• England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, chuffer said:

we can do it if we apply ourselves and keep the errors down.....people are saying it will be the Aussies by a canter etc, it shouldn't be, the first game wasn't and we were rubbish for most of that game, we've steadily improved since that 1st game

But at a guess so have they

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

2 minutes ago, Jace said:

Come on England! You won't win but at least make it competitive and keep the scoreline respectable for the sake of international rugby league. Australia will be too good! Go the Roos!! 

I have just thrown up.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Your arrogance is vomit inducing.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, Jace said:

Come on England! You won't win but at least make it competitive and keep the scoreline respectable for the sake of international rugby league. Australia will be too good! Go the Roos!! 

For the sake of international Rugby League we have to win. A narrow loser is still a loser and nobody want to know a loser, certainly not in the UK.   If we win it will raise the profile of the game in the UK immeasurably.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Just now, Jace said:

I like to call it confidence

No it is arrogance.

Just now, Trojan said:

For the sake of international Rugby League we have to win. A narrow loser is still a loser and nobody want to know a loser, certainly not in the UK.   If we win it will raise the profile of the game in the UK immeasurably.

And Tonga should have won on Saturday for an even greater cause

So you have changed your opinion on what you said and you now admit to being arrogant.

You do know that arrogance is obnoxious.

1 minute ago, Jace said:

And Tonga should have won on Saturday for an even greater cause

Tonga didn't deserve to win, they only got close courtesy of the ref.  Rugby League in the UK needs a win to enhance the status of the game.  It doesn't look to me like Tonga need the status of the game there enhancing.  TheIR king turned up to watch them for gods sake dressed in a Tonga jersey.  Who was there from the British royal family?:

Clement Attlee.

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

So you have changed your opinion on what you said and you now admit to being arrogant.

You do know that arrogance is obnoxious.

I haven't changed anything. Like I said, no other team comes close in terms of talent across the park so it's not arrogant to be confident. The only thing England has going for them is their physicality and size however that's matched by the Kangaroos

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Tonga didn't deserve to win, they only got close courtesy of the ref.  Rugby League in the UK needs a win to enhance the status of the game.  It doesn't look to me like Tonga need the status of the game there enhancing.  TheIR king turned up to watch them for gods sake dressed in a Tonga jersey.  Who was there from the British royal family?:

A Tongan victory would have ensured that it makes headlines around the world.

5 minutes ago, Jace said:

I haven't changed anything. Like I said, no other team comes close in terms of talent across the park so it's arrogant to be confident. The only thing England has going for them is their physicality and size however that's matched by the Kangaroos

If you can't see it then I can't show it to you.

You really are bloody clueless.

11 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

I've asked the wife to leave the house next Saturday. If we win I'll be a raving lunatic, if we lose (which I accept is more likely) then the dogs at risk of going through the TV.

Either way I can't be responsible if I'm around other humans.

I am normally an extremely calm watcher. The only time I ever yell at the TV is when we play Australia. It normally goes "forward bloody pass!" "can he not see them all offside" and  "why have we got no one who can kick the ball?" :lol:

The dog usually goes in his basket

19 minutes ago, Jace said:

Rubbish.  It'd make headlnes in Oz, Tonga, here and nowhere else

Clement Attlee.

22 minutes ago, Jace said:

I doubt that.

Everyone likes an underdog but if Tonga had won and gone on to beat the Roos 50-0 it wouldnt have changed the RL landscape very much. They have a population of 100,000 ffs, and most of them are already passionate about rugby of one code or the other. Hell if it wasnt for rugby the only other place you would ever hear the word Tonga would be someone adding £250 to the jackpot on Pointless.

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Rubbish.  It'd make headlnes in Oz, Tonga, here and nowhere else

Seen nothing to suggest England can beat Australia this past month. Englands game management has been poor. Poor options and kicking has often been the case in the second half, as has dropping off tackles. They start well, but then seem to switch off in more or less every game. The kicks need to be good or elsewhere Slater will make plenty of metres. Also kicking early will see England likely do more defending. They need to have somebody like Smith, who can not just read the game well, but make the right option with 100% accuracy.

England are Lucky Tonga failed to make the most of the chances they had. Jennings brainfart,  Tupou should have scored and Fifita should have done better with his carry. Give the Kangeroos them sort of chances and it will be a big defeat!

Australia will do the basics well and slowly grind England down until the mistakes are made. They will play for the 80 minutes. Cronk and Smith will not panic and will control the attack. Wouldnt surprise me to see them go to Gagai side more than Holmes. Slater Marshalls the defence like no other. He is a massive reason as to why Australia have only conceded 3 tries so far.  The other big advantage for Australia is that Slater Cronk and Smith have played over 400 games together at all Levels. For the Spine of any team to have that is a massive advantage and a big reason why The Storm, QLD and Australia have been so strong the past decade.

Would be great for the game if Australia lost. However its very very unlikely to happen, though not impossible.

Archived