LAW CUP' AT THE ARENA SUNDAY 7th JAN.

mickhornet

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:41 PM, mickhornet said:

Crooky will get a great welcome.Should be a belter. Just hope weather ok

Looks like we will see Danny Bridge at the law cup aswell, I can't understand why we didn't sign him if he was back in England

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to GMR on Monday, Dale V Blackpool, The commentator said the pitch at Spotland looked like a Sunday league pitch.

It has been mentioned on the Dale MB about how bad the pitch is. All this rain with supposedly more to come wont do it much good.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

5 hours ago, ArthurDaley said:

Listening to GMR on Monday, Dale V Blackpool, The commentator said the pitch at Spotland looked like a Sunday league pitch.

It has been mentioned on the Dale MB about how bad the pitch is. All this rain with supposedly more to come wont do it much good.

Well it certainly hasn't been caused by rugby.

Football certainly has a worse affect on certain areas...although the worst part tends to be where the touch judges/referees' assistants plod up and down.

We could think of some of the mud heaps we used to play on.....but some 1st division football grounds were no better. 

I just hope things improve and we don't get back to the problems of yesteryear, at Spotland.

I was watching some 1960's football matches on YouTube the other day. What a mess some of the pitches were by Spring time. How they/we played football on them I'll never know.

Of course there will be people old enough on here to remember the days of all 26 players being completely covered in mud by half time in the old Winter rugby seasons.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:52 PM, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was watching some 1960's football matches on YouTube the other day. What a mess some of the pitches were by Spring time. How they/we played football on them I'll never know.

Of course there will be people old enough on here to remember the days of all 26 players being completely covered in mud by half time in the old Winter rugby seasons.

Eeeee,them were`t days though.

On 03/01/2018 at 10:52 AM, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What you doing watching soccer,bunch of jessies.

9 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I just hope this frosty weather sods off,it'll be a frozen pitch next.We can hope and pray.

Dale are supposed to  play Lincoln  on Tuesday night. It might be another hammering for the pitch.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

9 hours ago, ormskirknet said:

Keith Hill was on Radio Manchester sport at tea time complaining about the pitch. You can see what’s coming if we manage to get 2 games on this week.

Funny really because  they are yet to win away this season (in the league) - so its not all down to the pitch - could his player recruitment, team selection, tactics have something to do with their record I wonder. I expect if current form continues and they go down hornets will be to blame.

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Funny really because  they are yet to win away this season (in the league) - so its not all down to the pitch - could his player recruitment, team selection, tactics have something to do with their record I wonder. I expect if current form continues and they go down hornets will be to blame.

I suggest we wait and see.....about both the seasons result and KH's reaction.

Archived