Season Ticket still not arrived

HirstyRam

Hi all does anyone know if anyone at the club tomorrow? I bought my dad a surprise Christmas present, a season ticket, the surprise is he’s never recieved it! Very disappointed is an under-statement as obviously the post from Dewsbury to mirfield has to travel a huge distance! It’s pretty poor service, as a life long supporter I thought this would be a fantastic gift;for my dad, I originally ordered a coat in November but was emailed to tell me it wouldn’t be ready until mid-Jan, so I thought a season ticket would be the ideal surprise gift, but still not arrived, and no one answering at the club, as I no longer live in the area iv3 decided to drive back to dewsbur6 and collect bu5 don’t know when the club is open can anyone let me know? Thanks a very very disappointed fan!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year..

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

5 hours ago, HirstyRam said:

Hi all does anyone know if anyone at the club tomorrow? I bought my dad a surprise Christmas present, a season ticket, the surprise is he’s never recieved it! Very disappointed is an under-statement as obviously the post from Dewsbury to mirfield has to travel a huge distance! It’s pretty poor service, as a life long supporter I thought this would be a fantastic gift;for my dad, I originally ordered a coat in November but was emailed to tell me it wouldn’t be ready until mid-Jan, so I thought a season ticket would be the ideal surprise gift, but still not arrived, and no one answering at the club, as I no longer live in the area iv3 decided to drive back to dewsbur6 and collect bu5 don’t know when the club is open can anyone let me know? Thanks a very very disappointed fan!

Hirsty lad thought you were a cod head now?! Scrap the lambs and watch the dogs. Dogga will pay you in!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

5 hours ago, HirstyRam said:

So sorry to hear that.That's why I don't buy merchandise from my club(Oldham).Our club have a bit very good reputation where merchandise is concerned. It stinks of bad customer service to the max.I'd be getting in touch with my local newspaper if I was you.I'm gutted for you,hope you can get it sorted out. All the best mate.

Hi HirstyRam,

Sorry that you've had issues.

The merchandise, beyond replica shirts and a small selection of lesuirewear, is produced and supplied externally. 

The 2018 leisurewear range was placed on sale by our supplier at the start of December and there was a deadline of 12th December to guarantee delivery before Christmas. Did you order from here or directly from the club?

Sorry as well that the delivery of the season ticket has been delayed. Usually, season tickets are available to buy and collect in person. Did you order over the phone? Can you let me know what was discussed in terms of delivery dates, so I can discuss it with the relevant people at the club?

The office opening times are on the official website here. There's also a form on that page for you to contact the club if it's out of hours or nobody is available to answer the phone. In instances when you can't make contact, I'd recommend filling out the form, as it sends email copies to office staff, other club staff and myself.

I can then give the relevant person a nudge to contact you if there's a delay.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom

14 minutes ago, Tom Coates said:

Hi HirstyRam,

The merchandise, beyond replica shirts and a small selection of lesuirewear, is produced and supplied externally. 

The 2018 leisurewear range was placed on sale by our supplier at the start of December and there was a deadline of 12th December to guarantee delivery before Christmas. Did you order from here or directly from the club?

Sorry as well that the delivery of the season ticket has been delayed. Usually, season tickets are available to buy and collect in person. Did you order over the phone? Can you let me know what was discussed in terms of delivery dates, so I can discuss it with the relevant people at the club?

The office opening times are on the official website here. There's also a form on that page for you to contact the club if it's out of hours or nobody is available to answer the phone. In instances when you can't make contact, I'd recommend filling out the form, as it sends email copies to office staff, other club staff and myself.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom

Any urgency you can bring to these issues would be a massive bonus.  If you add this to the mess that was my attempt at giving to squad-builder then its really disappointing.  We are all working too hard to have these gaffs keep setting the club back

Hi Tom, yes we ordered through the supplier before the deadline date but recieved an email to say they wouldn’t be able to fulfill the order before January, so we phoned the club and ordered a season ticket to be posted to my dads who lives in mirfield, I no longer live in the area, it was disappointing enough that the lady said she couldn’t send me a separate receipt to my address it had to go to my dads, words beyond belief, as I wasn’t bothered about extra costs for stamps, I have emailed and phoned continuously but no reply, extremely annoyed and very disappointed

36 minutes ago, NickD said:

Hi Tom

Any urgency you can bring to these issues would be a massive bonus.  If you add this to the mess that was my attempt at giving to squad-builder then its really disappointing.  We are all working too hard to have these gaffs keep setting the club back

Agreed. Trying my best to improve platforms for communication and contribution.

Tom

34 minutes ago, HirstyRam said:

Hi Tom, yes we ordered through the supplier before the deadline date but recieved an email to say they wouldn’t be able to fulfill the order before January, so we phoned the club and ordered a season ticket to be posted to my dads who lives in mirfield, I no longer live in the area, it was disappointing enough that the lady said she couldn’t send me a separate receipt to my address it had to go to my dads, words beyond belief, as I wasn’t bothered about extra costs for stamps, I have emailed and phoned continuously but no reply, extremely annoyed and very disappointed

Thanks. Will speak to supplier to find out what the issue is.

I've received your contact form through. Let me know if you don't hear anything back.

Tom

3 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

Hi HirstyRam,

Thanks,

Tom

A kick or rocket up the ass would be more applicable mate. 

Hard for the club to go forward

When the driver has their foot hard down on the brake, and single handedly holding the gear stick in reverse. 

12 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Nobody has replaced Angela (definitely the wrong person to release), but I gather there was no intention to do so either. 

well, I guess we are seeing the results then....

15 hours ago, NickD said:

well, I guess we are seeing the results then....

I'm sorry to say Nick, that that is so and I cannot see any improvement on the horizon.

I understand that letters were sent to members of the Squadbuilder informing them of the meeting prior to the shirt launch evening. I never received mine, but I just wonder why information of this meeting was not sent by email; now there again, unless there has been nothing to report, I have not received any recently.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On purchasing my season ticket i also donated a reasonable amount for squadbuilder ,as i did last year

What's this membership business.?i never get any info from the club,.

I am not that bothered about that,it just shows the state of rl at our level.

My dad has still not recieved his now not-a-surprise season ticket, the wife finally got in touch with someone at the club today to be told it had been posted out and we had been emailed explaining, but we still have not recieved either the season ticket or an email, as a business I post things all round the UK with no problems, I feel the club do not wish to have our custom, the customer service is appalling, Thankyou Tom for trying to get someone to respond but head In the sand comes to mind, not a great advertisement for the club I have supported as a boy, and my dad and Grandad also!

37 minutes ago, HirstyRam said:

My dad has still not recieved his now not-a-surprise season ticket, the wife finally got in touch with someone at the club today to be told it had been posted out and we had been emailed explaining, but we still have not recieved either the season ticket or an email, as a business I post things all round the UK with no problems, I feel the club do not wish to have our custom, the customer service is appalling, Thankyou Tom for trying to get someone to respond but head In the sand comes to mind, not a great advertisement for the club I have supported as a boy, and my dad and Grandad also!

I'm absolutely gutted for you mate.You've been badly let down by an ineffective and pretty ###### service. I work for an online retailer and if this happened to one of our customers then someone would be getting fired.I hate the fact that you feel as though the club doesn't want your custom,a club you've supported since you were little along with your family. Best of luck getting it sorted mate.

But the club isn't an "online retailer".............it's a PART-TIME Rugby League club in Dewsbury with financial restraints, to say the least................... If it helps anyone, I spoke with VIVIAN yesterday (Friday) and she advised me that she is there Monday, Wednesday & Friday (i.e. Part Time).............. Whilst I understand Hirsty Ram's frustrations, I think airing our dirty washing in public doesn't do the club any favours -- Mark Sawyer and many others are trying their damnedest to keep the club afloat and inviting criticism from 'outsiders' can't give those people any encouragement..............on a positive note, see the website for news of an addition to the media team      (another volunteer  BTW)

As a lifelong supporter of Dewsbury rams I find it very disturbing with what's happening at the club.

I was talking to someone before Christmas who said he'd been trying to get in touch with the club to book a box for boxing day,to no avail. I told him you can go o our website and do it on their,his word were,I don't do internet,it's money we can ill afford to lose. There was another supporter that filled a application form in for a season ticket to pay direct debit,they didn't fill it in correctly and Viv practically threw it back at them.

The stuff I hear and what I see for myself is worrying,if Mark Sawyer doesn't do something about it,well god knows what will happen. We've got some good people at the club that volunteer there time,then you've got a certain person that to me is dragging the club down. Is Mark Sawyer aware of what's going on?

Speak as you find!!!

Personally I haven't had any problems with that 'certain person' I have always found her to be pleasant and courteous ........  I think the big problem there is role definition and organisation .... just really who should do what.... and are there efficient processes in place for effective business management ???  

In business you snooze, you lose

You've to be energetic, enthusiastic, tireless in covering every angle, with forward planning for games, sponsorship, organising the little things behind the scenes.. The bread & butter stuff that makes a difference. 

On boxing day if someone left the office it ground to a halt as nobody then knew what was happening.. There lays the problem 

You cannot have everything going through 1 person, when you question or suggest a new approach all you get is "we don't do it that way" 

This is 21st century we need to get with savvy and put rubber on the wheel, engines on planes, and do away with slaves rowing the ships.. 

One person is not enough, part time is not enough, doing things ar.se about t.it

Forward planning is needed, a plan is needed, a direction is needed.. A level of professionalism is desperately needed. 

Cos it just ain't working as it is

I'm a believer in "if it's not broken don't fix it" 

Time to call a mechanic I think 

In all walks of life responsibility lies with the leadership. Blaming someone down the pecking order is failing to address the real problem.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Could anyone forward me mark sawyers number as I really would like to speak to him personally, I don’t get to many Rams games these days simply due to work commitments and the all round trip from Home to the stadium, but I still constantly follow the team as I have done for 35years!!!!! My heart is with our team, I do not think I was airing the dirty washing, was simply asking for help as no one at the club as responded to my calls/emails etc, apart from Tom who is a volunteer and has tried his best to help me out, would you not be concerned therein73 if you had purchased a season ticket for your father for Christmas has a surprise present and it did not arrive and no one would respond to your concerns, yes the club isnt an online retailer, and the way its performing will never able to do this!!! But generally in any business good customer service is essential for any business to prosper and move forward, it has now been several weeks since I forked out over £100 for my dads surprise Christmas present but still it has not been received I believe it has not even been sent, if the club struggle to post from Dewsbury to mirfield, how can the club ever move forward!! There was never a problem for me to pay for any additional costs in sending it  from Dewsbury to mirfield and.was happy to pay to make sure he recieved the gift! The major issue is and I have to admit I am now totally disgusted that no one from the club can return my calls or emails I really do feel I should take the day off and visit the club or even worse talk to the Dewsbury reporter!!! As a family we have followed this PARTTIME CLUB for a bloody hell of along time and have put plenty of volunteer time in, in the past at both the new stadium, at batley and at old crown flat! I do not want to drag the club through the mud but serious frustration as now taken over!!!!

You only have to look at the list of staff the club has listed in the programme. It is very short indeed.

I maybe wrong but we don’t have 1 single full time employee. All, including the coach are part time and volunteers ( who do a great job). Several seasons ago we had upwards of 4 or 5 full time employees with players who double as development officers and office staff.

Are we not meant to be in reasonable health financially and with the new developments?we now have something to sell/market - hire of pitches, bars and rooms for events, boxes, sponsorship, car boot, what happened to the work in schools and study centre ??.

Surely a full time person (to do marketing/sales and an an administrator is within our means and is a must??

Has the club got plans for the £100k it has had donated? Maybe some of that money could be allocated to this?

rambo.gif

Archived