Dewsbury v Wolfpack

Devon Ram

13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'm sure that you are correct CS, I would enjoy it. However my other half is no lover of RL, or any other sport for that matter, and the cost of such an excursion for we two is the significant obstacle yet to be overcome. Maybe another year?

Aha, the dreaded non-sporting spousal unit.  It seems we will have to come to you...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'm sure that you are correct CS, I would enjoy it. However my other half is no lover of RL, or any other sport for that matter, and the cost of such an excursion for we two is the significant obstacle yet to be overcome. Maybe another year?

Halve your cost - leave her (or him - we mustn't make assumptions these days) at home.

Simple.

What you find when you get home may be more difficult...

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I'll fourth that. Season loans or month long loans have been part of our game, but the current situation is a farce. The Championship shouldn't be just an opportunity for SL players to keep match fit.

Wrong thread possibly, or are you being metaphysical?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I believe the crowd that attended the TWP vs Leigh match was about 5500 and I am told that is a good crowd for Leigh.  If so this continues a trend last year where clubs usually had their largest crowds with TWP. 

TWP should be contacted (which might have happened already at the club level) as they can set up a booth to sell merchandise and give some of the proceeds to the club.  It was quite successful last year apparently.

3 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

I believe the crowd that attended the TWP vs Leigh match was about 5500 and I am told that is a good crowd for Leigh.  If so this continues a trend last year where clubs usually had their largest crowds with TWP. 

TWP should be contacted (which might have happened already at the club level) as they can set up a booth to sell merchandise and give some of the proceeds to the club.  It was quite successful last year apparently.

Last time they were in the Championship, 2016, their average was around 4250 with a high of just over 10500. Last season in SL they averaged around 6300. 

16 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Last time they were in the Championship, 2016, their average was around 4250 with a high of just over 10500. Last season in SL they averaged around 6300. 

If my memory is correct, that crowd of 10500 was against Batley.

The travelling Bulldog supporters made all the difference. :smile:

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Coates not sure what the budget is for each game to spend on publicity but i thought it might be a good idea to contact the Metro newspaper to get a quote on putting a advert in for the Wolfpack game, if funds are available one in the London paper plus the Northern edition also Rugby Leaguer.

It seems the London Metro would be worth it due to the fact the biggest Canadian Ex pats are in the South East plus you get somebody gets on a train in London takes a free Metro gets off say Newcastle leaves paper on the train somebody further up the line picks it up you got two people see the advert.

I hope this has giving you a few ideas to think about. I note the attendance at Halifax was 2,036

On 05/01/2018 at 11:34 AM, Cameron Highlander said:

Gav Wilson at York was the driving force behind the promotion/marketing/advertising effort for their game against TWP.

Reckon best signing we could make would be yer man Gav Wilson. 

I see they had 4500 in yesterday for game against Bulls.  He certainly knows what’s what I reckon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know what the attendance was at yesterdays game Swinton v Wolfpack? i understand they had a few tricks up there sleeves to attract extra support plus used the social media.

I hope it was a decent turn out even with the bad weather.

13 minutes ago, Devon Ram said:

Does anybody know what the attendance was at yesterdays game Swinton v Wolfpack? i understand they had a few tricks up there sleeves to attract extra support plus used the social media.

I hope it was a decent turn out even with the bad weather.

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom Coates said:

Ignore the pricing. That's all to be decided.

Just on the poster as an example of lay-out.

Looking good Tom. Well done.   Get some decent prices out now.  £10 to stand.  £12 seating.  £2 all kids.  

Once done get onto that guy from York for a few tips.  

I know Gav at York and he does a fantastic job.

I don't think the techniques used are particularly big secrets - get the pricing right and promote the match to local people and Rugby League supporters who don't have another game to watch.

The Knights had the city of York to go at and a brand new, unbeaten team visiting them. The circumstances are slightly different for us, but we should be confident about attracting a good attendance.

The game currently clashes with home games for Wakefield, Huddersfield and Castleford, although I am not sure what is possible in terms of rearrangement for a different day, but I think we need to target Super League supporters.

I am in the early stages of a longer term strategy to engage better with our local community clubs (using the tools I have) and it's certainly my intention as a media volunteer to try and rally the local RL community behind the match.

We'll also have something to announce on Wednesday that will have a big bearing on the marketing of this game and the rest of the games this season. Stay tuned!

Tom

Archived