Law cup week ?

roughyed34

Happy days the Rugby is back. Looking forward to this one,be nice to see our ex players and those that have swapped to the better side,always fun at the neighbours. Hope as usual we have a good following at Spotland. Let's do this! Up the Yeds!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to seeing how our boys fair in this one and it will be interesting to see how the pack stands up against a Championship side.  Love to get a win but think it is more important to see us play well and look organised, which I think our halfbacks will do.  Bringing Crook in could well be the catalyst that brings out the best in "Chewy" and if that is the case then he could well be the one to watch this season.

Can't wait for Sunday and I'm hoping the Grandsons will be there too

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Had to miss three games last year due to family commitments.  Despite having fun, I was Mr Grouchy during the time the games were on.

I'm planning on being at every game this year, come rain or shine.  My personal finances are a bit tight so I may have to resort to some interesting methods of getting to games.  I've even dusted off my bike!

Anyway, those of us that can make it will be at Spotland before you know it, only four more sleeps! 

As Tony Mac says, I'm hoping the experience of Crook can allow Chewy to do his thing, like that try against Barrow in 2015.  If the pack can live up to expectations and set up field position, let's hope the ball can find its way out to the flanks and allow the wingers to fill their boots. 

who do we reckon will be full back for this game?  Nield would be the steady and safe option with Ecclestone and Johnson on the wings seems the obvious option.

Pack seems to pick itself at the minute but looking forward to seeing how Jones and Nelmes get on

Might see a bit of swap and change in the backs to see what works.  I reckon Johnson will start at full-back with Holmes and Ecclestone on the wings.  Reid and Rasool look like being the centres.  

No idea about the forwards.  Despite having a smallish squad, there will be a lot of competition for places in the pack and we may see a lot of rotation as the season progresses.

I'm so looking forward to pouring over the team selection every week.  Is it Sunday yet :)

I think Johnstone will play fb and Holmes, Eccleston on the wing as well. We are short of options in the backs but have a glut of forwards. 

Something like.. 

Johnson, Holmes, Rasool, Reid, Eccleston, Crook, Hewitt, Neal, Hughes, Joy, Langtree, Briscoe, Bridge 

And a good luck at all the new faces ?

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could walk it from Oldham !

I've realised that I can get a direct train to Rochdale and then the tram to Holinwood followed by Shanks' Pony to Whitebank Road.  If I book the tickets in advance it's cheaper than fuel for the car.  I think.  

Might do that a few times this year.

Just now, Dave Naylor said:

I've realised that I can get a direct train to Rochdale and then the tram to Holinwood followed by Shanks' Pony to Whitebank Road.  If I book the tickets in advance it's cheaper than fuel for the car.  I think.  

Might do that a few times this year.

Yeah you could do that. Just don't do it on Sunday,  the game's at Spotland.

3 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Forever ago I turned up for a midweek game at Bramley only to find there were houses where the ground used to be.  I sat in my car staring in disbelief for a while until some bloke told me to get over to Headingley.

We often went to away matches without knowing where the ground was (pre internet!) and would look for floodlights or follow another car with fans in if we spotted them.  I remember following one car with a driver in a red and white shirt for 15 mins before we realised it wasn't an Oldham shirt...

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived