Regional leagues 2018

Your right about Reckitts best sports ground in Hull in its day all finals were played there, County Road would have been good for Wyke with the old Ideal clubhouse but now Hull FC have it bit of a waste really there is never anyone on it.

i was told part of the deal to build on Reckitts was to have a sports pitch Lambwath were going to move there not sure where that went

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Your right about Reckitts best sports ground in Hull in its day all finals were played there, County Road would have been good for Wyke with the old Ideal clubhouse but now Hull FC have it bit of a waste really there is never anyone on it.

i was told part of the deal to build on Reckitts was to have a sports pitch Lambwath were going to move there not sure where that went

On 3/15/2018 at 4:28 PM, Defender1 said:

Lambwath refused to use the pitch (something to do with the pitch is to close to the drain i've been told) the pitch is now used by Hull masters rlfc and there is also a football pitch on site, nice changing rooms and a little kitchen area as well

Really , sports ground makes way for multi million pound housing development (estate) .

One rugby pitch and one football pitch , thats a fantastic outcome . 

Thats not taking into account the loss of another open space , within the city boundary .

On 15/03/2018 at 8:15 AM, bowes said:

There's a new club in Southend but I don't know for definite if they're in the league. 

Everything on their website would suggest thunderbirds are go.

15 hours ago, henage said:

Really , sports ground makes way for multi million pound housing development (estate) .

One rugby pitch and one football pitch , thats a fantastic outcome . 

Thats not taking into account the loss of another open space , within the city boundary .

Could have been worse, no clause no Rugby and Football pitch not many projects build sports facilities and don’t forget the state it got in when Reckitts pulled away

Could have been , no doubt about it . Hull City Planning Department could have put pressure on Hull Brewery who owned the land (not 100% on that ) to keep on top of the facility . Why should they as the owners only ever wanted one outcome for the site . To call it Planning is a big joke , nothing is planned with any joined up thinking . Mr Reckitt would turn in his grave if he could see the facilities now .  

13 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Really? You actually went there? ;)

Have you ever said anything and wondered why because it's nothing like how you would actually speak?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2018 at 3:46 PM, bowes said:

East Division 1:

Luton Vipers

Hemel Stags B

Bedford Tigers A

North Hertfordshire Knights (A team for the Crusaders)

Didn’t think Kings Lynn would make it to the start. Brexit and immigration changes have really hurt the club - the Dunn’s i.e. coaching team, may well have to leave the country due to a large hike in visa charges.

56 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Didn’t think Kings Lynn would make it to the start. Brexit and immigration changes have really hurt the club - the Dunn’s i.e. coaching team, may well have to leave the country due to a large hike in visa charges.

Could you elaborate?  You've piqued my curiosity!  

The St George and Dragons Cup - 1st Leg

Cardiff Blue Dragons 28-28 Swindon St George 

A good first run out for SSG from what I saw in the 1st half. I left at H/T to go surfing. 

2nd Leg on Sunday 22 April 

Next pre-season game for SSG

Wednesday 18 April at 7pm

Swindon St George v REME 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, bowes said:

There's a new club in Southend but I don't know for definite if they're in the league. 

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, henage said:

Could have been , no doubt about it . Hull City Planning Department could have put pressure on Hull Brewery who owned the land (not 100% on that ) to keep on top of the facility . Why should they as the owners only ever wanted one outcome for the site . To call it Planning is a big joke , nothing is planned with any joined up thinking . Mr Reckitt would turn in his grave if he could see the facilities now .  

I've played on the Reckets ground a few times, I remember our secretary jumping in the shower first and getting an electric shock.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, Defender1 said:

It won’t help, there is no money in the sport so if you cannot generate your own money your on a hiding to nothing, I would ask if these clubs keep money generated except the odd bus stop and fund raiser 

West Hull play from a community centre due to the demise of Winter Rugby they took a football team on board , to keep the tills running

East Hull think OA pitch is council owned youth play from a school they go back to a labour club

Skirlaugh play from East side which was BP sports club

Dockers play on east park and go back to the labour club

Myton play from Marist Sporting club, the pitches are leased from the university. Bit of difference Myton share this with Marist RU they also get no revenue from the bar but recently they did a raffle £10k was the donated prize off the RU, Marist RU have one Team and no youth, Myton are happy to raffle a donated bottle of wine.

Beverley play from a council park pitch and go back to a pub

Hull Wyke have just had some lottery funding their pitch is council owned but the club house theirs I have not visited as I don’t think finished 

Cottingham have decent facilities but share with Football and Cricket not sure who is the land lord funny since the demise of Winter Rugby they have youth but no open age

NHK, Three Tuns, Lambwath, Brownies, Reckitts about all that is left of the Hull teams not mentioned above all play on council owned pitches and go back to a pub

During my travels all areas Cumbria, Lancashire, Yorkshire even if not theirs they advertise as if their own, for instance Lock Lane, Hunslet Parkside play from a sports centre but seem to have taken them over with advertising their own brand

In the area Hullensians, Ionians, Hornsea, Bridlington, Driffield, Malton, Hessle, Goole RU all have their own facilities

When I first played in the Hull league a few teams never even had a pub to go back to, we used to take them back to Rayners on Hessle Road, the landlord used to be the landlord of the pub we played out of in Moorends.

jamesnoonancupwinners-1.jpg

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived