Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Devon Ram

Dewsbury v Wolfpack

Recommended Posts

Can Batley season ticket holders get in for a fiver?


Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Can Batley season ticket holders get in for a fiver?

After a conversation with Paul Harrison Batley are running the same offer to Dewsbury fan's, so I'd say the offer is active for Batley fans at dewsbury, but you have to go to reception show your Batley season ticket and you will be presented with a ticket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Can Batley season ticket holders get in for a fiver?

No, 'cos they'll all be at MP watching the 'Dogs play Toulouse.


Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

No, 'cos they'll all be at MP watching the 'Dogs play Toulouse.

Thought that was on the Saturday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Devon Ram said:

Thought that was on the Saturday?

You may be right, DR.

I was only going by the fixture list on the 'Dogs' website which suggests Toulouse are playing at Batley on 15/04/2018.


Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2018 at 5:30 PM, NickD said:

Looking good Tom. Well done.   Get some decent prices out now.  £10 to stand.  £12 seating.  £2 all kids.  

Once done get onto that guy from York for a few tips.  

Why would it be a sensible idea to reduce prices on a whim? Do you have a crude calculation to show the benefits Nick?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Why would it be a sensible idea to reduce prices on a whim? Do you have a crude calculation to show the benefits Nick?

Nope. You’re right BSJ.  Whack em up. That’ll always help get new people in. I can only apologise. I did chemistry and biology at college. Economics wasn’t on my radar in those days though I have often thought as I got older that it would have been interesting subject.

Edited by NickD
Spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NickD said:

Nope. You’re right BSJ.  Whack em up. That’ll always help get new people in. I can only apologise. I did chemistry and biology at college. Economics wasn’t on my radar in those days though I have often thought as I got older that it would have been interesting subject.

Now come on Nick, where did I say that prices should be increased?

You don't need economics, just simple maths, to calculate the impact of a price reduction and the gate increase required to recover this. On the other hand, if you are one of those who believe that a one-off exposure to the pleasure of watching our team will result in a lifetime's devotion, then I understand your reasoning, if not your logic.

There are interesting discussions to have on pricing but, when the numbers involved are low, the room for such simple speculation on behalf of the club is limited to say the least.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Now come on Nick, where did I say that prices should be increased?

You don't need economics, just simple maths, to calculate the impact of a price reduction and the gate increase required to recover this. On the other hand, if you are one of those who believe that a one-off exposure to the pleasure of watching our team will result in a lifetime's devotion, then I understand your reasoning, if not your logic.

There are interesting discussions to have on pricing but, when the numbers involved are low, the room for such simple speculation on behalf of the club is limited to say the least.

Difficult one. I see Nick's point - it would be nice to offer some kind of inducement to attract the canadian ex pats in the area, and generate a good crowd, but I suppose that might not be a huge number in this neck of the woods (although I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to leave Canada for the glories of the heavy woollen). Unfortunately though, I think uncommited locals wouldn't come and watch the Rams anymore than they'd watch Batley - even if they got in for nowt.:rolleyes:


Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

 

George Bernard Shaw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Difficult one. I see Nick's point - it would be nice to offer some kind of inducement to attract the canadian ex pats in the area, and generate a good crowd, but I suppose that might not be a huge number in this neck of the woods (although I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to leave Canada for the glories of the heavy woollen). Unfortunately though, I think uncommited locals wouldn't come and watch the Rams anymore than they'd watch Batley - even if they got in for nowt.:rolleyes:

All Canadian passport holders get in for a fiver?

Although the only Canadian passport holder I know about works in Threadneedle Street, and should be able to afford the full entry price, and buy everyone in the North Stand a bottle of San Miguel.

  • Haha 1

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 12:48 PM, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

You may be right, DR.

I was only going by the fixture list on the 'Dogs' website which suggests Toulouse are playing at Batley on 15/04/2018.

I thought i had seen it on a web site it was Saturday, now they have announced it on social media its 3pm the Saturday 14/4/2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2018 at 3:23 PM, Tom Coates said:

posterfinal.png

*** Ignore the pricing. Still to be decided ***

Isn't this game creeping up on us??

Might be useful to agree the prices if we are to get the posters out ??

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2018 at 10:06 AM, NickD said:

Isn't this game creeping up on us??

Might be useful to agree the prices if we are to get the posters out ??

Seen the stuff on Twitter.  Well done.  Especially pleased with the prices and know BSJ will be the same.  Fingers crossed it works and we get a few thousand though typically luck doesn’t seem to be on our side with Wakefield, Huddersfield, cas, Bradford, Fax and even the doggies being at home that day.  Most of those SL teams usually done and dusted by Saturday morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NickD said:

Seen the stuff on Twitter.  Well done.  Especially pleased with the prices and know BSJ will be the same.  Fingers crossed it works and we get a few thousand though typically luck doesn’t seem to be on our side with Wakefield, Huddersfield, cas, Bradford, Fax and even the doggies being at home that day.  Most of those SL teams usually done and dusted by Saturday morning. 

If the price reductions get more people through the gate for this one-off then who am I to criticise. However, as a stand-alone tactic it would have no benefit whatsoever, as I have said before.. So, by my crude rule of thumb, if we get a crowd of 1200+ then I would deem it a success; any lower would be questionable.

Now, how do we plan to let the people of Dewsbury/Kirklees/West Yorkshire know that this event is taking place and that it will be an exciting one to attend?


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

If the price reductions get more people through the gate for this one-off then who am I to criticise. However, as a stand-alone tactic it would have no benefit whatsoever, as I have said before.. So, by my crude rule of thumb, if we get a crowd of 1200+ then I would deem it a success; any lower would be questionable.

 

Now that does seem like a very crude calculation BSJ.  Bearing  in mind that many of the rams fans might have season tickets and Toronto would bring nobody anyway might your crude calculation be a bit excessive?  My friend Mr Banana reckons the break even figure is nearer to 983. 

AND if by some miracle one or two newcomers / neutrals are thoroughly entertained by an end to end spectacle then we might get one or two new recruits.  

Edited by NickD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NickD said:

Now that does seem like a very crude calculation BSJ.  Bearing  in mind that many of the rams fans might have season tickets and Toronto would bring nobody anyway might your crude calculation be a bit excessive?  My friend Mr Banana reckons the break even figure is nearer to 983. 

AND if by some miracle one or two newcomers / neutrals are thoroughly entertained by an end to end spectacle then we might get one or two new recruits.  

Did your friend factor in the £5 entrance for season ticket holders from other clubs? We sold fewer than 400 ST's I believe, and what would his estimate have been of the attendance figure without any reductions?

I can get my slide rule out again (yes, I do still have one) if necessary but feel that my estimate is fair.

(It is boring when there are no games to watch, isn't it?)


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the advertisement on page 7 of the league express.

I don't agree with dropping the prices,i'd want a crowd of at least 2000 for letting in some people for a fiver.

R L has huge problems at the moment ,cost of entrance i don't think is one of them.

How ever let's all go to the trans-atlantic rampage on the 15th april. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, silcoates said:

Good to see the advertisement on page 7 of the league express.

I don't agree with dropping the prices,i'd want a crowd of at least 2000 for letting in some people for a fiver.

R L has huge problems at the moment ,cost of entrance i don't think is one of them.

How ever let's all go to the trans-atlantic rampage on the 15th april. 

An interesting experiment is underway I think. Toronto play our illustrious neighbours the week before and they haven't altered their pricing at all (nor undertaken any novel promotion as far as I can see). A comparison of the respective attendances might be enlightening.


Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

An interesting experiment is underway I think. Toronto play our illustrious neighbours the week before and they haven't altered their pricing at all (nor undertaken any novel promotion as far as I can see). A comparison of the respective attendances might be enlightening.

It might BSJ, but it might not. As I’ve already pointed out we have dropped very unlucky with the other fixtures that day. To have so many of our neighbours at home the same afternoon is very unusual and to have the three SL clubs playing Sunday is almost unheard of.  As such I expect floating speccies to be few and far between.  As I said; v bad luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, NickD said:

It might BSJ, but it might not. As I’ve already pointed out we have dropped very unlucky with the other fixtures that day. To have so many of our neighbours at home the same afternoon is very unusual and to have the three SL clubs playing Sunday is almost unheard of.  As such I expect floating speccies to be few and far between.  As I said; v bad luck. 

Oh yes you're right. Conclusions could never be reached from such a simplistic scenario, it was just the general point that I was making.

An added bonus now is to allow ST holders to bring a friend for free. This is a great idea but, of course, no good for you and me as it requires us to have friends to begin with.

 

  • Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Oh yes you're right. Conclusions could never be reached from such a simplistic scenario, it was just the general point that I was making.

An added bonus now is to allow ST holders to bring a friend for free. This is a great idea but, of course, no good for you and me as it requires us to have friends to begin with.

 

Come come BSJ. I’m sure you’ve hundreds of friends. Some of them quite nice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says on the Dewsbury Twitter feed not to worry if you don't have a friend they'll find you one....

 

 

 

It could be Coolie btw :girlglasses:

  • Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Townie.

A.n. other.

Don. Kiddick


'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...