• Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well Stevie,  we all know that Hodgson was ex HKR, hand on heart is he doing anything spectacular in this comp, in fact blind pugh can see the marked improvement in all aspects of our attack when Roby is on the field, better accurate distribution, quicker distribution, better runs from dummy half and a better defender, and your interpretation please.

I am watching on Premier. It's like getting your politics from the BBC when Channel 4 offer a less biased view.

If Roby is doing so well why are England struggling to put on a performance. For me Tonga are favourites.

28 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Have you ever travelled on the M62 up the hill from Milnrow to the Yorkshire border at the crest?

Four lanes into Yorkshire, only three back down to Lancashire. Post-Brexit, we're putting a Borders Agency station there.

Excellent news, please get on with it. No need to wait for May and her buddies to agree anything, just put the wall up.

2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Excellent news, please get on with it. No need to wait for May and her buddies to agree anything, just put the wall up.

It's going to be a proper double-skinned wall. Yorkshire sandstone on our side, breeze-block on yours.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

34 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Have you ever travelled on the M62 up the hill from Milnrow to the Yorkshire border at the crest?

Four lanes into Yorkshire, only three back down to Lancashire. Post-Brexit, we're putting a Borders Agency station there.

Well, having lived in Cambridgeshire for the last couple of decades, my knowledge of Yorkshire is confined to passing through it on the A1.

However, four lanes uphill on a West Yorkshire motorway seems sensible, you need a way for slow moving lorries passing through to overtake the pony & trap/ horse & carts of the locals.

33 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I have, when I was on daily missionary work in Leeds then Elland for quite a number of years, the 4 lanes were there because people were reluctant to go and so drove slower, what was very evident though was the far greater number willing to escape the white rose each day only to be expelled later on.?

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

Well, having lived in Cambridgeshire for the last couple of decades, my knowledge of Yorkshire is confined to passing through it on the A1.

However, four lanes uphill on a West Yorkshire motorway seems sensible, you need a way for slow moving lorries passing through to overtake the pony & trap/ horse & carts of the locals.

Cambridgeshire? Wow.

The only people up here who can afford to live in Cambridgeshire are mill owners and Labour MP's.:D

18 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

I am watching on Premier. It's like getting your politics from the BBC when Channel 4 offer a less biased view.

If Roby is doing so well why are England struggling to put on a performance. For me Tonga are favourites.

Simple, Bennett keeps getting Hodgson involved in the middle, slooooowing everything down.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

what was very evident though was the far greater number willing to escape the white rose each day only to be expelled later on.?

I think you may have misjudged their intentions. Why bother travelling all the way to Chester Zoo,when you only need to cross the border into Lancashire. then you need to get back for some proper beer at reasonable prices surrounded by good company.

6 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

I think you may have misjudged their intentions. Why bother travelling all the way to Chester Zoo,when you only need to cross the border into Lancashire. then you need to get back for some proper beer at reasonable prices surrounded by good company.

Next time you come to Lancashire, if we can't stop you whilst you are getting over the wall, search me out and I will show you where to buy proper beer at reasonable prices. Bitter is still £2.25 a pint in my local.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sounds like Eric Olthwaite in Ripping Yarns.

Eric Olthwaite had respect and old fashioned good manners.

He made sure he wore his "best" flat hat on to appear on the telly.

34 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Probably because when Roby comes on, Hodgson doesn't go off and Bennett shuffles the team around so that nobody knows what they're doing. Definitely gives Tonga a chance.

1 minute ago, Jim Prendle said:

Next time you come to Lancashire, if we can't stop you whilst you are getting over the wall, search me out and I will show you where to buy proper beer at reasonable prices. Bitter is still £2.25 a pint in my local.

That sounds suspiciously like a deliberate non-mention of the requisite decent company.

;)

Hand-pulled beer can be bought for that price in Bradford City Centre. However, when I'm working away, I tell southerners that it's only one  pound a pint in Lancashire. That way, they're more likely to take a trip there instead. It's only fair that those south of Luton should be able to experience the true disappointment that only Lancashire can provide. They mostly support Man Utd anyway.

Just now, Wolford6 said:

However, when I'm working away, I tell southerners that it's only one  pound a pint in Lancashire. That way, they're more likely to take a trip there instead. 

Wow, you truly are a horrible human being aren't you?

Why would you want to inflict that on anyone, never mind those of us closest to God.

2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Why would you want to inflict that on anyone, never mind those of us closest to God.

Lancastrians are only closer to God than Yorkshire folk in the sense that they've got a lower life expectancy.

;):D

29 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Lancastrians are only closer to God than Yorkshire folk in the sense that they've got a lower life expectancy.

;):D

It's probably hard to argue with that, although the totally sedate lifestyle of shepherds and whippet owners in Yorkshire must have something to do with it.

1 hour ago, stevereed100 said:

Tonga have played a terrible Scottish team and a very poor Samoa team. They have struggled to get over Lebanon who England disposed of with ease.

The reason people think Tonga are favourites is because they turned over New Zealand but Fiji also did that.

The bottom line is that there used to be three stand out nations in World Rugby League in England, Australia and New Zealand. The Kiwis have fallen back into the pack as evidenced by defeats to Tonga and Fiji.

The world order will be restored this weekend in the semi finals.

Of course the Tonga and Fiji reslts are great for the sport but they are just as representative of the fall from grace of New Zealand as the development of Fiji and Tonga.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived