Stadium names in the WC

DiH68

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Slices of bread instead of a roll surely?

Ok, that explains it, well sort of. I had them served to me on a roll before...

If it is simply using sliced bread, why isn’t it called a chip sandwich? What makes a butty that isn’t a sandwich?

2 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Ok, that explains it, we’ll sort of. I had them served to me on a roll before...

If it is simply using sliced bread, why isn’t it called a chip sandwich? What makes a butty that isn’t a sandwich?

The real World

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

Ok, that explains it, well sort of. I had them served to me on a roll before...

Who on earth eats a chip sandwich?????

20 minutes ago, kiwi rhino said:

Bap 

Barm, you uncivilised Tyke (Kiwi) , barm, barm, barm, effin barm. 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Padge said:

Barm, you uncivilised Tyke (Kiwi) , barm, barm, barm, effin barm. 

Ha ha, I'll let you have Breadcake but Barm, no, never. Refused to say it in the chippy when I was at the glamorous University of Central Lancashire (I know, I should have worked harder at my A Levels). 

Bought myself a chip butty while drunk in Carlisle and it was fried carbohydrates mixed with baked carbohydrates.

Not healthy and if I ate a lot of them I’d probably get bowel cancer and all sorts of other ailments but boy was it tasty!

Only on a Totalrl forum can a thread about stadium sponsorship turn into whether or not you can get gravy at a KFC in the UK followed by a row about what chips between bread is called, all on the first page.

I worked in Coventry for a year or two and the local lads on site asked if I wanted anything from the chip shop. I asked for a chip butty....

What's that? was the reply.

Chips between bread I answered.

Oh, you want a batch?

No, only one.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 hours ago, kiwi rhino said:

Ha ha, I'll let you have Breadcake but Barm, no, never. Refused to say it in the chippy when I was at the glamorous University of Central Lancashire (I know, I should have worked harder at my A Levels). 

Thanks for insulting my wife who is a senior lecturer at UCLAN.

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Only on a Totalrl forum can a thread about stadium sponsorship turn into whether or not you can get gravy at a KFC in the UK followed by a row about what chips between bread is called, all on the first page.

I worked in Coventry for a year or two and the local lads on site asked if I wanted anything from the chip shop. I asked for a chip butty....

What's that? was the reply.

Chips between bread I answered.

Oh, you want a batch?

No, only one.

Batch in Cov, bap in Birmingham, cob by the time you get to Wolverhampton, the Black Country and Kidderminster. 

1 hour ago, iffleyox said:

Batch in Cov, bap in Birmingham, cob by the time you get to Wolverhampton, the Black Country and Kidderminster. 

No a Cob is hard and crusty , barm , followed either by the word cake or joe 

They still havent got babies yeds though , best combination with chips and gravy 

20 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

No a Cob is hard and crusty ,

not round the south Black Country it isn't - unless I and everyone I know has spent 37 years calling it the wrong thing. Which is, I suppose possible.... Round my way we have "beer and cob houses" and they don't have to be hard and crusty.

On 20/11/2017 at 12:16 PM, Southstander13 said:

I once got a chip teacake in Huddersfield! A teacake to me has currants in it!

My Mrs would be having a chip cob, but shes from the south (well......Nottingham!)

Whatever you call a breadcake, roll, cob etc is the quickest way to start an argument in the UK!

Teacake for butties, currant teacake as fruity as you like luv. Hebden Bridge, Mytholmroyd.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

Archived