Leigh threaten to bar Premier Sports

9 hours ago, PatrickB said:

TFC's BMO field is heated. I'd be amazed if Lamport is.
I'm all favour if they can do it, but my thought was it would be risky to push games into Feb.

Clearing a few feet of snow from the field is easy, but kind of a job to clear it off the seats. There isn't a machine for that. It's pure grunt work.

But I'd go and make sure I bring a wee dram to cut the chill.

The words of a true rugby league fan. Sir, I salute you.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Whomever Tongy, whatever the platform they are a conduit for nosey bhuggers who want to know everyones buisness, those who think they are important enough that everyone wants to listen to them, the evil side they have in terrorism, sex grooming, bullying etc.

I am not daft enough not to say that they will not have some genuine aspects, but in my opinion (which probably only counts to me) they have more negatives than positives.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Whomever Tongy, whatever the platform they are a conduit for nosey bhuggers who want to know everyones buisness, those who think they are important enough that everyone wants to listen to them, the evil side they have in terrorism, sex grooming, bullying etc.

I am not daft enough not to say that they will not have some genuine aspects, but in my opinion (which probably only counts to me) they have more negatives than positives.

Hmm doesn't reflect well on Derek does it?

15 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Next season TW wont be allowed the same benefits in SL, they must use BMO and get used to H/A fixtures

I have not seen any referance to TWP being in SL next season as a definate, you know something the rest of us are not privvy to Sweaty?

Irrespective, if they do get into SL do you think that tgey will still have to stump up for travel and boarding for the visiting teams?

1 hour ago, DemonUK said:

So back to the original thread topic title.  Derek didn't threaten to bar or ban anybody.  He simply said no arrangements had been made or forthcoming and invited contact from either Premier/The RFL or both.  As I understand it Leigh were not the first team to contact the RFL .... but hey that doesn't stop the incredibly sad blinkered usual suspects on here .... they really do need help

So without getting too hung up on the sensational headline, what about DBs rant that he isnt happy about Premier getting this free and if we hand rights out free then it may lead to the same at Sky.

Anybody saykng DBs only issue here is that he hadnt been told is ignoring that part of his rant, or being dishonest.

He is not happy with the Premier rights and publicly moaned on Twitter.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I have not seen any referance to TWP being in SL next season as a definate, you know something the rest of us are not privvy to Sweaty?

Irrespective, if they do get into SL do you think that tgey will still have to stump up for travel and boarding for the visiting teams?

If they did, id expect them to take a share of tv money and therefore be bettrr off anyway.

12 hours ago, Kayakman said:

-I believe at the time I posted:

"Even if an extra fee was offered you know it would never be enough with this guy Beaumont...this is a two bit hustler shake down I tell ya, not good.

Finally, free broadcasts and international exposure for every team in Championship and Leigh (with this lunatic Beaumont) would put it all at risk for a few shillings...bush league...and don't pretend you don't know it...I know you know better."

-then the attacks began.

The attacks begin after the terms "two bit hustler" and "lunatic" are used...

16 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The attacks begin after the terms "two bit hustler" and "lunatic" are used...

Fair enough...but all things come out in the end game...I think they are more relevant than 'responsible owner' and 'just standing up for Leigh'.

The man had already been paid and he was trying to milk Toronto for more, if he had gotten away with its ,that would be a form of fraud.  The actions/words were initiated by him, for his personal gain, on a public forum.   He willingly put his comments up to be analyzed and published them, he didn't retract them upon learning he was wrong (or has not as far as I know).

It was obvious from the start what this clown was trying to pull off and I'm glad he didn't get away with it.

It's really reassuring to know that the owner of a club,in Super League only last year,doesn't know the arrangements between the governing body and the largest stakeholder in the sport.

Followers of clubs.other than Leigh,posting on here,and finally in the RLE get the message out - after 36 pages on here.

I hope there are no individuals leaving the MRP and the Disciplinary Panel as they could be required for the game between 

Leigh and Toronto.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Fair enough...but all things come out in the end game...I think they are more relevant than 'responsible owner' and 'just standing up for Leigh'.

The man had already been paid and he was trying to milk Toronto for more, if he had gotten away with its ,that would be a form of fraud.  The actions/words were initiated by him, for his personal gain, on a public forum.   He willingly put his comments up to be analyzed and published them, he didn't retract them upon learning he was wrong (or has not as far as I know).

It was obvious from the start what this clown was trying to pull off and I'm glad he didn't get away with it.

The clown you speak of is the reason you have a £1.9m cap. I would say thats a free personal gain to your goodselves. Judge comments by all means,but you are not in a position to judge the person.

2 hours ago, SL17 said:

The clown you speak of is the reason you have a £1.9m cap. I would say thats a free personal gain to your goodselves. Judge comments by all means,but you are not in a position to judge the person.

I respect your opinion but I beg to differ...people are judged all the time by their actions.  Actions speak louder than words...deeds speak...and we are all judged by our actions; they help define us....that is why I noted that he has not corrected himself or apologized, these lack of actions also, interestingly, define him (and all of us in this regard).  

We are all judged by our actions, either good or bad, and there is nothing wrong with that.  It happens all the time.

Doing a bit of digging I found this from April/May 2017 on the TWP Website.

Premier Sports To Broadcast The Wolfpack In The UK
(Toronto) All 2017
and 2018 Toronto Wolfpack league matches, home and away, will be broadcast in the UK on Premier Sports. Premier Sports operates via Sky channel 428 (SD) and 462 (HD), Virgin channel 551 and via the Premier Player online. The broadcaster currently holds shows every game from the NRL and a host of magazine programs including Rugby League Back Chat and the NRL Footy Show making it a must have channel for fans of “The Greatest Game.” 

So it was all known about early last year and all TWP were doing was putting out a press release as a reminder. Looks likes Bo Derek's attempts to blame this on the RFL for not telling them before hand or as being the first people who should have released the information about the contract doesn't hold any water either. He truly doesn't come out of this looking anything like competent. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

21 minutes ago, Padge said:

Doing a bit of digging I found this from April/May 2017 on the TWP Website.

Premier Sports To Broadcast The Wolfpack In The UK
(Toronto) All 2017
and 2018 Toronto Wolfpack league matches, home and away, will be broadcast in the UK on Premier Sports. Premier Sports operates via Sky channel 428 (SD) and 462 (HD), Virgin channel 551 and via the Premier Player online. The broadcaster currently holds shows every game from the NRL and a host of magazine programs including Rugby League Back Chat and the NRL Footy Show making it a must have channel for fans of “The Greatest Game.” 

So it was all known about early last year and all TWP were doing was putting out a press release as a reminder. Looks likes Bo Derek's attempts to blame this on the RFL for not telling them before hand or as being the first people who should have released the information about the contract doesn't hold any water either. He truly doesn't come out of this looking anything like competent. 

Have a listen here to the latest podcast they discuss the broadcasting a bit, starts around the 10 minute mark i believe.

http://www.radioyorkshire.co.uk/rlonry/

12 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Have a listen here to the latest podcast they discuss the broadcasting a bit, starts around the 10 minute mark i believe.

That is depressing listening, what a bunch of short-sited idiots spout off about our game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

16 minutes ago, Padge said:

That is depressing listening, what a bunch of short-sited idiots spout off about our game.

lol I like them.

Phil Caplan is clearly the moderator and the rest seem off the cuff...its basically the forum but live....pre TWP as they are missing some Canuck optimism...and DJB bashing of late.

they are on again tonight on talksport2, podcast will be up tomorrow so that's what i will be listening to. I think they will be discuss if they should finally split the game between pro and part timers i believe.

5 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Some interesting points.

If NYC is in the Championship in 2019, will clubs block any TV deal?

Pessimists don't want TV coverage but if there is one, they want money... fill your stadiums first, then we'll talk about tv money.

2 hours ago, manu266 said:

Some interesting points.

If NYC is in the Championship in 2019, will clubs block any TV deal?

Pessimists don't want TV coverage but if there is one, they want money... fill your stadiums first, then we'll talk about tv money.

I expect any new NA team to pay to play, take no central funding, pay for peoples travel and have their own TV deal like we currently do as it is absolutely necessary to show every game to get some exposure in the NA market. 

Current SKY deal expires in 2021 so by then there is likely to be 2-3 NA teams in SL and we can bring a TV deal to the table then. Having two teams in two separate divisions just doesn't scream NA TV deal to me

3 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

I expect any new NA team to pay to play, take no central funding, pay for peoples travel and have their own TV deal like we currently do as it is absolutely necessary to show every game to get some exposure in the NA market. 

Current SKY deal expires in 2021 so by then there is likely to be 2-3 NA teams in SL and we can bring a TV deal to the table then. Having two teams in two separate divisions just doesn't scream NA TV deal to me

Two very big cances of that happening, 

LITTLE and NONE.

We are all entitled to our own opinion, I will base mine on what I percieve to be reality, yours is based on what Mr Krzzy?

1 hour ago, Copa said:

The thread that keeps on giving..

You are dead right mate, from the begining of this thread I had no doubt whatsoever that the game would be televised, albeit I hoped it would be geoblocked in the UK for reasons that I already mentioned. 

But, it is being kept going by those who have been proven correct who just want to keep wallowing in their self esteem, its over, done with, not "look what I have found now" talk about crawling up the pants leg of tedium! 

I should not really have answered Mr Krzzy, I wouldn't have had it still been on the OP topic.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Two very big cances of that happening, 

LITTLE and NONE.

We are all entitled to our own opinion, I will base mine on what I percieve to be reality, yours is based on what Mr Krzzy?

I don't want to be overly presumptuous over what Krzzy might think, but its fairly reasonable to speculate that by the next world cup there will be a fair number of NA sides throughout the RFL based on what we have to go on.

First, we know other applications are in the works. There's the NYC team wanting to play out of redbull arena. There's also several touted Perez linked  options in Canada and the USA.

Secondly, direction of travel seems to be going that way. Pearson's interview clearly suggests NA is where the top of the club game is hoping to go - particularly from a commercial perspective. This is further supported on the international front by the 2025 WC and the Denver Game. 

This does make the discussion of TV contracts all the more important.

Archived