New Super League Board structure

steavis

On 16/12/2017 at 8:36 AM, Harry Stottle said:

(1)all along I have said TWP should be looked at as a work in progress, to see how it impacts both in Canada and what it does for or to the game over here before jumping into a mass expansion programme.

(2) Player supply has and will always be the difficult part to satisfy in my opinion without placing a massive impact on the game in the UK

(3)In the past I directed a question directly to your self which you did not care to answer concerning player production in the smaller towns of long established clubs should Licensing return and interest waning in those places to such a degree that kids stop playing and community clubs slip further into decline, not all are stars are from SL towns originally!

(1) What does “work in progress” mean Harry? Toronto have progressed to a stated £1.9M spend this new season to build a team to win the MPG, and get into Superleague. With respect let’s talk about the facts, and avoid meaningless phrases. It’s decision time for SL and as Mr. Beaumont says:-

I don’t agree with having a team in Canada at the expense of a heartlands club. Toronto? Quite simply No. From being in those (SL) meetings I think the answer is no from the other clubs .

Mr. Beaumont is clear that Toronto will not “impact” on Superleague by replacing a heartland club. If we go Licensed they won’t get one, if we stay P & R Toronto will be refused an SL  place, as they are not full members, just guests. We merely await confirmation – discuss??

(2) Thanks for acknowledging the player supply issue. However you were agreeing with a poster who was suggesting we have four extra places for new clubs. That needs 100 more quality players which is not “difficult”. It is impossible. Not only that how can he talk about four places for North American clubs when Mr. Beaumont has stated they won’t get one? We need to stop the fantasy and discuss what next for North America?

(3) I don’t see your issue. Yes Superleague can isolate championship clubs. However Superleague provides young RL players in community clubs in Halifax, Featherstone, Leigh and Dewsbury with careers at Huddersfield, Castleford, Warrington Wigan and Bradford etc. Old time fans walked away from their local clubs like Keighley, Batley, Oldham, York etc. New fans in those towns choose to go watch Bradford, Wigan Cas and Leeds etc. nowadays. About a dozen English Superleague clubs keep RL alive along the M62 and they are doing a good job of it.  More people pay to watch nowadays, but sadly less play, but that is true of other sports.

As for Bob’s insistence that he knows nothing of a series of North American clubs coming into SL to replace English clubs, this is exactly Toronto’s plan - to win the MPG and replace a heartland club. Then it becomes New York’s plan to avoid League 1 and go for the MPG in 2019 and replace another heartland club. I’m sure the other clubs mooted by Perez aren’t lacking the same ambition. This ambition is to just buy their way into Superleague and as Beaumont says they won’t get in unless they grow the game – this clearly means  the playing side of it as much as people wish to deny it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Parksider said:

I don’t agree with having a team in Canada at the expense of a heartlands club. Toronto? Quite simply No. From being in those (SL) meetings I think the answer is no from the other clubs .

Mr. Beaumont is clear that Toronto will not “impact” on Superleague by replacing a heartland club. If we go Licensed they won’t get one, if we stay P & R Toronto will be refused an SL  place, as they are not full members, just guests. We merely await confirmation – discuss??

Well TWP are playing to gain promotion to SL. That has been their intention and goal from day one. This has been done with the knowledge and agreement of the clubs. They had to start at the bottom. They did. They had to gain promotion. They did. They had to show good faith and commitment. And, guess what? Their "guest status" is a red herring yet again. Derek B may not like TWP being in SL but that doesn't mean it won't happen it just means he can stand on the terraces looking like the other bookend to you.

images.duckduckgo13.jpg.d1b143e139b8de12b0fc93a3d09c9357.jpg

Better than spot the ball ...... find the miserable person in the crowd!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

27 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Thats a interesting question for the clubs and it goes right to the heart of what they see in the potential of expanding the game, because whilst it may seem at first look beneficial for the SL clubs to have them finance themselves, an extra 1.8m to share between a fewer clubs, it also leaves the entire potential of Canada to Toronto, and should a Canadian tv deal ever grow higher than 1 clubs share then the SL clubs are missing out on money

I dont have a problem with the clubs from each country generating their own money from whatever means they can and keeping it,except for admin costs and any other outlays that are essential.

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I guess it comes down to whether the SL clubs want a larger piece of the same pie, or think they can grow the pie.

They certainly dont want to lose any money from the tv deal as that would just increase the need for more director loans or what ever theyre called

On 16/12/2017 at 9:36 AM, Harry Stottle said:

Mr P. "Learn and evaluate"  I will re-phrase, judge, gauge, rate or assess.

You did not look back far enough, all along I have said TWP should be looked at as a work in progress, to see how it impacts both in Canada and what it does for or to the game over here before jumping into a mass expansion programme.

Player supply has and will always be the difficult part to satisfy in my opinion without placing a massive impact on the game in the UK, again in the past I directed a question directly to your self which you did not care to answer concerning player production in the smaller towns of long established clubs should Licensing return and interest waning in those places to such a degree that kids stop playing and community clubs slip further into decline, not all are stars are from SL towns originally!

On 16/12/2017 at 1:29 AM, Kayakman said:

Well excuse me...I watched all of the games from the World Cup on You Tube....are you deaf, dumb AND blind?

wolfpack.jpg

parksrder.jpg

Parky does talk about me in his posts, again pretending I said something.  As you quoted it, I will say that clearly there is a threat to the heartland teams from the increasing presence of NA teams. 

It is the suggestion that we are going to have a handful of them in 2019, or that anyone is actually suggesting that, which I ridicule him for.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Going against all RL traditions, the current administrators at Red Hall are healthy in mind and body.

Right now, they're scouring the litter bins in the surrounding public gardens, trying to hunt down the back of a fag packet.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 15/12/2017 at 8:32 PM, Blind side johnny said:

He will report to the board, of which Barwick is chairman. All perfectly normal in any organisation; a non-executive chairman (the norm) doesn't have any day to day involvement with the organisation and has the primary role of protecting the interests of the shareholders.

Correct ?

4 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Ask Ralph Rimmer. He'll probably tell you that it will be complying with the terms of its remit.

Rimmer needs to go out into the real world and find out what is really required from his degree, talk about from tea boy to site manager, well no I'm wrong, the tea boy would have spent time learning to deal with all aspects of the job on his way to the top.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived