“Rebel” rugby league World Cup planned for Pakistan (this isn’t a joke)

Copa

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bob8 said:

"We" did not.  

We played by the same rules.  We created a new sporting administration.

Either way, friendship should always be more important than sport.

Though of course union does not consider us a "sport" at all, and people still go to prison at their behest for trying to allow people to play our game. 

4 hours ago, Bob8 said:

"We" did not.  

We played by the same rules.  We created a new sporting administration.

Either way, friendship should always be more important than sport.

We quickly evolved into a new sport then!

And you better believe that if we didn't remove flankers from our game first union would have done it..they long to make their game quicker and more open but they can't...cos of flankers!

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Though of course union does not consider us a "sport" at all, and people still go to prison at their behest for trying to allow people to play our game. 

That's a fairly loose interpretation of what actually happened in the UAE extrapolated to include 'the world'. Why do you do it to yourselves?!

17 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Planning on a long stay in these parts? 

They rarely exhibit much in the way of subtlety or nuance©, do they?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

You Condone such things?

No, but SM wasn't put in a cell because he wanted to play RL. That would have happened in 2007 when he first organised a match if that were the case. He organised RL matches at long established RU clubs largely using RU players wearing RU kit!

His problem was two fold; he set up a representative side without getting the necessary approval, then he raised money from sponsors off the back of his position as head of the non-sanctioned body.

SM was probably more naive than dodgy but the UAE has rules that sit far higher than any consideration for rugby of either code.

5 minutes ago, Frusty said:

No, but SM wasn't put in a cell because he wanted to play RL. That would have happened in 2007 when he first organised a match if that were the case. He organised RL matches at long established RU clubs largely using RU players wearing RU kit!

His problem was two fold; he set up a representative side without getting the necessary approval, then he raised money from sponsors off the back of his position as head of the non-sanctioned body.

SM was probably more naive than dodgy but the UAE has rules that sit far higher than any consideration for rugby of either code.

How many more times? Just let it go and walk away from the keyboard. 

3 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Your knowledge of RL in UAE between 2007 and 2015 is what? You do know it was played freely, nobody was arrested for playing it, coaching it or organising it. You do realise that?

5 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Rugby League's so brilliant, they can never stay away for long. B) 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived