NRL Membership tracker 2018

4 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

I'm trying to work out if your a wind up merchant or just delusional?

I've spent the past 3 weeks working on a major project down there in that god forsaken Ar#h*^$# of Australia and there was not one mention of the NRL either on TV or radio and only one very brief mention of the storm in the paper, Add to this the utter distain your average Victorian has for RL & only the blind or stupid could come to the conclusion you have dave. The NRL have wasted far to much money on this madness and need to wake up fast. RL has been badly neglected in heartland areas since the SL war & is dying a slow death in the bush. The NRL should abandon the Storm and direct those funds to the areas that have been propping the sport up in this country for over 100 years or sit back and watch the game die chasing world domination.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@NRLKnights
We’ve officially reached 15,000 Members ahead of season kick-off! A big thank you to everyone who has joined the red and blue family

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 minutes ago, Graham said:

I contend that Storm are doing a great job as a club within their community and growing the fan base despite the  strength of AFL and its long established following. The success of the club is to their credit rather than a sign to throw the towel in. Well done Storm.

AFL will always rule in Melbourne,but the Storm have found their place in the sports market and are steadily growing year on year,hopefully the sporting public of Perth turn out in big numbers tomorrow to show the powers that be that there is an appetite for the game over there.

13 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

I'm trying to work out if your a wind up merchant or just delusional?

I've spent the past 3 weeks working on a major project down there in that god forsaken Ar#h*^$# of Australia and there was not one mention of the NRL either on TV or radio and only one very brief mention of the storm in the paper, Add to this the utter distain your average Victorian has for RL & only the blind or stupid could come to the conclusion you have dave. The NRL have wasted far to much money on this madness and need to wake up fast. RL has been badly neglected in heartland areas since the SL war & is dying a slow death in the bush. The NRL should abandon the Storm and direct those funds to the areas that have been propping the sport up in this country for over 100 years or sit back and watch the game die chasing world domination.

Stick to your feckin NSW League Muppet. Ignore the Truth all you want but The Storm outperform most Sydney Clubs on and Off the Park.

5 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Stick to your feckin NSW League Muppet. Ignore the Truth all you want but The Storm outperform most Sydney Clubs on and Off the Park.

Not in his world they don't !!

10 hours ago, Graham said:

So I'm curious to know how many times have you been to Victoria Graham? See I wouldn't question you on anything Featherstone RL because I haven't been there yet to be able to form a sound knowledge of the situation.

Second moderation on this thread. If you hit report then trust us to have done the moderation rather than take it upon yourself. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

No need for the names LLR, On the field the Storm are the best hands down no argument but the fact of the matter is despite all that unprecedented success 99.99% of Victorians couldn't care less and never will. Having spent far to much time down there working over the past decade what I'm saying is what I've seen first hand- hardly anyone even knows who the Storm are!. If the NRL stay out of things & the Storm ever become a mid table or lower side they'll be in real trouble believe me.

39 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Like in 2010 when they couldn't earn points and so were guaranteed to finish last and still averaged 14,600 crowds,over 4000 more than the so called "pride of Sydney" managed last year.

Oh you mean that cheating side of 2010 that where more than 1 million dollars over the salary cap lol? Yes all the expat's from NSW & QLD watched & why wouldn't you really , It was like watching the RL equivalent to the Harlem Globe Trotters (Cheating storm side) V's the Washington Generals (rest of the honest NRL sides) they where winning but it just didn't count.

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Second moderation on this thread. If you hit report then trust us to have done the moderation rather than take it upon yourself. 

My apologies CKN I just hate racism.

22 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

So I'm curious to know how many times have you been to Victoria Graham? See I wouldn't question you on anything Featherstone RL because I haven't been there yet to be able to form a sound knowledge of the situation.

ECEB240F-4AD1-489D-AF1A-79C04F2622F1.thumb.jpeg.94c9376cd7180283833c75fb98bfb5be.jpeg

That’s for me to know and you to find out RRovO. 

PS  feel free to ask any questions on Fev, the world needs to know about our historic club.

32 minutes ago, Graham said:

ECEB240F-4AD1-489D-AF1A-79C04F2622F1.thumb.jpeg.94c9376cd7180283833c75fb98bfb5be.jpeg

That’s for me to know and you to find out RRovO. 

PS  feel free to ask any questions on Fev, the world needs to know about our historic club.

I follow Fev closely Graham as I'm a supporter from a far, But because I live over 17,000km away & haven't been to the town I don't pretend to know more about the state of RL in Fev than those who do live there ;).

Do you live in Victoria Rabbit? If not how do you know NOBODY cares about them as you keep claiming. I have been to Melbourne and from my experience chatting to some locals who work in the Hotels, Coffee Shops etc they know who the Storm are and that they play Rugby League. No doubt there are many others that dont know the Storm or what Sport they play for whatever reason. But the Game is recognised and still growing in Melbourne but the State of Victoria. And despite a Club that you claim nobody follows, they get bigger Crowds and have a higher membership than most Sydney Clubs including the Bunnies. Anybody who cant see the benefits of having Melbourne ( and other none NSW Teams) in the NRL Comp clearly is just plain ignorant...The days of an all Sydney Comp are over and the game needs to grow.

9 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Do you live in Victoria Rabbit? If not how do you know NOBODY cares about them as you keep claiming. I have been to Melbourne and from my experience chatting to some locals who work in the Hotels, Coffee Shops etc they know who the Storm are and that they play Rugby League. No doubt there are many others that dont know the Storm or what Sport they play for whatever reason. But the Game is recognised and still growing in Melbourne but the State of Victoria. And despite a Club that you claim nobody follows, they get bigger Crowds and have a higher membership than most Sydney Clubs including the Bunnies. Anybody who cant see the benefits of having Melbourne ( and other none NSW Teams) in the NRL Comp clearly is just plain ignorant...The days of an all Sydney Comp are over and the game needs to grow.

No I don't live in Victoria LLR but over the past decade I would have spent close to a year in Melbourne through work & have monitored the RL situation down there closely.

Look your a Storm fan so your going to defend them as I would Souths but it doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true it just means you don't want it to be.

If you don't believe me that's fine I could really care less but you could do a lot worse than listen to some of the comments former Eastern Suburbs/Wallaby's player & successful business man Brett Papworth has made regarding the interest in RL in Melbourne  , His experiences mirror mine , But I'm sure even if you did hear his comments you'll still come to the conclusion we're both evil lying new south Welshman though.

On your last comment I disagree 110% RL is far more likely to die chasing world domination than if it had just stuck to what it's good at in the areas its embraced,  I have no doubt if RL continues down the path its currently on it's days are numbered in Australia.

You just stay there in the background laughing at what you don't understand little Dave, I'm actually happy you have found a way to cope with your lot in life, Good for you.

11 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

The airlines must be making a fortune with them 20,000 people from Qld & NSW flying into Melbourne for the Storm's home games.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

The airlines must be making a fortune with them 20,000 people from Qld & NSW flying into Melbourne for the Storm's home games.

Adults talking hear so you run of and play with the other kids aye.

2 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

No I don't live in Victoria LLR but over the past decade I would have spent close to a year in Melbourne through work & have monitored the RL situation down there closely.

Look your a Storm fan so your going to defend them as I would Souths but it doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true it just means you don't want it to be.

If you don't believe me that's fine I could really care less but you could do a lot worse than listen to some of the comments former Eastern Suburbs/Wallaby's player & successful business man Brett Papworth has made regarding the interest in RL in Melbourne  , His experiences mirror mine , But I'm sure even if you did hear his comments you'll still come to the conclusion we're both evil lying new south Welshman though.

On your last comment I disagree 110% RL is far more likely to die chasing world domination than if it had just stuck to what it's good at in the areas its embraced,  I have no doubt if RL continues down the path its currently on it's days are numbered in Australia.

Clueless. Reports suggest that more people watch and also play Rugby League than ever before. theres a number of NRL players that came up through the Victorian RL System. Also you think the NRL would get as much sponsorship, Government and TV Money just having a Sydney based Comp? The Evidence suggests that the Storm, Raiders, Cowboys, Broncos, Warriors, Titans help add 10s of millions for the game. The fact is that the Storm average near 20K and have a membership of over 20k. Storm also have a massive Sponsorship that many Sydney Clubs are not even close to.

Lets keep RL a local Sport for Local People. Funny how International Sport is where the money is as is growing a Product. Yes there will be some errors on the way. But the game in Sydney is a joke as are a number of Clubs including the Rabbits. I suppose the 40K in Perth is not worth anything when Souths can get 6K like last year for a home game...

Archived