On 12/21/2017 at 8:25 PM, iangidds said:

Serbia and Albania won’t go away for a long time , but Rugby people are in general better than the footballers and they realise that the Balkan super league is a great opportunity for them all. There are some great people truly committed to league which is fantastic.

The politics divide people's not the sport and don't believe everything you see in TV ;)

You have used the right word "There are some great people truly committed to league which is fantastic."  Yes is true because rugby league in Albania is starting thanks to 2 Serbian guys . I have the pleasure to have meet both of them in Belgrade Serbia .

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, langpark said:

I really hope it happens.  I have to say I'm skeptical.  It seems they went with 15 teams, but the 12-team format is plan B in case teams start pulling out / failing to make the away trips.

Ok , I hope so too; I heard it from one of the players here who is my former member of staff ; so it’s a very good source

1 hour ago, iangidds said:

Ok , I hope so too; I heard it from one of the players here who is my former member of staff ; so it’s a very good source

Yes I'm not doubting that it's true, I'm just hoping it eventuates, would be fantastic.  I know it's no easy feat, especially for a team that's never played league before.

• 1 month later...

My 1st question is will there be a Kosovo based team formed now or in the near future and my 2nd question is would that be a good idea/wise what with all the political and ethnic tensions in the area??

21 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

My 1st question is will there be a Kosovo based team formed now or in the near future and my 2nd question is would that be a good idea/wise what with all the political and ethnic tensions in the area??

Walter my friend. That would literally end the very existence of RL in the Balkans. Ooh and btw. It would be impossible as Serbians and Bosnians cannot enter the 'country'. 

2 minutes ago, Sick39ed said:

Walter my friend. That would literally end the very existence of RL in the Balkans. Ooh and btw. It would be impossible as Serbians and Bosnians cannot enter the 'country'. 

WOW!! I honestly didn’t even know that about Serbians and Bosnians not being allowed into Kosovo.

1 minute ago, Sick39ed said:

yeah they both don't recognise its passports etc.

Of course. It’s something like if the state of Israel entered the middle east football federation if such a thing exists ?

• 2 weeks later...

Three games to be played in the opening round on Sunday, with three countries (Serbia, Bosnia, Bulgaria) involved.

Lokomotiv Sofia vs Partizan Belgrade

Dorcol v Vitez

Radnicki Novi Beograd vs Banja Luka Warriors

Archived