NEWS | Tom Carr leaves Dons

Dons News

Full back Tom Carr is to be released from the final year of his Dons contract due to personal reasons.

The 26-year-old has been with the club since 2014 and had a year remaining on his current deal, but has been granted an early release at his own request.

Carr said: “I’d like to thank the club for all they have done for me since I came here, it’s been a great club to work for and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it.

“I’ll be coming to games as often as I can to cheer on the lads and I believe the players and staff are capable of producing a strong season in 2018.”

Chief executive Carl Hall said: “Tom came to me about a few family issues which would have an impact on him and his ability to commit to training so we decided the best course of action was to grant him a release.

“Our clubs stance has always been to put family first, we wish him all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts during his time with the Dons.”

View the full article

Archived