Women's WC - Match Thread

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I switched over to the Mens game and then dozed off at HT in that one.

wwc12.JPG.46a60e1e740e3e4a508fdc311a8d9141.JPG

Kiwi winger Honey Hireme scored 6 tries.

wwc13.JPG.eae3df7ce20cb85c71e8d6c4a1ab895f.JPG

So now we have:

2 wins: OZ, NZ

1 win: Canada, England

0 wins: Kukis, PNG

Jillaroos centre Isabelle Kelly has no case to answer on a biting allegation levelled against her in her team's comprehensive win over England on Sunday.

Kelly was placed on report by referee Todd Smith in the 38th minute of the 38-0 thumping of England was the only blemish for the home side winning its second World Cup match on the trot. On Sunday night, the match review panel found Kelly had no cse to answer.

At the time of the alleged incident, England forward Chantelle Crowl reacted by pulling her arm out quickly in a two-woman tackle on Kelly close to halftime. Crowl insisted she wanted to make a complaint when quizzed by referee Smith. The ground manager was called over to photograph her forearm.

Needless to say, the OZ Coach stated that biting wasn't Isabelle's style and "she's not like that." Just once I'd like to hear someone say, after a question about a biting allegation, "Yeah, well no surprises there. He's a real animal. He headbutted the bus driver on the way to the ground and pushed his grannie down a flight of stairs last week. This biting allegation is exactly what I'd expect and, frankly, I'm glad it was only biting. I was expecting him to kill someone today."

England have done it tough there. The Aussies were simply too fast with ball in hand. I'm hoping a shock to the system might help England bounce back. The Jillaroos look hot favourites to nail this trophy. Shows you what can happen if you start to prepare properly.

Archived