Prince Harry

49 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

English sporting icon across the board, what has harry ever done in sport apart from neck gin n tonics at twickers?

That may be so, but at least he has an official capacity in regard to the sport - she (successful as she is) is just a random athlete - if you are suggesting her, then why not someone with a rugby league connection eg Ryan Giggs (watches/has played/son of former player), Bradley Wiggins etc

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, philipw said:

That may be so, but at least he has an official capacity in regard to the sport - she (successful as she is) is just a random athlete - if you are suggesting her, then why not someone with a rugby league connection eg Ryan Giggs (watches/has played/son of former player), Bradley Wiggins etc

Not sure he's got a crush on Giggs and Wiggins. :giveheart:

55 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

English sporting icon across the board, what has harry ever done in sport apart from neck gin n tonics at twickers?

Didn't he champion and head up the creation of an entirely new sporting event for injured veterans? Pretty good going by any measure.

Maybe you could set up a similar event for food bank users?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Not sure he's got a crush on Giggs and Wiggins. :giveheart:

4 tickets it is then - giggs - wiggins - john higgins and  Christopher biggins  

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

4 tickets it is then - giggs - wiggins - john higgins and  Christopher biggins  

And a partridge in a pear tree.

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Didn't he champion and head up the creation of an entirely new sporting event for injured veterans? Pretty good going by any measure.

Maybe you could set up a similar event for food bank users?

yes by giving a tiny tiny fraction of the royal wealth that is half the cause of things like this in the first place- good thinking jb

1 minute ago, Frusty said:

I imagine his diary is inked in at least a year in advance for overseas trips. You guys do realise that he is a top-shelf prize target for every terrorist nutjob out there don't you? It's a big security detail to plan trips.

who? syd little?

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

yes by giving a tiny tiny fraction of the royal wealth that is half the cause of things like this in the first place- good thinking jb

Not a clue what this means.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

That's some statement. Would love to see the stats you have to back that up. 

Anyway, back to the original thread; It's one thing nipping over to somewhere reasonably near if you have a couple of days manoeuvrability, but getting to Oz and back is more of an ask - royal or not. It probably wasn't worth booking a trip in advance on the off-chance England made the final.

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Go on....I'll bite (i'm quite sure I will regret it)...how is Royal wealth half the cause of government policy on military action?

2 minutes ago, Frusty said:

What on earth are you on about?

the mostly costly, feckless, useless benefit scrounging family in Britain - the royal family, why? what are you on about?

2 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

Two for the price of one, how about the Chuckle Bothers.

And they have experience. They've appeared on the Comedy World Cup on Channel 4.

They played rugby as kids; could have made it too. Forged quite a partneship on the field with their neat interplay.

'To me, to you. To me, to you..'

if it was eng ru in the final  William and harry would be there- but its not - its England rl - sod off to twickers  as per usual- to watch your beloved rah rah pals instead - end of story

4 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

Two for the price of one, how about the Chuckle Bothers.

And they have experience. They've appeared on the Comedy World Cup on Channel 4.

The chuckle brothers were my 2nd choice behind Timmy mallet and mallets mallet.

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

the mostly costly, feckless, useless benefit scrounging family in Britain - the royal family, why? what are you on about?

At a conservative estimate, the UK economy get about £24 back for every £1 the Royals get from public funds. They are a good investment. 

1 minute ago, Frusty said:

At a conservative estimate, the UK economy get about £24 back for every £1 the Royals get from public funds. They are a good investment. 

and the government don't put things in our water supply either

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

and the government don't put things in our water supply either

'You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth, and the plums have mutated and they have got beaks. You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small. Do you deny that? No, I think his silence speaks volumes.'

Watership Alan, 1997

4 minutes ago, Frusty said:

I was wrong, the UK economy gets back over £1500 for every £1 spent. That must be the most profitable brand in the world. 

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/money-tips/how-the-queen-and-the-royal-family-boost-the-uk-economy-11364067030820

well those commemorative plates in the news of the world magazine are a bit pricy I suppose

Archived