Leigh threaten to bar Premier Sports

4 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

As per the Guardian article shared in a different thread SL bosses are aware that NA expansion  is key to survival (sorry Parky that must have gutted you reading that) so DB's feelings aren't a consideration at all.

Go onto that thread Krzzy, and look what I wrote in reply to Bob8 the poster of the article, I stated that the mention of the TWP and the wording would produce different connotations to whoever the reader is, it does not state NA expansion is key to survival, that is your subconscious reading it that way, no apoligies to Parky nessacary, it could be your goodself on the recieving end of your well used STFU, time will tell.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Go onto that thread Krzzy, and look what I wrote in reply to Bob8 the poster of the article, I stated that the mention of the TWP and the wording would produce different connotations to whoever the reader is, it does not state NA expansion is key to survival, that is your subconscious reading it that way, no apoligies to Parky nessacary, it could be your goodself on the recieving end of your well used STFU, time will tell.

We will wait and see but I see only positives for the game with us being there and i'm confident all the SL owners will as well, we are the key to bringing money into the game and they are all apparently greedy in the "Super Greed" as UK posters have mentioned many times.

You guys have done expansion and seen it fail i get it but we are starting from the bottom and paying to play, were not the same a sthe other ventures. On top of all that is it safe to presume that we have gotten much more global and local exposure for RL than any of the other failed expansion teams? did they have deep pocketed RL fans as backers or just in in it to try and make money?

you guys keep trashing our team and then get sensitive when we dish it back out...hence the sandwich for the haters.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Well better late than never , we got there in the end , as I put earlier ' storm in a teacup ' anyway kept everybody occupied for a week or two , now just bring on the season 

No it didn't.

you overestimate the importance of your club and it's chair.

it takes seconds, minutes at most to respond to posts on here, particularly at this level.

does your club have a media department? They must be livid at the light this nonsense has placed the centurions in, assuming Leigh have such a department.

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

We will wait and see but I see only positives for the game with us being there and i'm confident all the SL owners will as well, we are the key to bringing money into the game and they are all apparently greedy in the "Super Greed" as UK posters have mentioned many times.

You guys have done expansion and seen it fail i get it but we are starting from the bottom and paying to play, were not the same a sthe other ventures. On top of all that is it safe to presume that we have gotten much more global and local exposure for RL than any of the other failed expansion teams? did they have deep pocketed RL fans as backers or just in in it to try and make money?

you guys keep trashing our team and then get sensitive when we dish it back out...hence the sandwich for the haters.

You will never find that I have trashed the TWP, and for what it is worth I agree with all you reference in the first two paragraphs of your reply, infact I know a number of your players and coaches especially the lads native to Leigh personally.

I am not against expansion contrarary to some of the posts that have classified me as such, but am I wary of it happening to fast and having an adverse reaction to the game over here, you bet I am.

Your team have not even started their second season, and yet the fanfares, trumpets and majorettes are out in force on an expansion programme, not with the momentum of a snowball gathering pace as it proceeds down the hill, but a full scale avalanche is hoped to cascade.

I have stated in the past, TWP should be treated as a work in progress, it should be evaluated, assesed, appraised, scrutinised, and studied, to see what works and highlight anything adverse. The information gleaned from such an undertaking would be to the benefit of those wishing to formulate new teams and for the authorities going forward.

As you say, expansion has failed miserably over here, but only a fool would deny that the TWP have an offer far exceeding anything that has been undertaken before, and done correctly it should only be a win win for all concerned, and especially those clubs who follow.

9 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

No it didn't.

it takes seconds, minutes at most to respond to posts on here, particularly at this level.

does your club have a media department? They must be livid at the light this nonsense has placed the centurions in, assuming Leigh have such a department.

For gods sake man give it a rest, we know the mere mention of Leigh is like a red rag to bull in your eyes, you are beginging to come over as a grumpy old man, its tedious. Your better than that. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You will never find that I have trashed the TWP, and for what it is worth I agree with all you reference in the first two paragraphs of your reply, infact I know a number of your players and coaches especially the lads native to Leigh personally.

I am not against expansion contrarary to some of the posts that have classified me as such, but am I wary of it happening to fast and having an adverse reaction to the game over here, you bet I am.

Your team have not even started their second season, and yet the fanfares, trumpets and majorettes are out in force on an expansion programme, not with the momentum of a snowball gathering pace as it proceeds down the hill, but a full scale avalanche is hoped to cascade.

I have stated in the past, TWP should be treated as a work in progress, it should be evaluated, assesed, appraised, scrutinised, and studied, to see what works and highlight anything adverse. The information gleaned from such an undertaking would be to the benefit of those wishing to formulate new teams and for the authorities going forward.

As you say, expansion has failed miserably over here, but only a fool would deny that the TWP have an offer far exceeding anything that has been undertaken before, and done correctly it should only be a win win for all concerned, and especially thise who follow,

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

To defend my new BFF, Harry, we have pretty mcuh disagreed on everything.  But, he seems sincere and reasoned, just coming from a different outlook.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

5 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

To defend my new BFF, Harry, we have pretty mcuh disagreed on everything.  But, he seems sincere and reasoned, just coming from a different outlook.

I don't know whether Mr Krzzy is aware of my feelings on the  expansion programme, I just wanted to lay down my aspect of the situation, anyway he must be in agreement he has acknowledged my post to him.

Sorry for talking over you Krzzy, just answering my mate Bob8.

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

For gods sake man give it a rest, we know the mere mention of Leigh is like a red rag to bull in your eyes, you are beginging to come over as a grumpy old man, its tedious. Your better than that. 

No it isn't.

But I am a grumpy old man.

1 hour ago, Tongs ya bas said:

No it isn't.

But I am a grumpy old man.

But you don't have to be a grumpy old man unless you want to be!  Cheer Up!  Today is a new day!

1 hour ago, Tongs ya bas said:

No it didn't.

Our ' chair ' was asked a question on twitter , and replied on twitter , 

I dont overestimate anything , others seem to want to highlight us more than we do ourselves 

We have people who deal with media , but no doubt once we became aware of the proposal to broadcast it was just a case of waiting for the RFL to actually contact all the relevant clubs with the details , as they should have done a couple of months ago 

Storm over , time for a brew 

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I dont overestimate anything , others seem to want to highlight us more than we do ourselves 

We have people who deal with media , but no doubt once we became aware of the proposal to broadcast it was just a case of waiting for the RFL to actually contact all the relevant clubs with the details , as they should have done a couple of months ago 

That's some strong brew...36 pages worth

22 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It's a pity it didn't stay on Twitter instead of making your club look like some tin pot inward looking set of small minded yokels.

It doesn't matter what form of social media this nonsense saw the light of day on. 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So those of us that said from the start that Bo Derek was talking bollards when he said TWP/Premier are invited to talk to us about this were correct, there was a deal in place and it had sweet FA to do with Leigh.

It is, as a few of us said, not some underhand deal that Bo Derek was rallying his internet warriors to pick up their pitchforks and fight, but a clear standard practice deal

Give me strength.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

And as I said , a reply to a question on twitter , jumped on and built up into WW3 by those with nothing better to do 

Storm in a teacup Dereck and those with an ounce of common knew that the game would be televised , however a poor show from the governing body in not being proffessional enough to inform those involved 

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

And as I said , a reply to a question on twitter , jumped on and built up into WW3 by those with nothing better to do 

Storm in a teacup Dereck and those with an ounce of common knew that the game would be televised , however a poor show from the governing body in not being proffessional enough to inform those involved 

Nige was on the way out so it wasn'tfir him to answer i guess, the day he resigned the email went out no?

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So why make the comment along the lines of "Premier/TWP come and talk us", rather than say "The RFL should tell us what is going on", you shouted your mouth off and now are back tracking big style.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Its weird that the Leigh fans defended Derek's position so vociferously when it wasnt really his position or all that important.

I think that once he had dug the hole, then people pointing out he had already taken the shilling for the rights, pulled up the ladder and left him scrambling to get out, other thing was he also forget to tell  his troops to put the pitchforks down, while he was swanning about in South Africa.

-I believe at the time I posted:

"Even if an extra fee was offered you know it would never be enough with this guy Beaumont...this is a two bit hustler shake down I tell ya, not good.

Finally, free broadcasts and international exposure for every team in Championship and Leigh (with this lunatic Beaumont) would put it all at risk for a few shillings...bush league...and don't pretend you don't know it...I know you know better."

-then the attacks began.

44 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Twitter is social media: yes, I'm stating the obvious. It's the public domain and people take notice, and spread what gets said on it. People with a modicum of intelligence are careful what they say. Earlier in this thread this was being hailed as a media coup, which in itself was laughable. Bloody amateurs.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:46 PM, ojx said:

TFC are playing games at BMO this year on Feb 27 and March 3.  Surely rugby boys can do it if soccer players can.  TWP need to start playing at home earlier in the season, which means getting access to Lamport and removing the winter dome earlier.

As I have mentioned before, I would like the TWP to try and get a contract with the city to manage Lamport stadium, just like MLSE do with BMO field.

TFC's BMO field is heated. I'd be amazed if Lamport is.
I'm all favour if they can do it, but my thought was it would be risky to push games into Feb.

Clearing a few feet of snow from the field is easy, but kind of a job to clear it off the seats. There isn't a machine for that. It's pure grunt work.

But I'd go and make sure I bring a wee dram to cut the chill.

9 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Twitter is social media: yes, I'm stating the obvious. It's the public domain and people take notice, and spread what gets said on it. People with a modicum of intelligence are careful what they say. Earlier in this thread this was being hailed as a media coup, which in itself was laughable. Bloody amateurs.

People with a modicum of intelligence stay well clear of twitter and facebook and the like. 

10 hours ago, Padge said:

I think that once he had dug the hole, then people pointing out he had already taken the shilling for the rights, pulled up the ladder and left him scrambling to get out, other thing was he also forget to tell  his troops to put the pitchforks down, while he was swanning about in South Africa.

So now we can add ' mind reading ' to your many other talents 

Amazing , when are you on Britains got Talent ? 

So back to the original thread topic title.  Derek didn't threaten to bar or ban anybody.  He simply said no arrangements had been made or forthcoming and invited contact from either Premier/The RFL or both.  As I understand it Leigh were not the first team to contact the RFL .... but hey that doesn't stop the incredibly sad blinkered usual suspects on here .... they really do need help

Here we go again .....

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

People with a modicum of intelligence stay well clear of twitter and facebook and the like. 

Are you saying Beaumont, a frequent Twitter user, doesn't have a modicum of intelligence? 

Archived