Regional leagues 2018

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Some historic names falling out of the NW there, particularly in Warrington 

Bank Quay haven’t had a proper team in for about three years now, they’re struggling as left it too late to have junior teams to have a production line

Rylands seems to be rebuilding from the bottom division after leaving he NCL last year

Theres a new team from Warrington, NW Tigers - based a mile down the road from Crosfields

Latchford turned out two teams today

Crosfields & Woolston are “as you were” from last year

12 hours ago, Spidey said:

Bank Quay haven’t had a proper team in for about three years now, they’re struggling as left it too late to have junior teams to have a production line

Rylands seems to be rebuilding from the bottom division after leaving he NCL last year

Theres a new team from Warrington, NW Tigers - based a mile down the road from Crosfields

Latchford turned out two teams today

Crosfields & Woolston are “as you were” from last year

What’s happened to Golborne? 

Shame we still can’t sustain RL in cities such as Preston, Blackburn and Burnley

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

What’s happened to Golborne? 

Shame we still can’t sustain RL in cities such as Preston, Blackburn and Burnley

Not sure, think they struggled going from Winter to Summer. 

Didnt really think of them as Warrington TBH

Just now, chuffer said:

nah, always saw golborne as a Wigan team when we were kids, so will they be playing winter instead or can they not field any sort of open age team at the moment?

There’s no winter competition in the North West anymore - so nowhere to play. 

Think it’s 2 years since they’ve played now

30 minutes ago, chuffer said:

is that NW - north west Warrington tigers? I.e penketh/sankey area ?

Yes. They are playing out of Eagle RU, previously they’ve been in Westbrook & Sankey High. Only played friendlies last year or so but in Division Five now 

Looks like Reading Raiders have raised enough money on crowdfunding to compete in the West of England division this year. It was in doubt after a sponsor pulled out and they thought they might have to fall back on the London Merit League 

Now confirmed, East Rugby League Premiership teams for 2018 season -

St Albans Centurions

St Ives Roosters

Bedford Tigers

North Herts Crusaders

Brentwood Eels

Milton Keynes Wolves

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

1 hour ago, Exiled Townie said:

Now confirmed, East Rugby League Premiership teams for 2018 season -

St Albans Centurions

St Ives Roosters

Bedford Tigers

North Herts Crusaders

Brentwood Eels

Milton Keynes Wolves

Same amount of teams as the Hull and District league (not 100% on that)

On 13/03/2018 at 2:32 PM, henage said:

Same amount of teams as the Hull and District league (not 100% on that)

Hull and District will be lucky to survive at one time there were six divisions in Hull alone, politics, stubbiness, down right bad decisions have ruined the game at all levels

i think all the staff who took the game down the magical mystery tour are no longer employed by the RFL isn’t that a coincidence 

To be fair is dis-heartening reading most of the stuff on here most teams scratting about for players

3 hours ago, bbfaz said:

What does Div 1 look like?

Can't confirm for definite, but I believe it is

Luton Vipers

Kings Lyn Black Knights

Cambridge Lions 

Hemel Stags

(But I stand to be corrected).

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

2 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Hull and District will be lucky to survive at one time there were six divisions in Hull alone, politics, stubbiness, down right bad decisions have ruined the game at all levels

i think all the staff who took the game down the magical mystery tour are no longer employed by the RFL isn’t that a coincidence 

To be fair is dis-heartening reading most of the stuff on here most teams scratting about for players

Do you think clubs(nearly all) not having any decent facilities is a problem in Hull .

Just looked in the HDM rugby union , Beverley especially have pictures/reports across three pages , league zero . Pro teams get good coverage but amateur is near invisible . Like you say Dis - Heartening   

2 hours ago, Exiled Townie said:

Can't confirm for definite, but I believe it is

Luton Vipers

Kings Lyn Black Knights

Cambridge Lions 

Hemel Stags

(But I stand to be corrected).

Cambridge are definitely dead.

13 hours ago, henage said:

Do you think clubs(nearly all) not having any decent facilities is a problem in Hull .

Just looked in the HDM rugby union , Beverley especially have pictures/reports across three pages , league zero . Pro teams get good coverage but amateur is near invisible . Like you say Dis - Heartening   

It won’t help, there is no money in the sport so if you cannot generate your own money your on a hiding to nothing, I would ask if these clubs keep money generated except the odd bus stop and fund raiser 

West Hull play from a community centre due to the demise of Winter Rugby they took a football team on board , to keep the tills running

East Hull think OA pitch is council owned youth play from a school they go back to a labour club

Skirlaugh play from East side which was BP sports club

Dockers play on east park and go back to the labour club

Myton play from Marist Sporting club, the pitches are leased from the university. Bit of difference Myton share this with Marist RU they also get no revenue from the bar but recently they did a raffle £10k was the donated prize off the RU, Marist RU have one Team and no youth, Myton are happy to raffle a donated bottle of wine.

Beverley play from a council park pitch and go back to a pub

Hull Wyke have just had some lottery funding their pitch is council owned but the club house theirs I have not visited as I don’t think finished 

Cottingham have decent facilities but share with Football and Cricket not sure who is the land lord funny since the demise of Winter Rugby they have youth but no open age

NHK, Three Tuns, Lambwath, Brownies, Reckitts about all that is left of the Hull teams not mentioned above all play on council owned pitches and go back to a pub

During my travels all areas Cumbria, Lancashire, Yorkshire even if not theirs they advertise as if their own, for instance Lock Lane, Hunslet Parkside play from a sports centre but seem to have taken them over with advertising their own brand

In the area Hullensians, Ionians, Hornsea, Bridlington, Driffield, Malton, Hessle, Goole RU all have their own facilities

20 minutes ago, Defender1 said:

It won’t help, there is no money in the sport so if you cannot generate your own money your on a hiding to nothing, I would ask if these clubs keep money generated except the odd bus stop and fund raiser 

West Hull play from a community centre due to the demise of Winter Rugby they took a football team on board , to keep the tills running

East Hull think OA pitch is council owned youth play from a school they go back to a labour club

Skirlaugh play from East side which was BP sports club

Dockers play on east park and go back to the labour club

Myton play from Marist Sporting club, the pitches are leased from the university. Bit of difference Myton share this with Marist RU they also get no revenue from the bar but recently they did a raffle £10k was the donated prize off the RU, Marist RU have one Team and no youth, Myton are happy to raffle a donated bottle of wine.

Beverley play from a council park pitch and go back to a pub

Hull Wyke have just had some lottery funding their pitch is council owned but the club house theirs I have not visited as I don’t think finished 

Cottingham have decent facilities but share with Football and Cricket not sure who is the land lord funny since the demise of Winter Rugby they have youth but no open age

NHK, Three Tuns, Lambwath, Brownies, Reckitts about all that is left of the Hull teams not mentioned above all play on council owned pitches and go back to a pub

During my travels all areas Cumbria, Lancashire, Yorkshire even if not theirs they advertise as if their own, for instance Lock Lane, Hunslet Parkside play from a sports centre but seem to have taken them over with advertising their own brand

In the area Hullensians, Ionians, Hornsea, Bridlington, Driffield, Malton, Hessle, Goole RU all have their own facilities

Strange set up for Myton . Hull Dockers have had the rug pulled from under them over the years , Pelican sports ground is one example . Makes me want to weep when I cycle passed the old Reckitts sports facility . Rugby pitches/football/hockey/crown green bowls/grass tennis courts , netball , club/changing rooms now next to nothing . No joined up thinking from anyone never mind Hull and District .

I think its a good idea if you can get different sports using a facility , opens up grants/charities etc . In the main pie in the sky .

Archived