• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Poor game , decent defence by England , rubbish attack , more inventive play by Leigh East u 11 s 

Some very poor decision making by proffessional players , the Aussies were there for the taking , doubt we'll have a better chance to beat them 

If thats your summary of todays game then I dont want to know your thoughts on the average Leigh game. 

If only we had picked Jamie Acton.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, philipw said:

For saying thanks to his wife, child & family for supporting him?

Well said. From memory he thanked all the players families so no problem for me.

This is not a time to pick holes. It was a fantastic game 

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Poor game , decent defence by England , rubbish attack , more inventive play by Leigh East u 11 s 

Some very poor decision making by proffessional players , the Aussies were there for the taking , doubt we'll have a better chance to beat them 

Is that them behind those adults?

image.png.dd8bb9be17735d2e1b93aa4f4915654f.png

If England football lost to Brazil in the WC final their reaponse wouldnt be to clamour for a 3 match series against them. Theyd focus on going one better in 4 years.

Thats what we need to do and we need to play more games, put our team in tough situations like PNG, play Tonga, France as well as games vs the Aussies and Kiwis.

Aussies have everything in their favour. Playing numbers, exposure, money, resources, state of origin and transman tests.

Add to that future immortals in Smith, Slater and Cronk and we should not be within cooee of them. Yet we are...hope Bennett stays.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

6 minutes ago, Forestgravy said:

don't be a muppet, he's hurting he's got a minute to say some words when it's the last thing he wants to do of course he's going to just say something short and personal when emotions are high

Nothing I wrote was unreasonable. He was speaking as captain not as an individual. 

Sean should have made the speech. 

But, it is entirely undestandable, and a tiny thing compared to the massive contribution he and his team have made today and over the last 6 weeks. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

If England football lost to Brazil in the WC final their reaponse wouldnt be to clamour for a 3 match series against them. Theyd focus on going one better in 4 years.

Thats what we need to do and we need to play more games, put our team in tough situations like PNG, play Tonga, France as well as games vs the Aussies and Kiwis.

I think the 4 nations has damaged the World Cup... we need to play more internationals but not the same teams over and over.. stadiums then fill out for games you don't get to see that often

The game's over. It was a terrific effort and pressure makes people make mistakes in any field of life. There should be no whingeing about any of those boys who played today. Before the game, Australia were at 7:1 with the bookies.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Just now, Exiled Wiganer said:

Nothing I wrote was unreasonable. He was speaking as captain not as an individual. 

Sean should have made the speech. 

But, it is entirely undestandable, and a tiny thing compared to the massive contribution he and his team have made today and over the last 6 weeks. 

O'Laughlin isn't going to marry you, give up

Fantastic montage at the end of the broadcast. I hope there's a version out there somewhere without the credits scrolling.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A good performance until we get near the try line. Our short kicking was poor to non existent and we just can't seem to keep the pressure on when we get the chance with errors early in the tackle count on sets after Australian mistakes or penalties. Defence was great, if offered we would have all took only conceding 6 points before kick off and that's the first times can remember us finishing stronger than they did. Overall it's an opportunity missed but I'd say overall a step in the right direction for England. 

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

2 minutes ago, Forestgravy said:

Just got a text from a mate who saw the result. And I quote:

"Well thanks for trying to get me to watch that ! 6-0!? Glad I didn't bother!"

Can I violently attack him please?

You friends with Gubrats?

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

We just need to play as a team more. The spine need to get to know each other better. Play France twice during the season, given we've got some players on these central contracts, we should be able to call on them a few times while the clubs are playing.

Just now, RP London said:

Need a few little things... brown played fine but we need that little something extra from a 6... we need a centre in the number 4 shirt. Those little things are what take you to the next level... we're nearly there 

Brown just doesnt offer anything at this level. Mr Average. Hardaker really f***** us up.

Going forward I would keep Widdop at 6. Hopefully Tomkins gets back to something like his old self, or failing that give Shaul a chance. Or maybe even see how young Walker develops at Leeds. He looks a player.

Also Gale has had a decent tournement and played well today barring that brain fart at the end. But I prefer Sneyd. He just has a cooler head and knows how to run a game, even if Gale is more likely to do something eye catching.

Can we have a re match now though please.... can't be bothered with the rest of Saturday but would watch another game of this... but with a beer in hand this time instead of a coffee

Archived