How many more?

bomberisgod

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, millomite said:

Hock seems doubtful, he left Leigh to finish his career in Super League.

Liam Harrison is training with a view to a pay-as-you-play deal

Young Millom forward who trialled with Barrow last season is also training with Town

I think he’d be already signed up by now if he was staying at super league. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

15 minutes ago, wonky said:

I think he’d be already signed up by now if he was staying at super league. 

maybe he is waiting for a top championship club nearer home and more money , he has no need to rush things if he knows town will take him if nothing else materialises .

18 hours ago, wonky said:

I agree with you on he can’t be continuously used as a battering ram against men twice his size, I would hope him and Tom are both used in the 2nd row/loose forward positions this year. We have Oliver, Ryan and Dawson who are all bigger props and hopefully with 1 more to come in (possibly hock, who knows) then it takes pressure off them 2 lads who give everything wherever they play  

I'm not questioning his ability to match teams at prop. I'm thinking that now we have a few bigger lads through the door, it isn' a necessity he plays there every week. And to get more minutes on the pitch out of him, which he is capable of, a switch to loose might work?

1 hour ago, wonky said:

No ones saying he can’t hold his own, but running and tackling against other back rowers would keep him on the pitch longer and not take its toll on his body in the long run

34 minutes ago, townie88 said:

I'm not questioning his ability to match teams at prop. I'm thinking that now we have a few bigger lads through the door, it isn' a necessity he plays there every week. And to get more minutes on the pitch out of him, which he is capable of, a switch to loose might work?

Stevie is a prop and a very good one at that with a good engine... that is his job... bigger lads aren't always necessarily better... players want to play EVERY week.... loose, nowadays, is just a 3rd prop a used by most teams so that move is just the same as him playing prop. You can't just move a prop to 2nd row just to get more minutes...??

1 hour ago, oldrake9 said:

Stevie is a prop and a very good one at that with a good engine... that is his job... bigger lads aren't always necessarily better... players want to play EVERY week.... loose, nowadays, is just a 3rd prop a used by most teams so that move is just the same as him playing prop. You can't just move a prop to 2nd row just to get more minutes...??

So your saying stevie couldn’t play 2nd row? 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

40 minutes ago, oldrake9 said:

Didn't say that....just saying he's doing a bloody good job at prop!

On 30/11/2017 at 8:14 PM, Anonymouse said:

What about Kurt Maudling at loose ? he looks a unit but also athletic .

I've seen kurt in previous years for both Hensingham and St Benedicts. I feel that at this level he may just lack the fire and agression, especially coming up against big hard running and hard hitting players. 

Archived