Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus Decimus

The Culture Wars

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It’s quite an obvious one. She says that owing to how society is, it is often safest for women to assume that a man they don’t know is a rapist until they have evidence otherwise. This, she says, is damaging to society and men have to lead in sorting it out.

So almost the complete opposite of the spin YK was trying to put on it by his use of the dribbling of some sub standard alt-lite You Tube Vlogger. 

I. Am. Amazed. 

7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So would make sense for a woman to assume a stranger might be about to attack her? For her own safety?

No it wouldn’t. I’m not going to be explicit but let’s just say the approach taken by leftist Swedish women is the very essence of leftist deflection. The scale of the problem is extrapolated to include all men at the fear of not singling out a particular group. Quite simply it is cowardly behaviour 

8 minutes ago, Shadow said:

So almost the complete opposite of the spin YK was trying to put on it by his use of the dribbling of some sub standard alt-lite You Tube Vlogger. 

I. Am. Amazed. 

It’s rather funny that the same approach directed at minority groups or women would be considered bigotry. Leftist double standards at it again.

Furthermore men are not a monolithic entity. Asking men to sort it out is like me asking single mothers to stop raising their kids to be criminals 

7 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

No it wouldn’t. I’m not going to be explicit but let’s just say the approach taken by leftist Swedish women is the very essence of leftist deflection. The scale of the problem is extrapolated to include all men at the fear of not singling out a particular group. Quite simply it is cowardly behaviour 

Wikipedia and the UN seem to disagree with you.

You'd best get on to them and let them know you know better

A frequently cited source when comparing Swedish rape statistics internationally is the regularly published report by the

United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), based on official statistics provided by each member state.[note 1] In 2012, Sweden had 66 cases of reported rapes per 100,000 population, according to the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå).[242] This was unequivocally the biggest number reported to the UNODC in 2012.[243] However, widely differing legal systems, offence definitions, terminological variations, recording practices and statistical conventions makes any cross-national comparison on rape statistics difficult,[244][245][246][247] which is why the UNODC itself caution against using their figures.[243] It should also be noted that many countries do not report any rape statistics at all to the UNODC,[248] and some report very low numbers, despite studies that indicate otherwise.[249][250]

300px-Rape_rate_per_100%2C000_-_country_

Comparison of selected countries' reported rape rates, 2012.

The Swedish police record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[244][247][251] Sweden also has a comparatively wide definition of rape.[244][245][246] This means that more sexual crimes are registered as rape than in most other countries.[245] For example, in 2005 Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider,[244][252][253][254] which led to a marked increase in reports.[255][256] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to decrease the number of unreported cases.[244][256][257][258] For this reason, large-scale victimisation surveys have been presented by criminologistsas a more reliable indicator of rape prevalence.[244][245][246] An EU-wide survey on sexual violence against women, published by the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) in 2014, showed Sweden was only third highest, below Denmark and Finland[259] and a previous assessment by Brå have placed Sweden at an average level among European nations.[245]

According to the FRA study there's a strong correlation between higher levels of gender equality and disclosure of sexual violence.[259] This, and a greater willingness among Swedish women to report rape in relationships,[260] may also explain the relatively high rates of reported rape in Sweden, which has a long-standing tradition of gender equality policy and legislation, as well as an established women's movement,[246] and has been ranked as the number one country in sex equality.[247][261]

Edited by Shadow

5 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

It’s rather funny that the same approach directed at minority groups or women would be considered bigotry. Leftist double standards at it again.

Furthermore men are not a monolithic entity. Asking men to sort it out is like me asking single mothers to stop raising their kids to be criminals 

What kind of Bell End must someone be to make himself, a sad angry man on the Internet in Yorkshire the victim when discussing Rape in Sweden.

Actually, don't bother . I know the answer to that one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Wikipedia and the UN seem to disagree with you.

You'd best get on to them and let them know you know better

Like clockwork, I was waiting for this. Anything to hide the problem I guess. I suppose the measure of happiness is accurate but not those rape statistics oh no! That would be going against the narrative. 

While we are at it, I think we should also touch on the no go zones in Sweden. Oh wait, I’m sure the Swedish you use a different system for designating no go zones so those aren’t accurate as well. Am I right?

3 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Like clockwork, I was waiting for this. Anything to hide the problem I guess. I suppose the measure of happiness is accurate but not those rape statistics oh no! That would be going against the narrative. 

While we are at it, I think we should also touch on the no go zones in Sweden. Oh wait, I’m sure the Swedish you use a different system for designating no go zones so those aren’t accurate as well. Am I right?

Would they be like the No Go zones in London and Birmingham then? you know, the ones that don't exist?

2 minutes ago, Shadow said:

What kind of Bell End must someone be to make himself, a sad angry man on the Internet in Yorkshire the victim when discussing Rape in Sweden.

Actually, don't bother . I know the answer to that one.

It’s a valid point which you has stumped because it exposes the hypocrisy of leftism. As with leftist views, it’s okay to discriminate against certain groups but not others 

Just now, Shadow said:

Would they be like the No Go zones in London and Birmingham then? you know, the ones that don't exist?

No I’m talking about Swedish no go zones. A news crew from Australia investigated it. Would you like me to link the video? 

12 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

No I’m talking about Swedish no go zones. A news crew from Australia investigated it. Would you like me to link the video? 

While you're at it have a look at this one as well

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crime-sweden-rape-capital-europe/

Now, it's a long read so here's the conclusion for you

"There is simply no data to show that Sweden is the rape capital of Europe, or even that rape is on the rise in the country."

25 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

So Sweden is safe and women should be unafraid?

Cos you don’t seem to be saying that elsewhere.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Off you go then.

Here's the debunking of that particular lie to save you the bother.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sweden-crime-no-go-zone-police/

10 minutes ago, Shadow said:

While you're at it have a look at this one as well

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/crime-sweden-rape-capital-europe/

Now, it's a long read so here's the conclusion for you

"There is simply no data to show that Sweden is the rape capital of Europe, or even that rape is on the rise in the country."

Good old snopes. You lose all credibility when you cite a “fact” checking website as evidence. That’s an issue for another day however, I’ve already made it clear in this thread why they’re all a bunch of agenda driven garbage.

But anyway here you go 

12 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So Sweden is safe and women should be unafraid?

Cos you don’t seem to be saying that elsewhere.

Sweden is a failed leftist utopia. We’ll leave it that seeing that you’re either unable or unwilling to read between the lines however I certainly think it’s the latter. It’s just typical leftist tactics to avoid and deflect issues which include non white non Christian people 

52 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Sweden is a failed leftist utopia. We’ll leave it that seeing that you’re either unable or unwilling to read between the lines however I certainly think it’s the latter. It’s just typical leftist tactics to avoid and deflect issues which include non white non Christian people 

I just need to know which of your statements is true. Do women need to be afraid or are they snowflakes for thinking they should be?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

And also the highest rape statistics in Europe 

And thats just Assange.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I just need to know which of your statements is true. Do women need to be afraid or are they snowflakes for thinking they should be?

A bit of both when looking at it in context 

Just now, Yorkshire Knight said:

A bit of both when looking at it in context 

So the MP was correct.

Why are all those sites outraged then?

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So the MP was correct.

Why are all those sites outraged then?

She was incorrect in discriminating against ALL MEN. Even a preschooler would do better at understanding the point 

The intersectionality train smash war is inching closer and closer. The various groups white leftists have been defending all this time will at some point lock horns as ideals and values clash!

“But how can this be?” the white leftist asks. “Our envisioned utopia was nothing short of rainbows and unicorns. Golly gosh, the straight white Christian man was supposed to be the problem that is causing all the hate so why are our interest groups fighting amongst themselves? I know, it’s those pesky white Christians causing all of this hate!!!” 

Despite all the evidence being on the table, the white leftist still won’t acknowledge it. The longer they ignore it, the bigger the train smash is going to be and I have my popcorn ready! It’s going to be spectacular especially with white leftists losing their minds on who to support. They’re only going to be able to deflect to Christians for so long before they are forced to acknowledge and address the clear and obvious issue which is brewing. But knowing how cowardly white leftists can be, I still question whether this enlightenment will ever take place. Intersectional groups will be fighting in the streets and the white leftist will still deflect!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6917577/Muslim-parents-claim-school-brainwashing-children-boy-sent-home-book-gay-couple.html

Edited by Yorkshire Knight

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

The intersectionality train smash war is inching closer and closer. The various groups white leftists have been defending all this time will at some point lock horns as ideals and values clash!

“But how can this be?” the white leftist asks. “Our envisioned utopia was nothing short of rainbows and unicorns. Golly gosh, the straight white Christian man was supposed to be the problem that is causing all the hate so why are our interest groups fighting amongst themselves? I know, it’s those pesky white Christians causing all of this hate!!!” 

Despite all the evidence being on the table, the white leftist still won’t acknowledge it. The longer they ignore it, the bigger the train smash is going to be and I have my popcorn ready! It’s going to be spectacular especially with white leftists losing their minds on who to support. They’re only going to be able to deflect to Christians for so long before they are forced to acknowledge and address the clear and obvious issue which is brewing. But knowing how cowardly white leftists can be, I still question whether this enlightenment will ever take place. Intersectional groups will be fighting in the streets and the white leftist will still deflect!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6917577/Muslim-parents-claim-school-brainwashing-children-boy-sent-home-book-gay-couple.html

The white leftists have been quite vocal that the parents should not be pandered to.  Not sure why you haven't noticed.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I'm locking this thread.

I've had enough of even attempting to moderate it.

It's just beyond bizarre.

There are other places on the internet to discuss these sort of issues, I'm sure.

Please use them instead of TRL.

Thank you and good evening.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I'm locking this thread.

I've had enough of even attempting to moderate it.

It's just beyond bizarre.

There are other places on the internet to discuss these sort of issues, I'm sure.

Please use them instead of TRL.

Thank you and good evening.

I saw the report on this and my heart sank. The sole reason I’ve tolerated this thread’s existence for so long is that it stopped the drivel getting onto other threads.

To all readers and participants on this thread, get this clear, I won’t tolerate this intolerance and drivel on other threads.

• Like 3

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain