NRL blows its RLWC refs experiment

That article is terribly written. The arguments are just thrown in carelessly with no thought of the counter argument.

"So Bennett and Smith have just been ignored." Well, if you go the other way, someone else will clearly have been ignored.

Loads of opinions, no facts to back anything up. Waste of time.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That article is terribly written. The arguments are just thrown in carelessly with no thought of the counter argument.

"So Bennett and Smith have just been ignored." Well, if you go the other way, someone else will clearly have been ignored.

Loads of opinions, no facts to back anything up. Waste of time.

Its a typical referee discussion, people are not interested in proper debate on them, just shout loudly their preference.

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

In this case though, Cameron Smith, Wayne Bennett and Phil Gould and others in the game agree with him.

Cam Smith stated the same at last years 4 Nations he has said it before that after an Aus Kiwi test before then, Benny has always been against it, Gould has come around to it as well, Rothwell is just agreeing with them!

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Dont be daft. I dont post on lunch break. Not gettin paid for that.

I'll hold you to that :laugh:

Back on this topic, I heard from Russell Smith last night that the NRL referees department currently employs more that 25 full time staff. Asking Tony Archer what he thinks is really Turkey's voting for Christmas stuff. What Russell Smith did say was that 2 referees in the NRL had got the ruck time down to under 4 seconds on average. Cameron Smith in the WC is just getting started on those kind of times.

They must be basing their thoughts on wanting to revert back to one ref because they must have faith in the officials they already have to referee the match alone, I wonder what their thought process would have been had they had our illustrious gamecallers to contend with - Bentham excepted - every week!

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I'll hold you to that :laugh:

Back on this topic, I heard from Russell Smith last night that the NRL referees department currently employs more that 25 full time staff. Asking Tony Archer what he thinks is really Turkey's voting for Christmas stuff. What Russell Smith did say was that 2 referees in the NRL had got the ruck time down to under 4 seconds on average. Cameron Smith in the WC is just getting started on those kind of times.

Toilet humour is not called for, this is a seroius subject.?

20 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It can be exhausting. What other job are you up posting at 7.30am and then not done until 11pm? :tongue:

Lightweight. 4am is the new 7.30am thanks to this world cup.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived