Bradford Bulls.

Loiner

40 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Think john sharps the new coach or going to be before long. 

Jon Sharpe is an excellent coach.  He was very popular at Fev. His sudden departure has never been fully explained,

"Jon Sharpe, Jon Sharpe,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe,

'Es got no 'air,

We don't care,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe"

Was what the Fev fans used to chant.

I hope he does well for the Bulls, but not as well as Darryl has for Cas!  Fev seem to be good at letting talented coaches slip through their fingers.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Jon Sharpe is an excellent coach.  He was very popular at Fev. His sudden departure has never been fully explained,

"Jon Sharpe, Jon Sharpe,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe,

'Es got no 'air,

We don't care,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe"

I hope he does well for the Bulls, but not as well as Darryl has for Cas!  Fev seem to be good at letting talented coaches slip through their fingers.

Pure genius. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Toovey has packed it in the club announced this week, not sure what took so long as it was kind of obvious he wasn't staying.

The club has distanced itself from the Sharp talk according to the Yorkshire Post. 

Edit: If it's Sharp, then he obviously needs to e-mail the club and tell them about the "done deal" that has been reported. http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/50474/bulls-look-to-appoint-new-coach

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

"Jon Sharpe, Jon Sharpe,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe,

'Es got no 'air,

We don't care,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe"

Rice and Lloyd Webber had an off day there 

23 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Rice and Lloyd Webber had an off day there 

I don't know about that.

FWIW if you want to get the song lodged in your head, and for Bulls fans in 2018 if JS joins, the melody is from the chorus of that 70s (80s) hit "Hooray, hooray, it's a holi-holiday".

Pure class.

4 hours ago, Trojan said:

"Jon Sharpe, Jon Sharpe,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe,

'Es got no 'air,

We don't care,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe"

Used to sing that to him from the Threepenny stand at Boulevard when he played for Hull

1 minute ago, Mumby Magic said:

Applications now accepted for role. A week to get them in. Did a poll on the Banter FB page a couple of months ago with all likely candidates and Rohan Smith won hands down. I'd have him back in an instance.

The guy who was comprehensively out-coached, and succumbed to a 20-0 drubbing in the clubs most important game of the season by...hang on...wait for it... Jon Sharp?

Just saying...

8 hours ago, Amber Avenger said:

Toovey has packed it in the club announced this week, not sure what took so long as it was kind of obvious he wasn't staying.

The club has distanced itself from the Sharp talk according to the Yorkshire Post. 

Edit: If it's Sharp, then he obviously needs to e-mail the club and tell them about the "done deal" that has been reported. http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/50474/bulls-look-to-appoint-new-coach

Is Sharp waiting for his visa to be granted ?

10 hours ago, Trojan said:

"Jon Sharpe, Jon Sharpe,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe,

'Es got no 'air,

We don't care,

Jonny, Jonny Sharpe"

The hull fc fans chanted that years before he joined Featherstone. He said so himself in an interview in rugby league world.

33 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

The hull fc fans chanted that years before he joined Featherstone. He said so himself in an interview in rugby league world.

sigh

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I feel Bulls 4.0 seem to be doing a cracking job of keeping onside that - still-sizeable - group of uber-supporters?  Those who will support the club (any incarnation of it) and its actions through thick and thin.

But, in my view they are not making anything like as good a job of reassuring and re-motivating the much larger group (I believe) who have been fooled, lied to or just plain led by owners who were fooling themselves once too often?  A group I am a member of.

This latest apparent debacle (whether it is or not is irrelevant - it gives the appearance of it) over the coaching position, and its timing, is just another case in point. The guys in charge may well be confident, and may well know what they are doing (which makes a pleasant change!) and may well be optimistic foir the future.  But I submit they are not exactly getting many of the rest of us to buy into it enough (yet..?).

Too many folk I know of remain cynical (unfairly or otherwise), and for them its still "...meet the new boss; same as the old boss. We won't get fooled again". I so wish the club could do more to dispel that cynicism.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

35 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

I feel Bulls 4.0 seem to be doing a cracking job of keeping onside that - still-sizeable - group of uber-supporters?  Those who will support the club (any incarnation of it) and its actions through thick and thin.

But, in my view they are not making anything like as good a job of reassuring and re-motivating the much larger group (I believe) who have been fooled, lied to or just plain led by owners who were fooling themselves once too often?  A group I am a member of.

This latest apparent debacle (whether it is or not is irrelevant - it gives the appearance of it) over the coaching position, and its timing, is just another case in point. The guys in charge may well be confident, and may well know what they are doing (which makes a pleasant change!) and may well be optimistic foir the future.  But I submit they are not exactly getting many of the rest of us to buy into it enough (yet..?).

Too many folk I know of remain cynical (unfairly or otherwise), and for them its still "...meet the new boss; same as the old boss. We won't get fooled again". I so wish the club could do more to dispel that cynicism.

I think that if the club, in its current iteration, is still going in three years most will then be convinced. 

As you're more than well aware Adey, we have been badly let down by a succession of incoming 'white knights' who turned out to be nothing of the sort. With that history, the current owners (from abroad, little money, no connection to the club) came in to an instant distrust and, whether they like it or not, it is their job to dispel that mistrust and to bring people onside.

But we've had nothing but intrigue, misinformation and rumour over the last five years and other than the misinformation becoming lack of information (which might, admittedly, be an improvement) nothing much has really changed. And, I say that as a supporter for over 60 years who belongs, pretty much, to your first group, if any. I'll be honest, I gave up going away towards the back end of last season and still haven't decided about this - other than I'll be getting a season ticket, I'd feel naked without one, to be honest.

Time is the only way for the owners to prove themselves. Like still being here in a few years.  We've had far too much self-serving talk and no action from previous people. Let's hope they can give the impression of knowing what they're doing (the coaching situation isn't helping) and make a better impression than they have so far.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

29 minutes ago, Viking Ste said:

As a former junior bull under the stewardship on Mr Noble and a young pottsy, I hope this is the year Bradford finally get back on their feet and back where they belong

I'm a Leeds fan who hates Bradford.

Superleague has not been the same since they left it. They belong at the top table of British Rugby. 

Archived