Leigh Centurions sign Kurt Baptiste

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Clinton Baptiste said:

Did Doug like beavers?

Oh I think Canada is know for its love of beavers, mans best friend after all...not this dog ######...you will put up with an irritated female dog but only if you get to hang with the beaver after all. We love to eat beaver so much that we made a dessert called beaver tails after our passion.

6 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Oh I think Canada is know for its love of beavers, mans best friend after all...not this dog ######...you will put up with an irritated female dog but only if you get to hang with the beaver after all. We love to eat beaver so much that we made a dessert called beaver tails after our passion.

The mind boggles ...

7 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

There is no answer to this .

I can speak Esperanto like a native.

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

I can confirm that his is true over here...good post Krzzystuff...spreading Canadiana and all that!

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I keep thinking of Naked Gun for some reason

You're certainly on the right track...jut gotta refine that a little...we are a very cultured people.   This is what a Beaver Tail actually looks like (there are many different shapes and varieties with whole subsets of toppings).

04122013-beavertails-tripletrip.jpg

23 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You're certainly on the right track...jut gotta refine that a little...we are a very cultured people.   This is what a Beaver Tail actually looks like (there are many different shapes and varieties with whole subsets of toppings).

04122013-beavertails-tripletrip.jpg

I love it 

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I love it 

Many Canadians also especially on long cold winter nights...national past time over here

As stated by that famous grouping of young Ducks:

"Ode To The Beaver (or otherwise known as 'Tail')

Huey, Dewey and Louie,

Like their Beaver

Hot, chewy and gooey!

Signed,

Donald Duck

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Many Canadians also especially on long cold winter nights...national past time over here

As stated by that famous grouping of young Ducks:

"Ode To The Beaver (or otherwise known as 'Tail')

Huey, Dewey and Louie,

Like their Beaver

Hot, chewy and gooey!

Signed,

Donald Duck

These sound like my kind of people ! Happy Christmas to the great Canadians

23 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It was only a few years ago when the Leigh club personnel had a 'pop' at other clubs being full of overseas players,and Licensing was brought in amid claims of developing local talent and benefiting the national side.

Neither French club,Catalans in Super League or Toulouse in Championship,are seemingly bringing French talent into their respective clubs.

Since Licensing improvement in stadia has hardly made great improvement and the national side still trail behind Australia.

It would appear that Derek Beaumont knows what is required - off the field- for Super League requirements.

It would also appear,that even in September of this year,the parachute payment to Leigh had not been finalised -

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41433918

Also in September,Beaumont wrote the following in his column - 

Source - https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/blog/2017/09/05/the-derek-beaumont-column-3rd-september-2017/

As Derek Beaumont had the salary cap adjusted and seems to run the RFL,it will be interesting if the one up and one down applies at the end of the 2018 campaign.

Whether reserve sides/academy teams are put in p-lace at Leigh will probably indicate if they are to be brought in with any new Licensing criteria.

And it was only a few years ago that Mark Aston stated unequivocally-

“We don’t have any such dual-registration agreement with a Super League club and we won’t as long as I am here,” he told News & Star Sport.

Clubs, like people, change their mind as their situation does. So if you really must chirp up with a years old quote every time there is a Leigh thread on here, I'd suggest you find a better example. 

Archived