My starting 17

yck2017

Just been going through the player we have signed on and this would be my squad as things stand so far

Ash Robson /Ben Cockayne/Brad Hey/Adam Swift/Judah Mazive /Connor Robinson /Brad Delaney/Adam Robinson /Andy Ellis/Chris Siddons/Joe Batchelor/Sam Scott/Tim Spears/ Bench 

Joe Porter/Roan Dixon/Mike Kelly/Harry Carter         (unused )are Lewis Price,Roan Dixon,Harvey Kear,Jake Normington 

Fordy has some serious recruiting to do , a quality recognized stand off is  a priority in my book ,centres and wings  are looking under strength,  our only strength in depth is in the  second row,

had to include Adam Swift in my 13 as hes the only other recognized centre on our books so far but still out injured, i guess there's always D.R.  to fall back on,  hope i need to amend this soon

A number have expressed concern regarding an imbalance in the squad between backs and forwards. My concern lies with keeping the forward squad settled with limited game time for a number of these players. Also we have yet to see the DR players coming into the mix which will further worsen the situation if this includes even more forwards.

We've signed some great players so far and there's still 3 months until the season starts, some being potentially the best in that position that we've ever had. One of our best performers last year wasn't even heard about until about a quarter of the way in.

Players get injured, drop form, fall out with other clubs etc etc. The team you end the season with normally has at least 5 players you didn't start the season with, so anyone concerned with the make up of the playing squad now is worrying about nothing. 

As for dual reg players worsening the situation? We won't have players coming from Hull KR if we've got our own in that position playing well, if we need a half-back, they've got at least 4 who are better than we had last year from them. They can't all play for their parent club so we'll have a top quality half-back from them playing for us most weeks.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

16 hours ago, Silverlight said:

Whoever Hull KR supply to us at half back they will have to go some to perform better than Liam Harris.

Considering a coach like Tim Sheens let Harris go and retained the others, I expect whoever they send our way will go OK for us.

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

1 hour ago, Silverlight said:

Seeing Sheen was willing to let Harris go I would have liked him to come to York rather than Doncaster.

Me too, but he’d have taken a massive part of our playing budget. Why do that when we can have better from Hull KR and spend the money on several players like Horne, Cockayne, Scott etc. 

1 hour ago, Silverlight said:

Seeing Sheen was willing to let Harris go I would have liked him to come to York rather than Doncaster.

Silverlight

Sheen did not want to lose Harris he asked for a move ,Fordy how  ever reclined to make an approach

Harris isn't the first and won't be the last of the players that the fans wanted to sign but didn't end up doing so.

Like others in the past he will either do well for Donny or he won't.

There is no point in worrying about that now.

The future of the club is very very bright and that is what is needs to be focused on by the fans.

It has been said before on other threads, but we are in a better position than 12 months ago and look where we finished in 2017.

I am in no doubt that everyone at YKRLFC are ready and wanting to make the next step and things are either place or being finalised for that to happen.

12 hours ago, Silverlight said:

11 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Me too, but he’d have taken a massive part of our playing budget. Why do that when we can have better from Hull KR and spend the money on several players like Horne, Cockayne, Scott etc. 

As SH states, what would you prefer, youthfulness & potential or age & experience??

To me, you only have to look at some of the ex SL players that have been in this league over the last 10 years (both with us & other clubs) and you will appriciate that they have brought so much to the clubs.

As much as people hate (might be slightly tough word) them, but the March brothers were outstanding in this league with regards knowing when and where to do things in order to benefit their team.

You don't get this from a 17, 18, 19, 20 year old academy player.  They will bring enthusiasm but can they really get out of a hole when needed??

Well we've certainly got ourselves a very good pack of forwards that will hopefully dominate other teams forwards. Are we now going to rely on Hull KR for our number 6 and backs or possibly sign one or two more? Interesting times ahead and like many others have said, we are in a much, much better position than last season 

Archived