Fouroux 1995 french comp

12 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

He had a plan. Its a shame it didn't work out as French Rugby League would be better for it today

Should of canned the Paris franchise. Crowds where okay for Bordeaux, Lyon and marseille. Let’s hope the super xiii with Dayan can draw crowds like this event. 

5 hours ago, winnyason said:

Found this and also this info 

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/France_Rugby_League

I won't go into this too much but we were at most of these matches and very few of the lessons were taken on board, TGG being resistant to change who'd have thought it?

I'm pretty sure that group weren't at the other matches and I'm glad because with all the times they were the main attractions at Fete in the area I never wanted to hear Zouk Machine again.

At one match a woman behind said "Mais c'est vite!" and that made me realise what a good job had been done of hiding RL.

It may have been the Forbidden Game but far more damage was done by it being the Hidden sport!

Thanks for finding it great stuff .... I still had a tee-shirt from the series until quite recently. It was  " nearly as faded as my dreams" misquote.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I won't go into this too much but we were at most of these matches and very few of the lessons were taken on board, TGG being resistant to change who'd have thought it?

I'm pretty sure that group weren't at the other matches and I'm glad because with all the times they were the main attractions at Fete in the area I never wanted to hear Zouk Machine again.

At one match a woman behind said "Mais c'est vite!" and that made me realise what a good job had been done of hiding RL.

It may have been the Forbidden Game but far more damage was done by it being the Hidden sport!

Thanks for finding it great stuff .... I still had a tee-shirt from the series until quite recently. It was  " nearly as faded as my dreams" misquote.

Yeah it seems very seperate to elite 1 comp,  Dayan would be hoping for averages of that 4-5 thousand that’s pending the funding deal I imagine soccer club will have to chip in here. 

Thats said spectator wise France much better position than 25 years ago. 

Catalans (pernignan) averages 10 thousand there taken games to Montpellier and Narbonne getting 12k plus crowds. The on the road game in Toulouse v Hull KR had15 thousand through gate. A thought would dragons consider on the road games in Bordeaux or marseille. 

Toulouse championship side taking a home game down to Albi this season. There averages have increased to 3 thousand but venue big reason here. 

The local comp since these days has seen a stronger Avignon and Albi rejoin. 

Avignon had tests crowds very high the 2013 wc biggest since 1980, while they suppling likes of Garcia, Julian and gigot to national team. 

Albi had some very good test crowds a couple 10k plus. Carcassonne is a hotbed for code and is usually the elite final venue and or lord derby with crowds around that 10k and Narbonne has a go also given it’s close to lezignan. 

strategy wise maybe using Catalans with games into Bordeaux, marseille and Lyon may get that interest back. Maybe even taking a Toulouse or dragons game to Toulon given there interest down that way. 

10 hours ago, winnyason said:

Yeah it seems very seperate to elite 1 comp,  Dayan would be hoping for averages of that 4-5 thousand that’s pending the funding deal I imagine soccer club will have to chip in here. 

Thats said spectator wise France much better position than 25 years ago. 

Catalans (pernignan) averages 10 thousand there taken games to Montpellier and Narbonne getting 12k plus crowds. The on the road game in Toulouse v Hull KR had15 thousand through gate. A thought would dragons consider on the road games in Bordeaux or marseille. 

Toulouse championship side taking a home game down to Albi this season. There averages have increased to 3 thousand but venue big reason here. 

The local comp since these days has seen a stronger Avignon and Albi rejoin. 

Avignon had tests crowds very high the 2013 wc biggest since 1980, while they suppling likes of Garcia, Julian and gigot to national team. 

Albi had some very good test crowds a couple 10k plus. Carcassonne is a hotbed for code and is usually the elite final venue and or lord derby with crowds around that 10k and Narbonne has a go also given it’s close to lezignan. 

strategy wise maybe using Catalans with games into Bordeaux, marseille and Lyon may get that interest back. Maybe even taking a Toulouse or dragons game to Toulon given there interest down that way. 

That sounds positive and really good news, thanks!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived