Premier League Predictions

1 hour ago, legend killer said:

Do many ncl team bring the juniors through into the first team, or do a lot of the team go out and recruit players? On average how many players are representing there junior clubs in the ncl, just out of curiosity 

I can only think of 2 players who’ve played NCL for Wath Brow this season who didn’t come through the juniors.

10 hours ago, legend killer said:

Do many ncl team bring the juniors through into the first team, or do a lot of the team go out and recruit players? On average how many players are representing there junior clubs in the ncl, just out of curiosity 

In our 17 last week there were 12 that came through junior ranks. Looking at the other 5 - 2 are new players this season and the other 3 have played for us for pretty much all their time as an open age player. I should add, the 2 new players I mention certainly weren't 'recruited' - they came to us and were treated the same as any new players and expected to prove their worth in training before getting selected. 

Been in and around the lads at Hunslet I think they adapt to any pitch and to be as consistent as they are it shows they’ve adapted..from the huge pitch at thatto Heath to small pitch at siddal and there own is very narrow they score points on any pitch so it wouldn’t of bothered them Widnes or Featherstone they’ve played on a full size 4G at Milford numerous times so I reckon the speed wouldn’t of affected them IMO

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I bet you are,favours you more with your forward size than the fast surface at Widnes.

That's been said so many times now and been proved wrong on each of them occasions. It literally makes no difference to us. You don't win every away game for over 2 years by relying on a pitch that apparently suits your game. 

Hunslet green and gold, when u say a lot of your lads came through your juniors, don’t want to sound petty but am I right in thinking u didn’t have a junior set up, that’s why u merged with parkside, I’m sure U will understand my question, is having no junior set up also the reason why sharlston rovers have never entered the conference, as they have had some cracking sides in years gone by, cheers in advance 

2 hours ago, Fax lad said:

Hunslet green and gold, when u say a lot of your lads came through your juniors, don’t want to sound petty but am I right in thinking u didn’t have a junior set up, that’s why u merged with parkside, I’m sure U will understand my question, is having no junior set up also the reason why sharlston rovers have never entered the conference, as they have had some cracking sides in years gone by, cheers in advance 

Before it was officially merged pretty much any lad who played for Parkside at junior level went to the 'Old Boys' for open age, so yes I'm including them players because the links were always there well before the official merger. Yeah Sharlston have attempted entry to NCL a couple of times but the youth set up as never been considered as serious enough from what I heard. Shame because 5/6 years ago they were the best amateur side in the country in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Wow the Hunslet defence league are out in force,never said you could only win on small pitches but the 4g at Widnes has resulted in some teams overturning league/play off form to take out the trophy.

Your comments suggested we'd prefer the smaller and slanted pitch to a fast pitch. I was just confirming it makes no odds, we just adapt to whatever we get thrown at us - player or pitch wise. I'd suggest teams that do get affected by variables like the pitch don't have the adequate skill set or knowledge and that's why they struggle. 

33 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Before it was officially merged pretty much any lad who played for Parkside at junior level went to the 'Old Boys' for open age, so yes I'm including them players because the links were always there well before the official merger. Yeah Sharlston have attempted entry to NCL a couple of times but the youth set up as never been considered as serious enough from what I heard. Shame because 5/6 years ago they were the best amateur side in the country in my opinion. 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:17 PM, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Shame because 5/6 years ago they were the best amateur side in the country in my opinion. 

I would agree with you there, they had a fine side when they won the BARLA national cup a few times times start of this decade and would have given any of the top NCL sides of the time a good run. I think some of them players are now playing for Fev Lions.

4 hours ago, SilentAssassin said:

I would agree with you there, they had a fine side when they won the BARLA national cup a few times times start of this decade and would have given any of the top NCL sides of the time a good run. I think some of them players are now playing for Fev Lions.

Ha yes at least once at our expensive too. Yeah I think the movement between Fev Lions and Sharlston has gone on for years. All I know is they seem to have a much stronger Junior set up now and it'll be a real shame if they don't get into the NCL soon as in my mind they're one of the great names of amateur RL. 

Archived