Leigh threaten to bar Premier Sports

29 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't want to be overly presumptuous over what Krzzy might think, but its fairly reasonable to speculate that by the next world cup there will be a fair number of NA sides throughout the RFL based on what we have to go on.

First, we know other applications are in the works. There's the NYC team wanting to play out of redbull arena. There's also several touted Perez linked  options in Canada and the USA.

Secondly, direction of travel seems to be going that way. Pearson's interview clearly suggests NA is where the top of the club game is hoping to go - particularly from a commercial perspective. This is further supported on the international front by the 2025 WC and the Denver Game. 

This does make the discussion of TV contracts all the more important.

Hi Tommy, granted there is a lot of speculation, but it is just that speculation apart from NYC, can you point me to anything official from any other party?

Secondly Mr Pearsons interview, I did write previously that the mention of overseas did have various connotations which depending on your mindset could be construed differently, from Mr Pearson saying "we're meeting Toronto next week if they are serious about coming into SL" he continued then with another 20 more words on the subject, out of 10 columns over 2 pages, not really pressing the issue would you not agree, but enough to get a rapturous collective Hoorah from those who wish to grasp every little snippet, FWIW I am not against expansion, but I would prefer it is done in way to suit everyone those existing and those prospective new clubs, not by a leap of faith into the unknown.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Two very big cances of that happening, 

LITTLE and NONE.

We are all entitled to our own opinion, I will base mine on what I percieve to be reality, yours is based on what Mr Krzzy?

TWP will be in SL for next year (on sporting merit), there are at least 2 franchises looking to start in 2019 and another 1-2 in 2020 and I believe that at least one of them will be in SL come 2021...1+1=2  add another 1 that equals 3...crazy I know but you can Google it.

Anyway you are right this isn't in line with the OP so we will wait until  we get some news regarding the structure and NA expansion teams before we continue this discussion.

58 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

TWP will be in SL for next year (on sporting merit), there are at least 2 franchises looking to start in 2019 and another 1-2 in 2020 and I believe that at least one of them will be in SL come 2021...1+1=2  add another 1 that equals 3...crazy I know but you can Google it.

Anyway you are right this isn't in line with the OP so we will wait until  we get some news regarding the structure and NA expansion teams before we continue this discussion.

Good call, we shall wait, but even on your opening sentance I will disagree.

get back in your box Beaumont. God I hope Toronto/Leigh Rejects stiff you home & away. And all the other pea brained chairmen & fans - TW dont have many away fans but you get more home fans. Cue folk saying their fans are far too sophisticated to be taken in by 13 people masquerading as Canadians - go back 12 months for the same misinformed flannel from their League 1 counterparts

5 hours ago, Rascal Bongo Stork said:

get back in your box Beaumont. God I hope Toronto/Leigh Rejects stiff you home & away. And all the other pea brained chairmen & fans - TW dont have many away fans but you get more home fans. Cue folk saying their fans are far too sophisticated to be taken in by 13 people masquerading as Canadians - go back 12 months for the same misinformed flannel from their League 1 counterparts

Your point being?

my point being Beaumont et al are fantastically short sighted & downright ignorant. If a common fan last year knew about Premier & their agreed coverage of Toronto then the Championship chairmen are displaying spectacular ignorance of their sport. Also can not Derek have picked up a phone & double checked his facts - naaaah. Let us see how Leighs crowd v TO stacks up against what they got against last years relagated teams. The likes of Beaumont are why RL doesnt progress

On 1/10/2018 at 6:29 AM, Copa said:

The thread that keeps on giving..

Not any more.

I think 38 pages is more than enough.

There must be something else worth talking about...?

Locked (finally).

Archived