5 Thatto Heath

6 Wath Brow

7 Underbank

8 Kells 

9 Myton

10 Egremont

11 St Pats

12 Normanton

i think Hunslet could claim the top spot going on previous results, ST Pats have flirted with relegation in the last few seasons and this could be the time they fall out the trap door

Sorry Normy coming up via the playoffs is always going to be tough unless you have picked up a couple of players, if not then it might be a short stay in the premier division 

i think West’s will fare better this term and Mayfield will certainly challenge 

this will be the first time we have no Leigh side in the premier 

I agree with your top 6, although maybe some slight ordering adjustments, like I think Thatto may be a little higher, and would obviously love to see Hunslet finish top. 

Can't wait for the start of the season - will be great going to some of these teams this year and we're very much looking forward to hosting them. 

I think for overall winners Mayfield and Siddal will pose the biggest threat to us. 

My prediction:

1 Siddal

2 Hunslet CP

3 Mayfield

4 Thatto Heath

5 West Hull

6 Wath Brow

7 Kells

8 Underbank

9 Egremont

10 Myton

11 St Pats

12 Normanton

Siddal are a great club and I don't see them struggling... however I think the loss of Garrod, Sanderson etc. will have a big impact. Look at Miners last year after O'Brien left?

1. Thatto

2. Mayfield

3. Wath Brow

4. West Hull

5. Hunslet 

6. Siddal

7. Kells

8. Underbank

9. Myton

10. Egremont

11. St Pats

12. Normanton

1. Mayfield 

2. Thatto Heath Crusaders

3. Hunslet CP

4. Wath Brow Hornets

5. Siddal

6. Underbank Rangers

7. West Hull

8. Wigan St. Pat's

9. Normanton Knights

10. Kells

11. Egremont Rangers

12. Myton Warriors

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

Just looking at peoples prediction here it feels like there are at least 9 teams realistically pushing for play-offs and not just to make up the numbers, but actually to make it to the final.

Looks like a very strong league, which is great for the NCL. Nobody wants to see teams getting annihilated at any level but in the Premier division there's even more spotlight, so this bodes well IMO. 

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Been like that for a number of years.

I disagree - I think the play offs have been predictable over the past few seasons and this is evident when you look at the results in the weekly rounds. Usually at least 2 blow out (20+ winning margin) score lines every week. 

Only time will tell how it pans out this year but I agree with the above table predictions that show around 9 clubs could potentially beat each and therefore be competitive in the play offs. 

I disagree with showing Egremont in the bottom 3, They proved after getting lads back from injury that they are a very good team and nearly sneaked into the playoffs at the end of the season.

Cumbria is always a hard place for teams to come and take 2 points away, would love to see all 3 teams in the playoffs this year

• 2 months later...
On 19/01/2018 at 9:50 AM, Cumbria1 said:

I disagree with showing Egremont in the bottom 3, They proved after getting lads back from injury that they are a very good team and nearly sneaked into the playoffs at the end of the season.

Cumbria is always a hard place for teams to come and take 2 points away, would love to see all 3 teams in the playoffs this year

Looks like you may be right about The Mont, Cumbria really has had a resurgence of good teams under the auspices of Summer Rugby 

Long way to go yet though. 

• 5 months later...

Yes i do think 3 down is too much,2 down and 2 up is ample,how far are hunslet club parkside widening   The net for next seasons recruitment?..would be nice to have some local lads playing for them like the warriors , instead of cas, wakey lads being drafted in !!!!

3 hours ago, Fax lad said:

Yes i do think 3 down is too much,2 down and 2 up is ample,how far are hunslet club parkside widening   The net for next seasons recruitment?..would be nice to have some local lads playing for them like the warriors , instead of cas, wakey lads being drafted in !!!!

Hahaha, That's a good effort to get a bite I'lll give you that. Surprised you didn't chuck in a bit of 'How much they paying them?' bile that we've heard plenty of as well. Don't be bitter, be better Fax lad. 

But just to clarify for the wider forum, who won't have the local knowledge, 9 of our starting 13 last week are from LS10 (Hunslet post code area) so this is literally absolute rubbish. Craig Miles is probably the closest to being from Cas/Wakey - but saying a player like him has been 'drafted in' is hilarious. He's played for us for about 6 years now hahahaha. I'll tell you what though, if there's all these brilliant players from Cas and Wakey you might want to give the Warriors a knock and let them know....if they don't mind Div 3 next year that is ?

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Given that a side could be relegated and only be 6 points short of the play offs,is 3 up 3 down too much ?

I agree in some respects but it's hard to argue that it doesn't work especially as it appears all 3 promoted clubs this year will stay up? It just means the margin between success and failure is closer. If Thornhill, Leigh Miners and Lock Lane come up this year i'd say that will make the Prem even stronger than this season IMO. 

Now the playoffs are all but confirmed (barring a big win for Siddal and a heavy defeat for Wath), who do you fancy?

At this moment in time, Hunslet are the obvious pick but anything can happen in one off games. On top of that, there's very little to split places 2-6.

Should be an interesting one!

Archived