RLWC Final may struggle to sell out.

Scubby

Based on previous games in Australia and what is currently left for the final, I can see the game really struggling to trouble capacity on Saturday.

Banks of A$127 seats behind the goal unsold and lots of new Cat C sections appearing all the time, giving the impression a few bays haven't been opened yet. The sideline tickets at A$175 seem to be doing okay but again not sure if all sections are sold out or they are just filling the TV side.

This game deserves a full house. Surely that can't shag this one up? I really hope it gets it. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How flexible are the administrators? When Cardiff was identified to be struggling back in 2013, the organisers very quickly have people ticket upgrades and shifted people around the stadium to make the crowd look good on TV... easy solution for this final if those seats in the lower tier don’t sell - shift the public from the top tier.

Who do we think will starting make excuses for this first? The Aussies on here, or their Uncle Tom fanboys on here who are actually British?

Either way it is an embarrassing state of affairs.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I'm surprised the alcohol free zone is sold out. Is this the equivalent of the family zone at our Grand final or are people just trying to avoid loud and lairy drunks.

Either way the demand is there so maybe they could shift more tickets by introducing another A.F. zone.

2 minutes ago, Yosser said:

I'm surprised the alcohol free zone is sold out. Is this the equivalent of the family zone at our Grand final or are people just trying to avoid loud and lairy drunks.

Either way the demand is there so maybe they could shift more tickets by introducing another A.F. zone.

Rumour is Johhny Bairstow is attending.

rldfsignature.jpg

Just now, Snooping Unionite said:

Personally I don’t like people drinking in the stands especially for important games like Cup finals. Friendlies and something like Magic that it works at but otherwise no.

It’s ridiculous how many times I’ve had beer spilt over me by day trippers at Murrayfield.

Beer? Don't you mean Moet?

rldfsignature.jpg

25 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

Nothing to say other than embarrassing and a disaster. Before the usual suspects appear with the list of excuses, Australia were also "guaranteed to win it in 2013" and we still filled a 75k stadium.

You forgot "omnishambles ", "disgrace" ,.....

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Who do we think will starting make excuses for this first? The Aussies on here, or their Uncle Tom fanboys on here who are actually British?

Either way it is an embarrassing state of affairs.

You realise that the rugby league season down here started in March right? The final will be played in December. That leaves 2 months of the year where no rugby league is played. Apart from your rugby league fans, casual observers don't tend to watch the same sport all year round without getting bored. Like I said many times before, at this time of the year, people shift their attention to summer sports. There should be a compromise in a world cup year where it either runs parallel to the NRL and Super League or the club season should be shortened. In saying that, there are also other factors involved with the main one being the Australian perception of the international level/rugby league world cup and how it plays second fiddle to state of origin. While this perception is unfortunate and inaccurate, it is however based on Australia's dominance at the top so it's somewhat justifiable. For the good of the game, England would need to win but that just doesn't seem likely at all.

22 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

The pricing is no different than 2013 as well... 

That's not a fair comparison. It sold out relatively quickly because that was a chance for England league fans to see the best players in the world in their own backyard battle it out. Whereas Aussies are under the impression that they have the best players and international league is below state of origin therefore tickets aren't in hot demand. Perception is everything and it's not always based on reality. Its like big premier league clubs like man united or liverpool playing in foreign lands where they'll always get a full house no matter the opposition because it's a chance for the locals to see some of the best players in action    

13 minutes ago, Jace said:

You realise that the rugby league season down here started in March right? The final will be played in December. That leaves 2 months of the year where no rugby league is played. Apart from your rugby league fans, casual observers don't tend to watch the same sport all year round without getting bored. Like I said many times before, at this time of the year, people shift their attention to summer sports. There should be a compromise in a world cup year where it either runs parallel to the NRL and Super League or the club season should be shortened. In saying that, there are also other factors involved with the main one being the Australian perception of the international level/rugby league world cup and how it plays second fiddle to state of origin. While this perception is unfortunate and inaccurate, it is however based on Australia's dominance at the top so it's somewhat justifiable. For the good of the game, England would need to win but that just doesn't seem likely at all.

That’s exactly why Australia should never be allowed to host a World Cup again

If there are some emoty seats on Sunday I’m not going to let it spoil my final. The NRL stitched up this World Cup, but they hopefully won’t get another one for 12 years. Let’s hope by then the Aussies have taken a beating or two and the waves that the UKs engagement with North America have made (not Prince Harry, but that could help!) mean they take far more notice this time out!

18 minutes ago, Jace said:

In saying that, there are also other factors involved with the main one being the Australian perception of the international level/rugby league world cup and how it plays second fiddle to state of origin. While this perception is unfortunate and inaccurate, it is however based on Australia's dominance at the top so it's somewhat justifiable. For the good of the game, England would need to win but that just doesn't seem likely at all.

Queensland won 10 in a row and that didn't stop people from attending or raving about its competitiveness. Besides, in the last decade, NZ have won one WC and 2 4N and been ranked number one, so the myth that only Australia win is nonsense. 

1 minute ago, londonrlfan said:

Queensland won 10 in a row and that didn't stop people from attending or raving about its competitiveness. Besides, in the last decade, NZ have won one WC and 2 4N and been ranked number one, so the myth that only Australia win is nonsense. 

But many can remember when NSW used to win and be competitive so there's always that element of hope that the series could tip in their favour whereas you gotta go further back to when international league was competitive. Besides, state of origin was built on top of a natural rivalry between the 2 states so it's always going to attract interest 

Archived