Toronto Wolfpack

Blind side johnny

21 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Quite (I assume you mean Toulouse and Halifax btw). I raised this on the main forum but it didn't seem to be what was preoccupying people, perhaps understandably. But when there's a funding differential of £250-300k between finishing 4th and 5th, getting to play Toronto in the UK (especially for Fax, who will take enough spectators to make it feel like a home game) rather than flying across the Atlantic with all the disruptions that brings could conceivably be a difference maker.

That's right. Our top four aspirations might be seriously damaged by this. Seriously, the difference is enormous in terms of subsequent team preparation, costs, disruption to the workload of PT players etc. There will be a rolling grumble around May I predict.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Why are Toronto to play two games n England? Is there not another sports ground in Canada where they could play? If not they should play away games only until their pitch is ready.

They are playing all of their away games first - didn't you know? Apparently Lampourt won't be ready until early May, hence the reschedule. It would seem that there are no other suitable venues in their immediate vicinity (saying "anywhere in Canada" is a bit like saying we could play anywhere in W Europe).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

If Hamilton is supposedly keen on joining us, wonder why Toronto Wolfpack didn't contact the group there, the two cities are only about 70 miles apart? Then again, perhaps their stadium is not yet ready. 

Isn't there a school in Toronto who could lend them a sports pitch?

It worked for Sheffield.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

5 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

Isn't there a school in Toronto who could lend them a sports pitch?

It worked for Sheffield.

Toronto have supporters.

TWP, I can not believe the BS being posted here. Did your CEO not even think about where you would be playing your home games every season if elected to the RL? Up to now, if you read my past comments, I have supported your ambitions but you are now in danger of becoming a joke. Play your home games in the UK? Trying to get my head round that just makes me laugh. What a kick in the teeth for your support who I love for embracing RL. I could go on about why this is so wrong but i'll tell you this. 

If you get promotion, and I believe you have a good chance, the SL clubs won't stand for this for one minute. Why should they pay a fortune for buying/renting/agreeing long term leases/ etc for stadiums, when you can just choose where and when you want to play fixtures? 

It ain't gonna work and, if you want to be accepted, have your own ground and supporter base or you will be another failed franchise. Thing is, I think the TWP supporters would agree.

2 hours ago, TMF said:

TWP, I can not believe the BS being posted here. Did your CEO not even think about where you would be playing your home games every season if elected to the RL? Up to now, if you read my past comments, I have supported your ambitions but you are now in danger of becoming a joke. Play your home games in the UK? Trying to get my head round that just makes me laugh. What a kick in the teeth for your support who I love for embracing RL. I could go on about why this is so wrong but i'll tell you this. 

Hey...hey we are still basically brand new...cut us some slack.  last year we had to workout somethings too but they have been corrected and so will this so it doesn't happen again in the future.  This is a very steep learning curve but we have rolled up our sleeves and are determined to have at it, and we are, as they say in Texas: ALL IN!

The fans are fully behind the team and really this is being blown out of perspective, its a one off.  We are learning, doing the best we can.

2 hours ago, TMF said:

If you get promotion, and I believe you have a good chance, the SL clubs won't stand for this for one minute. Why should they pay a fortune for buying/renting/agreeing long term leases/ etc for stadiums, when you can just choose where and when you want to play fixtures?

We are not looking for trouble with anyone,and as previously stated, its a one off so if we get promoted the entire issue is moot.  If we don't get promoted, its a one off, so the issue is still moot.

2 hours ago, TMF said:

It ain't gonna work and, if you want to be accepted, have your own ground and supporter base or you will be another failed franchise. Thing is, I think the TWP supporters would agree.

It has worked, is working, and will work in the future!...Things are really working out here..be positive...looking for many sell outs or close to it this year...real positive feel on this end...SUCCESS is our GOAL!

Now I know  some have accused me of shamelessly promoting the Toronto Wolfpack, but honestly, how could they ever get such an idea???????

IMG_0549.jpg

On 15 December 2017 at 10:59 PM, Kayakman said:

When you go across on the ferry there are only two places...Sechelt and Gibsons...one road connects them; the Beachcombers was filmed in both but mainly Gibsons...I've eaten at Mollys!...my family owns property in Sechelt...so ya I know it! There are all kinds of people over there that are just like Bruno and Relic!   Generally speaking people either love it or hate it there (I love it).   Probably might move there for retirement some day but gotta talk the wife into it...its a long way from where I live now.  SEA KAYAKING THERE IS SECOND TO NONE AND THATS A FACT!

I don't know anything about Dewsbury but I'm sure I would like it there...I bet they got good beer!

The game is progressing well and the upcoming season is important...last year was great and there is alot of positive energy on this side of the Atlantic...you folks have got to quit worrying over there...expansion can work well over here but it needs to be well planned out with proper benchmarks...we can't get ahead of ourselves.   Being locked into the English League is important for this success (I really don't think it would happen without it).  In the long term/short term I think it brings alot of money, positive energy and opportunities to everyone involved...great chance for the explosive growth so many have waited so long for.

I don't feel that there is any threat from NA expansion for any of the clubs over there...some have problems but these are not caused because of NA expansion...don't you see it?... many of the problems could be solved by NA success!  Its not a process of exclusion but rather inclusion!

The only thing that really troubles me is that many in Rugby League seem to have an inferiority complex or something that folks think doom and gloom is just around the corner (I've researched the history and understand the past failures)...its sort of funny but serious too...

A new dawn is here, a new day for rugby league.  Throw off this negative energy and feel the warmth of the rising sun...this is our time to shine!

100% League, 0% Union (where the hell do I get one of these shirts!)

Kayakman Out

I used to work with a guy who emigrated to Canada. I think he moved to Hamilton to work for Goodyear or Firestone, one of those tyre companies. He met and married a Canadian girl. When they came over here on a fortnight or so's holiday to visit his family she refused to go back to Canada unless he agreed that they would move back to the UK !

If the night life is better in Rochdale than Hamilton I feel really sorry for the inhabitants of Hamilton.

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I used to work with a guy who emigrated to Canada. I think he moved to Hamilton to work for Goodyear or Firestone, one of those tyre companies. He met and married a Canadian girl. When they came over here on a fortnight or so's holiday to visit his family she refused to go back to Canada unless he agreed that they would move back to the UK !

If the night life is better in Rochdale than Hamilton I feel really sorry for the inhabitants of Hamilton.

Hamilton has come a long way but there was a time!..it was alot like Pittsburgh in the States and suffered during the economic downturn of the 1970's (a steel mill town)...things have changed and its not like that anymore and is actually growing and is very vibrant and  full of life.  The city is certainly on the rise.  What a great place to put an expansion team.

The inhabitants of Hamilton are doing very well thank you very much!

I'm sure that Rochdale is nice and the people are friendly...I'm sure that Rochdale is alot like Rosedale over here.

All the best,

Signed,

The Pack Is Back

A quick question for Kayakman: why is Eric Perez so silent now after his great PR stints last year? Is he no longer associated with the club?

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Hamilton has come a long way but there was a time!..it was alot like Pittsburgh in the States and suffered during the economic downturn of the 1970's (a steel mill town)...things have changed and its not like that anymore and is actually growing and is very vibrant and  full of life.  The city is certainly on the rise.  What a great place to put an expansion team.

The inhabitants of Hamilton are doing very well thank you very much!

I'm sure that Rochdale is nice and the people are friendly...I'm sure that Rochdale is alot like Rosedale over here.

All the best,

Signed,

The Pack Is Back

Don't let them get you down Kayakman...I find it hard to believe that there are any places in Canada that can beat the glamour and beauty of Batley, Fev, Dewsbury, Rochdale (I could go on..) NOT...

If you ever get the chance to come over, spend some time in all four and Hamilton will seem like paradise..

I'm actually  coming over for some games with my cousin.

I've always found that it is the people who make a place special...sometimes architecture but usually the people...and I am sure that the people in all these  places (even including Hamilton) are nice folks.

All the best in the New Year! (and for the love of God lets try to stay positive in the new year).

19 hours ago, TMF said:

The ground is probably getting ready for Super League at this moment in time. Toulouse probably as well???

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

A quick question for Kayakman: why is Eric Perez so silent now after his great PR stints last year? Is he no longer associated with the club?

He has been quiet...I believe he is working on the other bids with the various bidding groups......wants to make sure things are done right. I don't know if anything else is going on but I haven't caught wind of anything.  Doesn't mean things aren't happening behind the scenes though.

I have heard nothing that would make me believe he is no longer associated with the club.  I do know  things are going well at head office and it all appears to be good on this end.   Moving forward over here and the stuff about the field is a non issue for the vast majority of the fan base.

Merry Christmas to all Dewsbury Rams supporters

TORONTO WOLFPACK V DEWSBURY RAMS Saturday 16 June 2018

You are all aware of Packages via Canadian Affair which is the tour operating arm of Air Transat and directly linked to the Wolfpack. You may have all signed up to their fans deals.

There is another way!

NOT JUST TRAVEL is a company run by passionate rugby league fans and operates solely for the Championship Clubs. The heart and soul of rugby league runs through us and we have the best value packages available for you for this amazing fixture.

i HAVE ALREADY PLACED SOME OF YOUR FANS IN OUR PACKAGES

All based on 2 adults sharing

Double Twin or Triple Rooms available, Group requests available, Niagara Falls add on available, transfers available.

3 Night Package - Return flights from Manchester, baggage included with Air Canada, Hotel Holiday Inn  Downtown Toronto £537.00pp

4 Night Package - Return flights with Air Transat from Manchester, baggage included, Hotel Holiday Inn Down town Centre £672.00pp

5 Night Package - Return flights with Air Transat from Manchester, baggage included, Hotel Holiday Inn Downtown Centre £from £700.00pp

7 Night Package - Return flights with Air Transat from Manchester, baggage included, Holiday Inn Down town Toronto

£880.00pp

THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE 3 NIGHTS NEW YORK/4 NIGHTS TORONTO

3 Nights New York, All flights with British Airways from Manchester, baggage included. New York hotel Wyndham New Yorker with airport transfers. Toronto Holiday Inn Downtown Centre from £935.00pp

All prices are live and subject to availability but honestly remember there is another way to book your rugby league travel and other holidays. It is the NOT JUST TRAVEL WAY.

Get in touch

Daniel.dobranski@notjusttravel.com / Like and share my FB page Not Just Travel/ Daniel Dobranski

Tel 07860631976

Archived