Will Maher

Monologue

Dont rate him. Looked the business but ran as hard as toothill, applegarth, Brennan, Simpson, Jarrett, potter etc. One good carry for 10 very ordinary hit ups

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

8 hours ago, Tony F said:

A poor player. Very poor indeed. 

Yeah a bust sternum can do that to you I belive. Thought he looked ok but no Keegan H

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

to be fair to fella he was a bit green when he came,looked the part and am sure he will be fine with plenty of game time,seemed to run well with ball in hand but dropped too many balls and tackling was suspect as he were wrong footed too easy..hope he kicks on for fax but will be hard to get in that squad am sure.

58 minutes ago, silverback said:

to be fair to fella he was a bit green when he came,looked the part and am sure he will be fine with plenty of game time,seemed to run well with ball in hand but dropped too many balls and tackling was suspect as he were wrong footed too easy..hope he kicks on for fax but will be hard to get in that squad am sure.

We are lacking in the front row to be fair so the move makes sense. I would just rather it had been Brandon Douglas instead.

Who else did you guys get on DR? Anyone good? It sounds like we might end up with Hitchcox and Trueman did they turn out for you?

34 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

We are lacking in the front row to be fair so the move makes sense. I would just rather it had been Brandon Douglas instead.

Who else did you guys get on DR? Anyone good? It sounds like we might end up with Hitchcox and Trueman did they turn out for you?

hitchcock had a few run outs and showed some quality at times,looked to have come on well at end a season for cas.we could a done with keeping holmes for the last games but wernt to be.minnikin were brill  season before for us and a cracking bloke too off pitch.he even came to our games as a fan when he had played for cas same week.

6 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Yeah a bust sternum can do that to you I belive. Thought he looked ok but no Keegan H

I suspect that he is better than Keegan was at the same stage of his career.  Like you I thought that he did ok for us.  I think that he will continue to improve.

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

What's happening with Brandon Douglas? I'd have him back at Rams.

5 hours ago, Bi11 said:

I suspect that he is better than Keegan was at the same stage of his career.  Like you I thought that he did ok for us.  I think that he will continue to improve.

I think this is fair! He is a young man playing in a tough position in a tough division. We got him at the very beginning of his professional career, and l am sure he will improve! If a coach as good as Powell rates him, then l think he is doing ok.

We've brought in the lad from Whitehaven to bulk up the front row. Have You Tubes a game or 2 of theirs and he's a handy lad. Better training and coaching should see him right with us. 6ft 4 isn't to be laughed at and has a similar physique to Coal Train Taylor so am looking for the odd explosion. Young Farrell should start at 6 first up, he'll be great for us.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:59 PM, graham fisher said:

What's happening with Brandon Douglas? I'd have him back at Rams.

Ive not heard anything but would have him back as he went well for us when he played. I guess it depends how much Cas are asking for him for us to take him on loan as theres not much money in the pot by all accounts unlike our rivals Fev who are about to be fleeced for an extra few grand for Mcnally when they thought they had him in the bag at a lot less.

55 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive not heard anything but would have him back as he went well for us when he played. I guess it depends how much Cas are asking for him for us to take him on loan as theres not much money in the pot by all accounts unlike our rivals Fev who are about to be fleeced for an extra few grand for Mcnally when they thought they had him in the bag at a lot less.

Cheers mate.yeah that's what I heard as well with McNally ?

8 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not the first time Campbell has been taken for a fool by agents :)

U dont mind paying a few extra grand for a ridyard or mcnally, both proven top quality championship players, if the agent isnt trying for a few extra quid hes not doing his job. Bet the Halifax Tigers would love to be in for players of their quality?.

Are agents on Commission?.....or paid a fixed sum by players?.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

13 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

U dont mind paying a few extra grand for a ridyard or mcnally, both proven top quality championship players, if the agent isnt trying for a few extra quid hes not doing his job. Bet the Halifax Tigers would love to be in for players of their quality?.

Terrible isn't it Gaz. That Campbell fella spending a wad on a decent player... ???

6 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Terrible isn't it Gaz. That Campbell fella spending a wad on a decent player... ???

Yes mate as ive said on the fev forum. We can afford to spend quite a lot more than fax, owning our own ground and training facilities, not to mention our attendances have been quite a lot higher than theirs what ive seen this season. Going to be the toughest championship this season to get in the top 4, players of mcnally and ridyards quality are few and far between, at this level. So youve got to be prepared to pay for them.

14 hours ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

I prefer Halifax Tigers to Halifax Red Devils to be fair. I think Castlefax rolls off the tongue a bit easier though. But yeah I would love Fax to be in for those sort of players but our board have no intention of putting the clubs future at risk by overspending. Ive actually mixed views on that because on one hand you know the club is paying the bills but you don't get the excitement of big signings or you go the Campbell way of speculating to accumulate and hoping it comes off. I was more than happy with that approach in the 80's and if it meant a chance of success I would be more than happy with it again.

Archived