Dewsbury v Wolfpack

Devon Ram

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, NickD said:

Come come BSJ. I’m sure you’ve hundreds of friends. Some of them quite nice.  

Do you mean real ones or those that live in my head Nick? (All of the rest of my friends are very sensible and already have season tickets, of course.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just in case some of we ST holders manage to find a friend in time, could someone clarify what the mechanism is for this?

Do we simply go to the turnstile with said friend or do we need to go to the office/shop in order to get the tickets? Similarly how do the SL  & Championship ST holders get their tickets? (I'm not bothered about Canadian passport holders - overpaid and over here!)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Just in case some of we ST holders manage to find a friend in time, could someone clarify what the mechanism is for this?

Do we simply go to the turnstile with said friend or do we need to go to the office/shop in order to get the tickets? Similarly how do the SL  & Championship ST holders get their tickets? (I'm not bothered about Canadian passport holders - overpaid and over here!)

Your greatest wish is about to come true Blindsider...THE CANADIANS ARE COMING!

Any predictions?

22 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

A very good point BSJ. If it isn't clear to all concerned , turnstile ops.for example .

It could be chaos if a ticket isn't required.

15 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Your greatest wish is about to come true Blindsider...THE CANADIANS ARE COMING!

Any predictions?

Not even in my top 100 greatest wishes KM; my life isn't really that sad, despite the impression that I might give.

I have many predictions:

Tomorrow the sun will rise in the East.

When Batley lose their next match it will undoubtedly be the referee's fault.

Toronto won't get promoted to SL this season.

Dewsbury will lose on Sunday,

and I shall be there watching.

How many of these will turn out to be true, do you reckon?

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not even in my top 100 greatest wishes KM; my life isn't really that sad, despite the impression that I might give.

I have many predictions:

Tomorrow the sun will rise in the East.

When Batley lose their next match it will undoubtedly be the referee's fault.

Toronto won't get promoted to SL this season.

Dewsbury will lose on Sunday,

and I shall be there watching.

How many of these will turn out to be true, do you reckon?

I knew you would have a great retort.

1. True

2. Always someone elses fault.  Sad really this constant blaming of the ref.

3. It will be interesting to see.  Many people with a great deal of RL knowledge don't think it will happen so I give that some weight.  I believe Toronto has a legitimate shot of moving up but it will be difficult....Toulouse looks very strong and Toronto can beat them but will have to beat the top of their game on that day in question.  I think Toronto today could beat Hull KR and probably a couple of other lower SL teams....but we will see.

4.  Not touching that one...expecting a tough game ...looking forward to a cracker of a match against the Rams.

5.  Yes you will be there, I'll watch for you on TV.

So you are probably at least 4 for 5; pretty good!

On 04/04/2018 at 5:09 PM, Piggy's mate said:

It says on the Dewsbury Twitter feed not to worry if you don't have a friend they'll find you one....

Well we can't call on the puppy fans till they get a few

Oh sorry that's all theres left

It could be Coolie btw :girlglasses:

11 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:
On 04/04/2018 at 5:09 PM, Piggy's mate said:

It says on the Dewsbury Twitter feed not to worry if you don't have a friend they'll find you one....

Well we can't call on the puppy fans till they get a few

Oh sorry that's all theres left

I don't understand a word of that Tranquiliser... but I feel you reaching out for that elusive friend you don't have....

Never fear I'll step up to the mark....

And ask Coolie for you :scout:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Aware that theirs only a few days to the game but did anybody in the media office try or find a way to get into the Canadian Expats meet up group membership about 3 thou or Inter-nations Expats in Leeds membership same about 3 thou.

Both groups closed so i couldn't  get the poster up loaded or find a E-Mail address to post it to so did anybody else have better luck?

Aware that theirs only a few days to the game but did anybody in the media office try or find a way to get into the Canadian Expats meet up group membership about 3 thou or Inter-nations Expats in Leeds membership same about 3 thou.

Both groups closed so i couldn't  get the poster up loaded or find a E-Mail address to post it to so did anybody else have better luck?

I note the Dogs had 1,151 for the Wolfpack game.

On 10 April 2018 at 12:45 PM, Kayakman said:

I knew you would have a great retort.

1. True

2. Always someone elses fault.  Sad really this constant blaming of the ref.

3. It will be interesting to see.  Many people with a great deal of RL knowledge don't think it will happen so I give that some weight.  I believe Toronto has a legitimate shot of moving up but it will be difficult....Toulouse looks very strong and Toronto can beat them but will have to beat the top of their game on that day in question.  I think Toronto today could beat Hull KR and probably a couple of other lower SL teams....but we will see.

4.  Not touching that one...expecting a tough game ...looking forward to a cracker of a match against the Rams.

5.  Yes you will be there, I'll watch for you on TV.

So you are probably at least 4 for 5; pretty good!

Doubt you'll see South Standers on TV as it is likely that the broadcasting platform and cameras will be on that side, thus shoving supporters either side of it. Think you'd better fly over to see BSJ in person.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

29 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Doubt you'll see South Standers on TV as it is likely that the broadcasting platform and cameras will be on that side, thus shoving supporters either side of it. Think you'd better fly over to see BSJ in person.

Once they hear that the Blindsider is present an in the South Stand they will change their camera positions...just even to get a shot of the wild half dressed women surrounding and frolicking around him will send the ratings thru the roof!

I'll be watching for that party animal!

3 hours ago, Devon Ram said:

What a great idea!

8 minutes ago, jeff the ex ref said:

Does anyone know whether the free ticket  for adult season ticket holders also applies to holders of concessionary season tickets.

Yes, it still applies for concession season tickets too.

More the question.. 

If it's televised.. 

Will the old codgers & coffin dodgers 

From their usual place on the southstand?? 

Looking at Batley's game last week

The (TV gantry).. 

Was nothing much than a bit of scaffolding & bamboo.. 

And that's not Batley's ground I'm describing ;)

7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Once they hear that the Blindsider is present an in the South Stand they will change their camera positions...just even to get a shot of the wild half dressed women surrounding and frolicking around him will send the ratings thru the roof!

I'll be watching for that party animal!

I've never heard Coolie and Crown Flatter described as 'wild half dressed women' before - not even by Piggy's Mate. And as for them 'frolicking around' BSJ... the mind boggles.

Is this what passes for entertainment on Canadian TV?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

12 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

I've never heard Coolie and Crown Flatter described as 'wild half dressed women' before - not even by Piggy's Mate. And as for them 'frolicking around' BSJ... the mind boggles.

Is this what passes for entertainment on Canadian TV?

Correct...I've been watching Coronation Street!

I had a moment to skip away from my work and hop onto the forum.  On perusing this thread I will only say that it boggles my mind a bit..... but I do hope the game is well attended.  I really liked the slogan on the poster.

But the thread above this one at my time of writing seems to indicate that the Rams are in a bit of a state of flux at the moment - I hope that does not affect public perception of the squad and cause them to be disinterested.

On 12/04/2018 at 12:24 PM, Kayakman said:

Correct...I've been watching Coronation Street!

That's what you get from watching stuff from t'other side o'Pennines in Lancashire. 

If tha's ne'er been - dooant. Ther a bit odd tha ' nos ovver in Lancashire. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

24 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

That's what you get from watching stuff from t'other side o'Pennines in Lancashire. 

If tha's ne'er been - dooant. Ther a bit odd tha ' nos ovver in Lancashire. 

I'm working on the geography....I'm trying!  Come on Man, cut us some slack over here, we are fighting on the front lines of Rugby League in new territory and trying to hold it every day!

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I'm working on the geography....I'm trying!  Come on Man, cut us some slack over here, we are fighting on the front lines of Rugby League in new territory and trying to hold it every day!

Carry on with the good work. See if you can get more to post in this forum.. The more the merrier. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived