Town website

Ginock1

16 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

It was a privilege to watch Sammut, it was just a pity the coach didn't give him the set up of the team to exploit what we had in him. He had to produce off the cuff magic most of the time, instead of building our attacking moves around him. So for that reason alone I think it's very harsh to say the money he cost could have been better spent. 

It's always only hindsight that can tell if a player is worth it. The gamble in my opinion should always be taken, for every Fifita there is a chance it will be a Pickering, Mulligan or Sione. With Hock, he is box office wherever he goes, ultra talented but he has a dark side that makes him a gamble. I'd be amazed if we got him, but if there is a chance they have got to roll the dice as he could be the difference between a decent season and a run at promotion.

Wholeheartedly agree with every word of that Voodooguru great post.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Sammut is an example of it not delivering the desired effect when expectation ended in relegation .

Having him in the team made it far closer than it might have been and he also played a major part in, and was responsible for the winning kick, in possibly the most exciting match and finale I've ever seen

I dont disagree , he was good to watch and brought some excitement to a phase of what was a dull style of play , but in my view the long term is more important , its like putting  Vardy in the Workington reds team , crippling costs , loads of fun and excitement and a privalige to watch for Tenner but with no real progress made as a club moving forward . I'd rather have 3 solid signings in various positions and a team of similar strength and similar pay scale across the squad , it worked for Barrow .

9 minutes ago, westizbest said:

Mossop is a strange one .. seems like Leon isn't arsed either way ? 

He will be the only player remaining from when PV took over and I'd think easily on the highest salary , had an average season at best last season so maybe he and the club are reviewing their options going forward .

17 minutes ago, westizbest said:

Mossop is a strange one .. seems like Leon isn't arsed either way ? 

I agree tbh . Seems bizarre that one would take so long . If money is very tight I’d be looking to renew with someone else 

18 hours ago, town4me said:

Sorry kids but its your parents/guardians that leave the presents when your asleep on xmas eve.  I will believe the hock rumour when he is sat next to leon signing a contract while gary mck is saying to them "say cheese "

What a load rubbish whose that in dunmail park then if theres no santa?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Sorry,going off santa claus for a minute I have just read a post on the haven site regarding Jason mossop.The post go's onto say they reckon he will be announced tomorrow has signing for Whitehaven,what do you lads and lasses think or feel about losing Jason??PS:Santa lives in the north pole just outside of aspatria hehehe..... 

25 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Sorry,going off santa claus for a minute I have just read a post on the haven site regarding Jason mossop.The post go's onto say they reckon he will be announced tomorrow has signing for Whitehaven,what do you lads and lasses think or feel about losing Jason??PS:Santa lives in the north pole just outside of aspatria hehehe..... 

I’d think we’ve got better players off them than they’ve got off us 

Mossop has been a loyal servant to the club over the years, but last season he didn't do a lot for me on the pitch, and at times didn't look interested, I'm not just saying this because he is rumoured to be going to Haven, think it would be best if he moved on in my opinion 

41 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

it will mean a decent centre who's main position is centre to replace him will be needed , he has done a good job over the yrs but maybe time to move on .

Not much gets past you Mousey ! Yep- we need a centre who's main position is centre--- awesome deduction!  We have a wealth of LOCAL candidates who are waiting to fill Jason's boots. For the record I give due thanks to the guy for all the good things he did in a Town jumper-- rock solid in D and scored a few as well! Like some other stalwarts he frequently played crocked and if he's found another gig ,well good luck to him!  

p

4 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Not much gets past you Mousey ! Yep- we need a centre who's main position is centre--- awesome deduction!  We have a wealth of LOCAL candidates who are waiting to fill Jason's boots. For the record I give due thanks to the guy for all the good things he did in a Town jumper-- rock solid in D and scored a few as well! Like some other stalwarts he frequently played crocked and if he's found another gig ,well good luck to him!  

p

there are centres and there are utility backs who can fit in . A bonafide centre , big , quick , rough , tough and and good passing ability is what I meant ..

Archived