Local Press Coverage of TWP

RobertAM

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Here's a potted history of The Gurkhas when fighting with the British army. I believe they have won more VCs than any other regiment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/goodlife/11557991/A-short-history-of-the-Gurkhas.html

You should try their food rations sometime DP...curried this and curried that! 

I remember reading somewhere that during the Falklands war the Gurkhas used less ammo during engagements than other units preferring to employ the Kukri and this led to the Argentinians basically just giving up rather than engaging them. Incredible soldiers.

29 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I remember reading somewhere that during the Falklands war the Gurkhas used less ammo during engagements than other units preferring to employ the Kukri and this led to the Argentinians basically just giving up rather than engaging them. Incredible soldiers.

It’s mentioned in the link I put above Rob that the Argies didn’t want to face the Gurkhas.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 8/29/2018 at 2:02 PM, krakauer said:

Spotted TWP ad on Imgur:

image.png.468ee91fe43e986990fafd1e01d1f352.png

I've seen a few ads pop up, like this, too.  However, this isn't necessarily indicative of the widespread exposure a website like Imgur might otherwise imply.

Ad networks, in this case DoubleClick I believe, do a ton of contextual and behavioural targeting based on tracking you as an individual and your unique browsing/viewing behaviour.  Watch a few rugby league videos on YouTube, while logged in to Google (which owns DoubleClick), have a cookie or two from browsing websites like TotalRL or the TWP homepage, and they'll notice this and start serving you rugby related ads..

That said, depending on how they have set up and added other keywords/metadata to the campaign, perhaps anyone looking at the Air Transat, Teksavvy, Ticketmaster, or other Toronto sports teams websites might start seeing these, which would be a big deal in terms of getting new people into the game.

Archived