Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus Decimus

The Culture Wars

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Shadow said:

It could get as far as no further action being taken shows we are on a path to authoritatianism.

That my friend is doubleplusungood. 

It starts off this way. Free speech is becoming increasingly restricted unless the views being expressed aligns with the left 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Do I really need to tell you what it means? I’m sure you could google the definition but like I said, it’s not in line with the actions of today’s liberals. 

The first reports about that story does indeed say that she was initially jailed for it 

I did, remember my first link with all those hyperlinks where I asked you which ones were not worthy of support?

And (surprisingly because you're normally meticulous about this) you didn't answer. 

Any chance of a link to the stories where thye claim she was jailed? 

No. Thought not, because there aren't any and you know it.

What do we call it when someone knowingly repeats something wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Can I also just mention the name Tommy Robinson here for good measure

Go on then, mention him.

What context?

Repellent right wing skid marks we should all abhor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

It starts off this way. Free speech is becoming increasingly restricted unless the views being expressed aligns with the left 

No, again the examples you gave previously were not  of free speech being curtailed they were racist rants.

Criticism based on facts, acceptable,

Criticism based on being forrin, not acceptable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Can I also just mention the name Tommy Robinson here for good measure

We all knew that's who you were talking about.  


With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

How many years did he get?

I'd be surprised if he ever sees sunlight again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

One example, the woman who ‘misgendered’ someone 

Mate ... oh, mate ...


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shadow said:

I did, remember my first link with all those hyperlinks where I asked you which ones were not worthy of support?

And (surprisingly because you're normally meticulous about this) you didn't answer. 

Any chance of a link to the stories where thye claim she was jailed? 

No. Thought not, because there aren't any and you know it.

What do we call it when someone knowingly repeats something wrong? 

Your post with the hyperlinks had nothing to do with whether they are worthy of support or not. I didn’t disagree with definition of liberalism either. Stop changing the narrative. I simply said people of today who call themselves liberals don’t fit the definition of liberal. How many times do I need to repeat it?

 

Also here you go:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6687123/Mother-arrested-children-calling-transgender-woman-man.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shadow said:

Go on then, mention him.

What context?

Repellent right wing skid marks we should all abhor? 

A guy who is painted as racist by left leaning media but have no evidence to support that claim. Left leaning BBC made sure to have him removed from social media in typical leftist authoritarian fashion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shadow said:

No, again the examples you gave previously were not  of free speech being curtailed they were racist rants.

Criticism based on facts, acceptable,

Criticism based on being forrin, not acceptable. 

Racist according to who? Leftists? We all know racist has lost its meaning a long time ago due to the willingness of leftists to accuse everyone who don’t share their views of being racist 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

One example, the woman who ‘misgendered’ someone 

Thankfully, not the case, although theoretically she could have been.

The complainant dropped her complaint and so no further action was taken.

Even the Christian pastor who was arrested for street preaching was released later because the police knew they were abusing the law by arresting him in the first place.

However, the Orwellian phone calls do continue.  The ones telling people off for their non-crimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Thankfully, not the case, although theoretically she could have been.

The complainant dropped her complaint and so no further action was taken.

Even the Christian pastor who was arrested for street preaching was released later because the police knew they were abusing the law by arresting him in the first place.

However, the Orwellian phone calls do continue.  The ones telling people off for their non-crimes.

So, between you, have you found anyone who has been jailed?


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

A guy who is painted as racist by left leaning media but have no evidence to support that claim. Left leaning BBC made sure to have him removed from social media in typical leftist authoritarian fashion 

Just because I want to be clear on your magnificence: you think the BBC got Tommy Robinson thrown off Facebook?


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the story of the Catholic journalist may be related to this:   https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/feb/23/child-transgender-service-governor-quits-chaos

Since then, other criticisms have come to light, including criticisms of Mermaids:  https://www.mermaidsuk.org.uk/

The complainant in that case is the CEO of Mermaids and the criticism of the Tavistock centre would have reflected directly onto Mermaids since they are both in favour of transing children and Mermaids directs clients to the GIDS (Tavistock)

Also covered by  https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/221ad284-37b8-11e9-91b6-59033230701b

Here's a follow-up study of people who were diagnosed as gender-dysphoric in their youth:  http://www.sexologytoday.org/2016/01/do-trans-kids-stay-trans-when-they-grow_99.html

I've never read that Sexology site so I'm not vouching for their credibility but they cite the studies so any flaws would lie in the studies, not the Sexology site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Just because I want to be clear on your magnificence: you think the BBC got Tommy Robinson thrown off Facebook?

Some Brit Muslim was claiming the credit for this. He apparently contacted FB execs and included that letter from the MP recommending TR be canned. I'll try to find the names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Farmduck said:

Some Brit Muslim was claiming the credit for this. He apparently contacted FB execs and included that letter from the MP recommending TR be canned. I'll try to find the names.

That still wouldn't be the BBC.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Your post with the hyperlinks had nothing to do with whether they are worthy of support or not. I didn’t disagree with definition of liberalism either. Stop changing the narrative. I simply said people of today who call themselves liberals don’t fit the definition of liberal. How many times do I need to repeat it?

 

Also here you go:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6687123/Mother-arrested-children-calling-transgender-woman-man.html

It had everything to do with whether they are worthy of support because I asked that question in the post.

You have consistently told us how liberals don’t follow that definition, at no point have you told us what definition of liberals you would agree with. 

As a rule of thumb, if it’s in the Daily Mail it’s usually worth fact checking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

That still wouldn't be the BBC.

No he was a part-time presenter on one of the regional BBCs I think. I'll find the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Farmduck said:

No he was a part-time presenter on one of the regional BBCs I think. I'll find the name.

It also sounds a bit like he's trying to claim an impact he didn't have then!

There was a lot surrounding Tommy Robinson on Facebook (as I know you know) before his eventual 'banning'. Not least using the donation button to ensure that funding for his causes arrived in the most opaque way possible.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

A guy who is painted as racist by left leaning media but have no evidence to support that claim. Left leaning BBC made sure to have him removed from social media in typical leftist authoritarian fashion 

No evidence for the founder of the EDL, Muslim attacking convicted violent offender drug taking fraudster being Racist

Doubleplusungood doesn’t even come close.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadow said:

No evidence for the founder of the EDL, Muslim attacking convicted violent offender drug taking fraudster being Racist

Doubleplusungood doesn’t even come close.

 

Look, it's been nice knowing you. You are clearly about to be jailed for irony now.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mohamed Shafiq of the Ramadhan Foundation.

Quote

A Muslim organization, known as the Ramadhan Foundation, is claiming responsibility for Robinson’s ban. In a statement released on their website, CEO and media commentator Mohammed Shafiq said:

“I can reveal I recently held meetings with Facebook representatives in London to discuss the concern of the British Muslim community that Tommy Robinson’s continued presence on Social media was leading to further radicalisation of his supporters and brainwashing them into supporting his racism towards all Muslims.  I want to thank Facebook for their action in banning this individual and their promises to taken serious action against hate speech wherever it comes from.

“I can confirm that the Ramadhan Foundation has reached out to Google and YouTube representatives here in London to push them to take similar action to ban Tommy Robinson and look forward to meeting them in the coming weeks,” Shafiq went on to say.

The MP was Tom Watson, member for Somewhere-on-Something, probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Look, it's been nice knowing you. You are clearly about to be jailed for irony now.

Jailed for my beliefs.

free the Salisbury 1

#victim #feelmypain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...