up. I think that this is a great idea because we are the first transatlantic team and it brings many unique circumstances, like playing 11 away in a row.

Yeah and so you should have started in league one that's called playing by the rules.

We are meant for SL so pardon the interruption to all the Championship teams. Hopefully the fact that all the games we play will be televised and the fact that all those extra non away fans show up to watch us at your grounds helps smooth things over. If not then please accept a complimentary trip to one of the biggest NA cities (visa permitting) to make you forget all the bad things we have caused to your sport...getting global recognition, better crowds than most SL clubs, attracting sponsors like bees to honey all in our first year in the lowest division...now that I read that I guess we are a bunch of basterds aren't we.

I agree that wolfpack have done a lot, but when you have part time players, it causes problems. And as far as getting all the support all i hear on here is you lot going to clubs where they already get a big crowd so you are not going to the smaller clubs, and the wolfpack have played in front of small crowds before so they don't change the landscape off all the clubs like you are making out. And i know its not your job but dont make out like you are doing us all favour. 

As far as the basterd title I can not comment on the marital status of your parents when you where born.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/11/2017 at 11:56 PM, Krzzystuff said:

All the clubs get televised games home and away.

Better attendance for all your home games = more money for you

Free trip to Canada eh?

We're not taking any central money so that means more money for all of the championship clubs.

Which one of those screams we don't care about any of the clubs? 

I think the problems is that in America and Canada full time teams and part time don't mix so it's hard for you to understand and I appreciate that, the problem with the free trip is it dose cost money the players have to have time off work so it costs them days wages.

And did I say Toronto wolfpack don't care? I don't think I did I said the RFL don't care.

4 minutes ago, The Lad said:

One of the longest wolfpacks had congratulations.

Yeah and so you should have started in league one that's called playing by the rules.

I agree that wolfpack have done a lot, but when you have part time players, it causes problems. And as far as getting all the support all i hear on here is you lot going to clubs where they already get a big crowd so you are not going to the smaller clubs, and the wolfpack have played in front of small crowds before so they don't change the landscape off all the clubs like you are making out. And i know its not your job but dont make out like you are doing us all favour. 

As far as the basterd title I can not comment on the marital status of your parents when you where born.

But we are doing you a favour, were making rugby league an internationally recognized game, exposing it to new markets and trying to bring in big money to make it a bigger game than your mean evil twin.

4 minutes ago, The Lad said:

I think the problems is that in America and Canada full time teams and part time don't mix so it's hard for you to understand and I appreciate that, the problem with the free trip is it dose cost money the players have to have time off work so it costs them days wages.

And did I say Toronto wolfpack don't care? I don't think I did I said the RFL don't care.

Growing pains mate. If all goes according to plan we will earn a SL spot and it will be all behind you. We're in the same salary cap as you, we're following all the rules and trying to make it as positive as we can for all the teams. Don't know what else is expected. Sorry for being ambitious?

3 hours ago, The Lad said:

Really? I don't remember any economic paper at college referencing rugby league, im guessing that you read what I had to say about the matter and either agreed with what I say or don't have anything to come back with. 

I don't really mind talking you through the championship or summer bash and I can forgive your limated knowledge I mean as a wolfpack fan how long have you known about rugby league?, how long have you followed them 6 months?, then again that would make you there longest supporter

Totally agree with you yes, if you have the money you can beat anyone in their own sport, on their own field. Is it fair for the local historic teams? Maybe not, but on the other end who started to go full time professional in the rugby world?

So yeah, I didn't grow up in Eastern Australia nor in Northern England nor in Northern Catalonia, sorry for my limited knowledge in Rugby à XIII, excuse my french... but I fell in love with that sport the minute I watched my very first game. I still cannot believe that I have a pro rugby league team not too far from home and even if I'll hate the Wolfpack the minute we get a team in Montreal or Ottawa, I want them to succeed and I want that sport to grow everywhere around the world.

So stop whining will you? You should celebrate the success of your sport oversees. I would be so proud to see a pro team playing my local sport in a city of 5 million people, anywhere in the world.

Oh, kleenex are on special at Tesco...

E

10 hours ago, The Lad said:

Thats all great and i completely understand where you are coming from but if you look at it from our point of view, you had a full time  team that will win most of its games, Leigh London at home will be tough and Leigh, London and featherstone away will be tough that's it really so having all home games at the end on top seems a bit wrong and this is coming from a supporter of a club facing relegation from the championship not a title chance.

Last year it worked and although teams whent to Canada with some players missing Paul crook couldn't go to canada when you played Whitehaven for example it was more fair, you don't need any more advantageand with the RFL saying they want you in super league it fuels the fires that they don't care about small clubs like us.

Easy solution, put Wolfpack straight in to Super League.  

You need to understand the difference between equal and fair.  A competition is  fair, that doesn't necessarily mean it's equal.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:18 AM, Krzzystuff said:

But we are doing you a favour, were making rugby league an internationally recognized game, exposing it to new markets and trying to bring in big money to make it a bigger game than your mean evil twin

Like I said the wolfpack are doing good but it hurt rugby at the same time I know it can't all be good but to say we are doing you a favour is rubbish as no small club will benefit from you in the long term.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:22 AM, Krzzystuff said:

Growing pains mate. If all goes according to plan we will earn a SL spot and it will be all behind you. We're in the same salary cap as you, we're following all the rules and trying to make it as positive as we can for all the teams. Don't know what else is expected. Sorry for being ambitious?

You are not in the same salary cap as us, on paper you are but you can add to it and make it more to buy players and you and I know that last year you had more than 3 times the money on any clubs so yes you are in the same salary cap but don't try to say that we are on an even playing field, and while I dont have a problem with a team spending money dont try and hide behind the salary cap.

6 minutes ago, The Lad said:

Like I said the wolfpack are doing good but it hurt rugby at the same time I know it can't all be good but to say we are doing you a favour is rubbish as no small club will benefit from you in the long term.

You are not in the same salary cap as us, on paper you are but you can add to it and make it more to buy players and you and I know that last year you had more than 3 times the money on any clubs so yes you are in the same salary cap but don't try to say that we are on an even playing field, and while I dont have a problem with a team spending money dont try and hide behind the salary cap.

This is how Salary Caps actually work though, at least in NA where every sport minus Baseball operates with a Salary Cap.  There is a minimum and a maximum and teams spend within that threshold.  NHL salaries are tracked and can be found here:  

https://leftwinglock.com/salary-cap/

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:54 AM, manu266 said:

Totally agree with you yes, if you have the money you can beat anyone in their own sport, on their own field. Is it fair for the local historic teams? Maybe not,

Its not about the old teams its about the small ones.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:54 AM, manu266 said:

Maybe not, but on the other end who started to go full time professional in the rugby world?

Rugby league went through some changes in the 1990s with super league and  this was the real start of the professional era, rugby league was already professional but with TV deals and better wages a player could really live of the rugby, the rugby was also changed from a winter sport to a summer one.

Teams where  picked to be the first super league teams and although some of them are now in the championship, this was the shift and with there being no relegation  from super league for 5 years there was a massive gap  that is hard to combat but Leigh showed that with money it is possible.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, CanadianRugger said:

Easy solution, put Wolfpack straight in to Super League

No how can you justify that, teams like Leigh who have had to work on 5 year plans to get in and suddenly a team is just put in, that is not fair.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:41 AM, CanadianRugger said:

You need to understand the difference between equal and fair.  A competition is  fair, that doesn't necessarily mean it's equal

A competition needs to be fair everyone has a chance to get into the next league, but I agree it doesn't have to be equal. However you can't tell me beating teams 70-0 in front of 1,000 people is good for them or the sport. 

6 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

This is how Salary Caps actually work though, at least in NA where every sport minus Baseball operates with a Salary Cap.  There is a minimum and a maximum and teams spend within that threshold.  NHL salaries are tracked and can be found here:  

That might be how it works for that sport but here each team has a cap but a investor can put more in on top to get the team what they need.

Those clubs need to find investors then, the point I'm making is you have people that have money that want to invest in the professional game.  Professional being the key word.  Amateur clubs can't compete with Professional clubs nor should they be expected to.  The professional game should be separate from the amateur game.

We have a similar setup in Canada and the US with respect to Ice Hockey.  The NHL isn't the only professional hockey league in both countries.  You've actually got multiple layers of professional hockey in NA.

Top tier:  National Hockey League - large markets with million dollar salaries, and 20000 seat arenas with expensive tickets and merchandise.

NHL-realignment-map.png

Second tier: American Hockey League - mid level markets that draw thousands of fans per game with working level salaries.  Players make enough that they don't need to work in another job.  Teams also are affiliated with NHL teams (serve as farm/academies) for young talent.

ahl_2015-16.png?w=756

Third tier:  East Coast Hockey League, United Hockey League - smaller markets with players who are paid but probably need to find other employment, maybe get a couple of thousand a game on good days.  

2017-18-Team-Map-917.png

Lower Tier:  Southern Professional Hockey League - small market teams where players are professional but that means they get paid per game they play and probably get a case of beer and maybe free food and lodging.  One of my friends played in this league for year after College.  He got $500 per game, lived with four other guys on his team in an apartment provided by the team and got free beer.

sphl-map.png

Elite Amateur:  Senior Hockey (Allan Cup, Hardy Cup), University Hockey i.e. NCAA/CIS

Rugby is in desperate need of ring fencing.  My feeling is teams like Leigh, London, Bradford, Halifax, etc.  Should all be pushed in to an expanded Super League and the League should be ring fenced.  The whole everyone gets a crack at the big leagues, communist-egalitarian BS needs to stop.  It's completely unrealistic for a professional sport that already has a very limited market cachement.

With regard to playing 11 games away in a row, it will be interesting to see how that goes. Generally home teams have an advantage so if the WP have a poor run in those games, they will have to perform well for the 11 home games to catch up with the leading teams. On the other hand, if they win often away, then they will be well placed with the home matches coming later. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

For Canadian fans who want to go away for some summer weekends, I can see how a season ticket would be of no use, unless you gave it to a friend the times you were away. He may owe you a few beers for your generosity!!!;)

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

11 hours ago, RayCee said:

With regard to playing 11 games away in a row, it will be interesting to see how that goes. Generally home teams have an advantage so if the WP have a poor run in those games, they will have to perform well for the 11 home games to catch up with the leading teams. On the other hand, if they win often away, then they will be well placed with the home matches coming later. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

For Canadian fans who want to go away for some summer weekends, I can see how a season ticket would be of no use, unless you gave it to a friend the times you were away. He may owe you a few beers for your generosity!!!;)

Yes, the 11 away games could work either way. If they can win about 8 of them, they should be all set.  

51 minutes ago, ojx said:

The TWP are definitely going to get a lot of flak over it.

Apart from the visual of the draw.. 11 home games in a row, what difference does it really make.  I mean, its not like the visiting teams are away from home for 11 weeks, they will just each take their turn, travel play and then return to england or france.  There is no real advantage, its just perception.  If on the other hand we want to do the rugby league thing and grind new expansion into the ground until a team fails, go ahead and alternate TWP home away fixtures so they travel back and forth to england every week.  All that constant travel and expense should be a catalyst to drive expansion into the ground like other failed bids that got no support from rugby league traditionalists (ie administrators answerable to established clubs).  Posters up in arms because TWP stay at home for an 11 game run, meanwhile every game played on the M62 is essentially a home game for all involved.  Very little travel, sleep in your own bed every night, home comforts at fingertips even when playing away games.   Fans and administrators of M62 clubs in the NH and Sydney clubs in the SH are handbrakes to TGG fullfilling its potential every bit as much as the evil scourge of that other game.

1 hour ago, manu266 said:

On this week League Express, how to end rumours. The uncertainty is only for the first home game, however it should be played in Canada.

Wolfpack 06-11.jpg

Yeah but an unconfirmed source in a random forum or pub has stated that they are slowly transitioning to playing out of Manchester full time and Perez is taking all his money (Argyles is a ruse Perez is the money man) out and distancing himself from them because it turns out that the other SL owners aren't happy we have no away fans and won't let us in...where did Mr. Shaw get his info hmmmm???? Is it as reliable as the made up sources the M62 are quoting? I highly doubt it.

If they were going to play in Manchester, they would have started a team in Manchester.  All these rumours are complete BS.  The Wolfpack have serious backers in Toronto with actual financial clout that is far larger than anything presently in English Rugby League.

They are backed by the City of Toronto, CBC Sports, Air Transat, Cassels Brock (one of the largest law firms on Canada) to name but a few.  Perez has openly come out and said the money behind the Wolfpack is not his, he is the mouthpiece for the ownership group which consists of Argyle and other partners who wish to remain anonymous.  

9 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

If they were going to play in Manchester, they would have started a team in Manchester.  All these rumours are complete BS.  The Wolfpack have serious backers in Toronto with actual financial clout that is far larger than anything presently in English Rugby League.

They are backed by the City of Toronto, CBC Sports, Air Transat, Cassels Brock (one of the largest law firms on Canada) to name but a few.  Perez has openly come out and said the money behind the Wolfpack is not his, he is the mouthpiece for the ownership group which consists of Argyle and other partners who wish to remain anonymous.  

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. I think it is mainly wishful thinking on the part of some heartland fans.

Yeah they do like to make drama when it comes to TWP.

Downplay or ignore the existence of any good news and fabricate or completely blow our of proportion  anything negative no matter how trivial. Starting to wonder if the forums are actually full of teeny-bopper high school girls...is Parksider actually a 14 year old girl?

So season tickets guarantee a minimum of 10 home games for pre and post season meaning that 4 home games are potentially not going to be held in Toronto? 11 home games in reg season with min 3 in post season. They did state that all home games will be played in Canada so a few home games around the home of the next Canadian team perhaps?

Interesting, the League Express article said the uncertainty was only for the first home game, so it's 4, but all in Canada. Best scenario for me, 4 games in Montreal, but could be nice if they tour ON/QC (Hamilton, Kingston, Ottawa, Montreal).

19 May, playing Toulouse in Montreal, the 21st arrondissement of Paris, would be guarantee a big crowd, but could turn into an away game for TWP.

Archived