Challenge cup 2018

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

What is the criteria for entering?

No criteria for entering and minimum standards B4 of the Operational Rules do not apply in rounds 1 & 2.

All you need is a perimeter fence around the field.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

15 hours ago, johnmatrix said:

It's just common courtesy, and most amateur clubs struggle with their own budgets etc but still find the money to provide basic hospitality especially to those teams who have made a significant journey. 

Exactly. With this actually being a prestigious professional competition I think minimum standards should apply. It's as if no one could care less as there was a rugby union game on at 2.30 and all they were bothered about was that. It was also the contact in the run up to the game very slack and very disorganised on there side not knowing when and what time they could accommodate us. No fault of the chap dealing with it on their side he was waiting for the an answer himself. This isn't a pop at them particularly just I feel the RFL should put more in place for one of their competitions.

On 2/1/2018 at 11:29 PM, MidlandsRugbyLeague said:

Where does it say they have to? 

It doesn;t as Dessie pointed out for rounds 1 & 2. But what if they got to the third round against an amateur side and had to accomodate properly but rugby union was there taking preference again?

20 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

Exactly. With this actually being a prestigious professional competition I think minimum standards should apply. It's as if no one could care less as there was a rugby union game on at 2.30 and all they were bothered about was that. It was also the contact in the run up to the game very slack and very disorganised on there side not knowing when and what time they could accommodate us. No fault of the chap dealing with it on their side he was waiting for the an answer himself. This isn't a pop at them particularly just I feel the RFL should put more in place for one of their competitions.

It doesn;t as Dessie pointed out for rounds 1 & 2. But what if they got to the third round against an amateur side and had to accomodate properly but rugby union was there taking preference again?

Then they would have. LSRL hosted Italy a few years ago, food was served, drinks were had.

11 hours ago, Rammo23 said:

Does anyone from Askam arlfc know if the game will still be on on Saturday against West Hull in the Challenge Cup

I'll be asking the same thing of Millom mate the forecast isn't looking great at the minute although we have played before at millom when it has been like water polo haha

On 1 February 2018 at 9:46 AM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Looking forward to Wath Brow coming down to us! Will be the best side we've played in a long while so certainly give us an early indication of where we are in the grander scheme of things for the season to come. 

We'll warm up against Hunslet (formerly Hawks) RLFC this weekend......seems odd playing a semi pro side to prepare for an amateur side but honestly believe Wath Brow are a tougher proposition. 

Maybe not this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2018 at 7:01 PM, Celtic Rooster said:

They should have had a guideline letter off the RFL then. No excuse. A team who has never visited you before are coming a long way to play you and you don't even meet them or arrange after match refreshments. I don't think it needs a lot of working out. What are they learning at this University? It's not good manners.

You do know Loughborough Uni is renowned for 2 things - right?

Sports, 

and Arrogance

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Celtic Rooster said:

As much as I might sympathise with them then - they don't meet the criteria for entry into the Challenge cup.

How do they think an amateur club finances their day to day running, boils my pi ss we've never had anything except the odd few balls when we joined the RLC and they soon dwindled to now't.

Get off your backsides and raise some cash like to rest of us have to.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

5 minutes ago, neutralfan said:

When I played the Home team put on the food after the game and it was accepted that the home team went round with one or 2 football cards to help pay for it.Is  this still the case?That was in the Pennine League in the 80s and 90s!

All of the amateur clubs I have visited in the last several years have run a raffle in the club after the game, of course there may be some that don't I just haven't visited them. I also believe it is a NCL condition of being part of the league that they feed the teams after the game.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

One club offered us 17 'tokens' for food - which only covered the players.  Made a complaint that clubs are supposed to have 25 tickets so that the coaches and other officials have refreshments too.  The woman replied "if you think we're feeding the waterboys, you can forget it!".  Another club asked me to show them where it said in the league rules that clubs have to give 25 refreshments to the visiting club.

Generally though, there's usually lots to go around :-)

8 hours ago, BARRETT said:

One club offered us 17 'tokens' for food - which only covered the players.  Made a complaint that clubs are supposed to have 25 tickets so that the coaches and other officials have refreshments too.  The woman replied "if you think we're feeding the waterboys, you can forget it!".  Another club asked me to show them where it said in the league rules that clubs have to give 25 refreshments to the visiting club.

Generally though, there's usually lots to go around :-)

Sounds a lovely club, players, coaches and fans should be looked after in that order i’v seen at a few clubs them throwing it away instead of asking the bar/club if they want some 

the NCL should pop along once or twice to clubs who don’t seem to stick to rules 

Archived