• Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jace said:

I'm certain there some England fans sweating about the prospect of this match.

Haven't seen much evidence of that on here. General view is that PNG struggled at home against Ireland and have most of their team from the QLD Cup runners up. Might have been different if it had been in Moresby.

3 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Have we shot ourselves in the foot by Widdop becoming a huge success at full back last week .Kevin Brown will go o.k. against Papua New Guinea and Tonga , but do we really see him causing Australia any bother ?What i`m saying is will we stick with this half back combo with Widdop at full back or are we still searching for the ideal mix ? 

To be fair Widdop was hardly amazing against Australia at 6 in game one and from FB chinking into the line he gives us extra threat with ball in hand, which will be a big help as Bateman is so one dimensional down the left.

Brown has his faults but so does Gale going off the first few games of this WC. We need both to find their very best form from now on, nothing less will cut it.

6 hours ago, Jace said:

I'm certain there some England fans sweating about the prospect of this match. It could go either way however this PNG side are untested away from home so I think England should edge it

Not sure how many of the PNG team ply their trade in the top tier league in either the UK or Australia but I don't think it is a high proportion.  This step up for them is significant.

No way of knowing of course but I suspect Ireland would have won if they had played the game away from Port Moresby.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

England will win this comfortably and I think this is just about our most effective line up. Questions over Bateman but I have questions over percival at this level too. Sam in the back row gives us an added dimension on the edge and he can move into the middle when Currie comes on.

PNG will ramp up I'm sure but they dont have enough quality and structure across the team to trouble England.I would question whether they have the mentality to beat England as well. Hope its a tough run out though and its could we are talking about it as a competitive QF.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

34 minutes ago, jim_57 said:

I don't think it will be anywhere near as easy as some on here seem to think for England. They should get the job done but PNG are definitely an outside chance I think, remains to be seen how they step up.

I think it should be a good game.

Both teams are better than they were in 2008 but it was a competitive match.

If you chalk off England's try from an obvious forward pass it was a close game.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

15 minutes ago, Allora said:

I think it should be a good game.

Both teams are better than they were in 2008 but it was a competitive match.

If you chalk off England's try from an obvious forward pass it was a close game.

England were absolutely crass in that game in 2008, play to a structure keep the ball alive ala first 30 v France and they will blow PNG away...................... but this is England RL we are talking about, consistency in performance has eluded them for over 40 years, we can not be sure of the nature of the beast that takes to the field until the game starts.

41 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

England were absolutely crass in that game in 2008, play to a structure keep the ball alive ala first 30 v France and they will blow PNG away...................... but this is England RL we are talking about, consistency in performance has eluded them for over 40 years, we can not be sure of the nature of the beast that takes to the field until the game starts.

England by 10-16 points

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Should be 20 - 26 points.

It will depend how both teams play, the score should reflect what happens on the field.

On 17/11/2017 at 7:19 AM, Harry Stottle said:

If my memory serves me correct didn’t PNG have a try disallowed for a forward pass right near the end too?

3 hours ago, Copa said:

This might be the next big upset.

I have to admit i am a little more wary considering this mornings games.

England should have way too much though if they are close to being at it.not wanting to disrespect PNG but if we can't win this away from moresby then we deserve to be on the next plane home.

3 hours ago, Copa said:

This might be the next big upset.

Well, it's the next game so.. yes.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

24 minutes ago, SilentAssassin said:

England should have way too much though if they are close to being at it.not wanting to disrespect PNG 

I agree : wary but hopeful.

also excited and think I better set a alarm clock to be sure!

2 hours ago, SilentAssassin said:

England should have way too much though if they are close to being at it.not wanting to disrespect PNG but if we can't win this away from moresby then we deserve to be on the next plane home.

Why, what has this mornings game got to do with tomorrow's? 

I'm not anxious at all. I believe Eng will reach the final. 

If PNG or Tonga knock us out that will be a massive boost to those countries. 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Archived