• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic to hear Ian and congratulations on making history for Montenegro. A very credible result. Hope it’s a sign of things to come, you should feel very proud of yourself.

Out of interest, is it possible for Montenegro obtain any Australian aid money to support their development?

46 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Fantastic to hear Ian and congratulations on making history for Montenegro. A very credible result. Hope it’s a sign of things to come, you should feel very proud of yourself.

Out of interest, is it possible for Montenegro obtain any Australian aid money to support their development?

I will look into it , I am going to write to the Australian ambassador to congratulate them for supporting Vitez and RL in the Balkans as it is very very well needed and more importantly very much appreciated 

13 hours ago, langpark said:

Great work Ian!  I think the score was 34-16, which I think is a fantastic result for you guys!  I hope the players enjoyed the experience and continue to play Rugby League.

You should contact RLEF and/or RFL, so that they can put the word out for teams to tour!  I don't know how well-connected the airport is there, but being one of the cheaper countries to visit in Europe, will definitely help attract visiting teams!

I hope so!

I will warn you, many sides will agree to tour in good faith, far fewer will actually manage to arrive.  In my experience, it is no easy thing.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I hope so!

I will warn you, many sides will agree to tour in good faith, far fewer will actually manage to arrive.  In my experience, it is no easy thing.

I think you are right , i wont hold my breath

On 6/4/2018 at 10:10 PM, Bob8 said:

I hope so!

Yes I agree, for every 5 that say "yes we're keen", maybe only 1 or 2 will be serious, and eventually 1 or none will make it over there.  But, as the host team, there's nothing to lose in asking.  If a team commits to travel, then cancels, there's nothing lost on your end at all.  It really is a numbers game though, so the more teams you invite, the better your chances.

The fact that it would be a real pioneer tour too would give a bit of added incentive to teams.

Archived