Regional leagues 2018

Sad to see Bristol struggling.  They were very forward thinking and very much a model club back in the day.  

Hope things can be turned around.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, West Country Eagle said:

Well, as far as I understand players (some who joined the All Golds, some who turned them down) were offered various incentives including playing at a higher level next season. One coach in the region with good links there claims players told him they were being offered match fees and a "big bonus" for winning the West of England League. This may just be Chinese whispers and I can't vouch for its reliability, though this particular contact has a very good relationship with quite a few in the current All Golds squad.

Like I previously said, the Sonics problems were not wholly down to the re-emergence of the All Golds so they're not to blame for what has happened, but the way they've been operating played a part in tipping the club over the edge.

I wonder what higher level they’re thinking of? I doubt they’d get back into League 1 and the London League have already been burnt trying to expand to another region. Wales is a possibility 

13 hours ago, bowes said:

Could be an option actually, though not if they’re paying match fees 

That’s not a restriction. It’s an “open” league (I expect in practice it’s few and far between though)

13 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

West of England Results - Saturday 19 May

All Golds 70-6 Forest Bulldogs

What a surprise. See above.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

On 5/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, PaulF said:

The All Golds have plans

Screenshot_20180519-150012_Facebook.jpg

Do you think that they will fund schools and junior Rugby League in Bristol, since that's where a good chunk of their players started playing RL? In fact of those, most started in the Sonics juniors.

www.bristolsonics.com

1 hour ago, West Country Eagle said:

Do you think that they will fund schools and junior Rugby League in Bristol, since that's where a good chunk of their players started playing RL? In fact of those, most started in the Sonics juniors.

Send Lionel a message and ask him - he has a profile on here

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Send Lionel a message and ask him - he has a profile on here

I won't be doing that. If I wanted to speak to him I'd have called him last week.

www.bristolsonics.com

On 5/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Devon Sharks apply to fill the Sonics' void

https://twitter.com/devonsharks/status/998457452847861760?s=09

Any chance Cornish Rebels can join in too. Hear that they're hosting  a Dorset County Giants side down in Cornwall this Saturday.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

If it hadn’t been for the Midlands clubs accepting teams from the South West when there weren’t as many clubs there then I don’t think there’d be a game in the South West now. It does seem a lot of the older clubs have remembered that though 

Archived