• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind comments, I honestly thought I had lost my passion for RL but I felt it flooding back and can’t wait for the next training session; I must say that unless a few more rugby players turn up we could be in big trouble next weekend  though 

Heading off today for a six hour drive through Montenegro and Bosnia in readiness for Montenegros first ever game of RL   i have 13 players at best , most of which have never trained at RL never mind played it ; I shall keep you updated if I am not kidnapped on the way !

Yeah, all the best Ian, definitely think you’re going to need it if you’ve got 13 players at best! If you’re struggling for players, why did they enter a team in the comp......or are you suffering injuries/unavailability?

They are a bit like this here, maybe they will turn up maybe they won’t! The travelling is arduous, probably 8 hours driving for some on not very good roads.

there sounds like there will be more available against Dorcol at home , these are working lads and it’s now the summer season when every man and his dog are in demand

Best of luck! Great oaks and small acorns, etc.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Yeah, all the best Ian, definitely think you’re going to need it if you’ve got 13 players at best! If you’re struggling for players, why did they enter a team in the comp......or are you suffering injuries/unavailability?

They are only just starting out in Montenegro, which means they are the first ever team.  So as the sole team in the country, if they want matches, this is the only way to do it right now.  I cannot stress how important this first match is.  Hopefully they can muster 13 blokes and no matter what the score is, it will have a positive effect and hopefully kickstart a bit of momentum in Montenegro.

Well as was predicted we did struggle , only had 13 players with over half of them never had one training session between them! I’ve no idea of the score but think it was about 40; 20 . 

We scored first but they soon got a rude awakening from a motivated Vitez team , Vitez were fantastic hosts and it was quite amazing to see Rugby League played by such dedicated , honest people; they are fighting back for the sake of the young generation and looking to the future with the help of the Aussie aid money.

Having travelled to Bosnia several times it always makes me feel more in touch with my human side for some reason , Vitez RL are helping the local community in so many ways , one of which is with children with learning disabilities; my god I was moved to tears and wanted to fix them all!

im back home in Montenegro feeling blessed to be part of a bit of RL history and I really hope that guys on this forum could do something about getting some teams over there to help these wonderful people? I’m more than willing to help wherever I can.

just one last note , these guys were playing Union and wanted to play RL too due to a lack of games ... guess what ? That’s right they were banned from their club and had to go find a new ground etc etc etc

Great work Ian!  I think the score was 34-16, which I think is a fantastic result for you guys!  I hope the players enjoyed the experience and continue to play Rugby League.

You should contact RLEF and/or RFL, so that they can put the word out for teams to tour!  I don't know how well-connected the airport is there, but being one of the cheaper countries to visit in Europe, will definitely help attract visiting teams!

Archived