BBC Promoting RLWC final (not)

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Just watched BBC evening news. Plenty on the FIFA WC draw, zip on tomorrow's match. 

The FIFA world cup is probably the biggest sports event ! As my dad used to say ' rugby league is ragtime compared to football' I have followed League for 55 years but my dad never had any interest. He only followed soccer especially Manchester United,as I also have as well as League.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

how can you say it adds no worthwhile value then list ways it adds value? 

I am disagreeing with the value you specifically added to it.

IF and it is big IF somebody wass prepared to pay millions for the things i listed then it is a no brainer. Im pretty confident in stating there isnt much of an international market interested in paying for SL.

So the principal is great, but as with most of your ideas there is not a jot of evidence they will work - unless you go down your route of listing things like NFL and NBA which are not comparable.

You never compare things like Pro14 or Scottish Football or Football League as similar competitions despite them beibg far closer to us.

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Sadly, BBC Breakfast picked up on Aussie newspaper reports that the game isn’t sold out. These Aussie organisers need to be held to account.

They had a good 5-10 minutes with Sam Tomkins.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Sadly, BBC Breakfast picked up on Aussie newspaper reports that the game isn’t sold out. These Aussie organisers need to be held to account.

With the obligatory Sam Burgess rugby union reference. Tomkins was very good.

6 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

This sort of thing annoys me, would something like that really be mentioned for any other sport than Rugby League though? On news type programmes I have never heard it mentioned for any other sports sporting events about them not selling out.

4 hours ago, bamfordsbeans said:

I am disappointed that an organisation such as the BBC allows all these trolls on their comments page.

If forums such as this is monitored,the BBC should be ashamed of themselves.

Agree wholeheartedly about the trolls. However, it is the usual five-10 (that's number, not age) one-eyed bigots repeating the same tripe, over and over and over again. To look on the bright side: each troll counts as a visitor to BBC Online's RL section.

15 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Agree wholeheartedly about the trolls. However, it is the usual five-10 (that's number, not age) one-eyed bigots repeating the same tripe, over and over and over again. To look on the bright side: each troll counts as a visitor to BBC Online's RL section.

Absolutely; their obsessive and petty whining bumps up the hit-count of each article quite usefully.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived