Capital challenge ...anybody been??

Like the 4 of Us I've been plenty of times, although never to the pre-match.  It's always a fantastic way to start the season off in a great venue.  Be aware that there are no stands to watch the game from: you will be standing along the touchline to watch.

If anyone going fancies a pint in the Artillery Arms after the match I'm up for it.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

If you love live RL, you will love this. Touchline action, you are literally feet away. It can be cold and wet, but there is a  bar. Always great to see the effort the Skolars put in and you can get some great pics of the HAC and the surrounding city blocks, one of the most surreal RL venues ever. 

2 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Always a great afternoon/start to the week end. They usually make sure the teams are reasonably matched and you get to spot some next big things from the Wigan school of RL excellence. 

It was my first sighting of future hall of famer Bretherton ;)

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

Mmm... I may have been guilty of over selling there.

My favourite moment was Manfredi tearing through, being grabbed just before the line and then announcing that some b------ had grabbed him by the b----. The genteel and intimate setting formed a perfect back drop. 

4 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

Manfredi, McCarthy-Scarsbrook and Jammer should be the next BBC  RL panel.  Well spoken all three of them.

Shaun Wayne can host. Such a nice warm personality.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Been a good few times and, as others have said, it's a great way to start the season. Ended up boozing with Steve Mascord, Gavin Willacy and, most importantly, this forum's very own Rascal Bongo Stork after the 2016 edition. Very tempted to take a half day and head over for next year's game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6 December 2017 at 4:16 PM, Exiled Wiganer said:

Mmm... I may have been guilty of over selling there.

I'm intrigued by this match and location but impractical to attend.  It sounds like all attending will be in for a treat.  I hope the weather is kind!

12 hours ago, IM2 said:

very kind words by all. we are all looking forward to the day. should be a cracker,

anyone want tickets pls buy here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/capital-challenge-2018-london-skolars-vs-wigan-warriors-tickets-36721934294

looking forward to it, almost a tradition for myself to take a half day & meet my dad at  Liverpool st for a game of RL and a cheeky Doombar or 2! RL tradition, in the city, who would think such a thing :-)

On 05/01/2018 at 7:23 AM, Charlie RL said:

I'm intrigued by this match and location but impractical to attend.  It sounds like all attending will be in for a treat.  I hope the weather is kind!

the field is like a carpet even when its rained it just doesnt get muddy. its probably the most expensive rugby pitch in the world

Archived